Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats

Year one makes playoffs (while losing starting QB, best defender and still needing wins)

Year two...loses starting QB and starting MLB before the season starts...has no bye week, deals with the worst travel schedule in football (Including displacing his team and travel to England)....still manages 6 wins.

and yet..."hot seat"

Gase has at least two more years before it is even considered that the team moves on from him. What will happen is he will show progress, Miami will move on and he will be the bane of our existence. We finally get a coach who knows his stuff and people **** on him because of last season...Oh, he got rid of Landry...not because he was "Alpha" but because he struggled with the playbook and after 4 years in the NFL could not read a ****ing option route.

A third year coach going through a rebuilding mode and from everything we have heard the owner is fond of......nope.

Fondness can change quickly if you keep producing losing records.

Re Gase

Me thinks its more like he's on the porta potty seat.

Kinda stinks in there and so get your business done fast!

did you guys defend philbin like this because the similarities are uncanny. 2 HCs living off the success of coaching hall of fame QBs. Poor coaching staffs. Prior bengals DB coaches as DCs. Running off alpha type players to build a better locker room.

Ross making it known he wasn't thrilled with our draft puts the entire FO and staff on notice.
Haven't watched too much of the Dolphins have you?

Fondness can change quickly if you keep producing losing records.
LOL producing losing seasons. he's had one losing season and it's because of starting QB went down.
The only people that think he's on the hot seat are philbin lovers and people who thought we were drafting a QB in the first. Hopefully you guys find your pacifier so you stop with the whining.

Gase's personnel moves and staff hires leave a lot to be desired.

The schedule is hard this year and team depth will come into play the back 3rd of the year.

if anything happens to Tannehill the front office blame game will start. Typical Miami Dolphins behavior under Stephen Ross.

I tried to have faith in philbin at first, I thought he had potential, he was gonna be a cerebial coach, guess it was just his head, I dunno. he kind of worn thin on me quick. out of any coach that has ever coached any of my favorite teams, Philbin was at the tops by far of coaches that I cussed thru the tv, followed closely by ECU's former HC Ruff McNeil, and the Tarheels coach Roy Williams who thinks you can collect Time Outs and carry them over obviously. but philbin (by myself being a fans) standards did the dumbest **** ever, he coached like a sissy, had poor time management. for starters you can let it slide a little, he had no previous head coaching experience, why I thought it was okay for gase to be allowed to slide at first. we cuss Gase for getting rid of players he doesn't feel are good for locker room, but turn around and say "Philbin had to know about bullygate, how did he let that just happen?" not saying Gase would've prevented bully gate, but I'd almost bet Martin would've been gone sooner as soft and horrible of a blocker as he is. Gase cant be given a free ride this year unless MULTIPLE MAJOR off the wall stuff happens that he has no control over.

Standings can lie so you cant go 100% by them but I'd take it something like this....and this is with HIS team on the field, would grant him .33 losses per starter , so last year I would grant him (Lippet, Tanne, Kwon) even tho I know those 3 are worth more than 1 loss.

0-4 replace
5-7 look for feelers to see if anything with HC experience is available, if nothing available playoffs or bye in 2019
8-10 come on back minimum 10 wins in 2019 though
11-15, sign to extension
16 sign to life time extension.

no im not happy with mediocrity. just say its not gonna be a good year for qb's coming out, tanne is under contract for another season at least after this, so unless he craps the bed and we win 4 or less than he stands a change to be safe, but 5-7 wins I say we still see if anything worth starting over again is out there, if not status quo for one more year, its already been a couple dozen

LOL producing losing seasons. he's had one losing season and it's because of starting QB went down.
The only people that think he's on the hot seat are philbin lovers and people who thought we were drafting a QB in the first. Hopefully you guys find your pacifier so you stop with the whining.

Clearly you didn't read my previous post. I said IF the culture change backfires AND the Dolphins record this season is worse than last season then Gase will be on the hot seat.

I hated Philbin and am a HUGE Tannehill supporter. Did NOT want to draft QB AT ALL. Minkah was the only guy I wanted in the 1st.
My prediction for the year is 10-6.

Again, like a tie in Hockey, with RT17 going down, Gase is 1-0-1. He was handpicked by the owner who rewarded him by taking a weak team into the postseason. In terms of Gase's stability, at least through 2019, that's all you really need to know.

Things can change in heartbeat

They can, but Ross sticks by his coaches no matter what. He held onto Philbin far too long, and he didn’t even particularly like the guy. How long of a leashe do you think he is going to give a coach he adores?

You need to leave your personal feelings at the door and look at it objectively. Regardless of how you or I feel about the guy, the man who makes the decisions loves him. He isn’t going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Gase will get a few more years and atleast a selection of his own QB before he gets booted. If he was in danger of being fired, Ross would not have let him make all the changes that were made.

How the hell isn't Marvin Lewis on the hot seat? I think the Bengals are going to be one of the worst teams in the league this year. If the Bengals finish with a losing record I wouldn't be surprised to see them finally move on from Lewis. I would put Lewis above Gase on that list without question.

unless this team ends up 1-15 with Tannehill playing 16 games that is not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom