Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News : Nfl Coaching Hot Seats

According to Football Outsiders we had the 28th ranked defense, down from 19th under Joseph.
And Joseph was a longtime DC that got a HC gig. Burke was in his very first year and forced to field guys like Timmons, alteraun Verner and chase Allen. Sorry I just have more patience than to can a guy after his first attempt. At least Burke showed he has the brains to play press once in a while instead of always playing off coverage even when it gets torched over and over.

Gase would have to go almost winless this season to lose his job. Hope he's the real deal because were going to be stuck with him for awhile. I'm still on the fence with him, I think this season will be the most telling of his future in Miami.

We didn't get a veteran HC. We haven't done that in a while. The reason why is because Ross wants a young man to stay here for a while so I don't think he's putting Gase on a hot seat. I also believe that Ross understands what can happen to an NFL season when a starting qb goes down.

Gase did not choose Landry, Suh, or Pouncey. H eas there when Ajayi was brought in, but who knows how much influence he had on that pick in his first year. So Gase has had 2 NFL seasons. The playoffs and then embarrassment. A third season would suggest he has learned a little, and I believe he has. This year he gets his coaches and his players. Also his qb comes back.

To me, this is an exciting wildcard season. Nobody knows what to expect. I'm not in the "In Gase we trust" mania like I was in 2016, but I have a really good feel about what's cooking with this years team. Chef Gase has his cooks and ingrediants in place, let's see what he serves up.

I'm a big guy whos all about eating so im ready to see what the Chef Gase cooks up as you would say. I don't like to be the guy who corrects others, BUT Ajayi was a Philbin pick, he missed the biggest part of his rookie season is why its kind of forgotten about. He was never a Gase pick and gase had issues with him from the get go. he was a primadonna who walked in to camp after Miller was allowed to leave and said the starting job is mine before even putting in the effort. If Drake comes into camp and preseason this year with that attitude look to see Gore start. Noone really thought that a washed up arian foster had more talent than ajayi, but he simply did what the coaches said and wanted. I think the main thing is get the players to want to commit to the team PLUS have talent. I'm sure a lot of our reserves do everything asked which is why they may stick but you have to have the talent. there are still a lot of lunch pail stars out there and that's what gase wants.

And Joseph was a longtime DC that got a HC gig. Burke was in his very first year and forced to field guys like Timmons, alteraun Verner and chase Allen. Sorry I just have more patience than to can a guy after his first attempt. At least Burke showed he has the brains to play press once in a while instead of always playing off coverage even when it gets torched over and over.

I'm not suggesting he's a lock to be bad going forward. But he was bad, and if the defense is ranked near the bottom of the league again its highly unlikely we do better than 8-8 regardless of what Tannehill and the offense looks like. And if we're 8-8 or worse again some heads will roll, thats been Ross' MO, he may like to hold to the top guy too long but he also likes to make sure some assistant gets canned after a couple of bad seasons. Rizzi or Burke should be afraid if we do poorly again.

Ross will stick with Gase.
Who would he replace him with?

Ross wanted a young"Shula"
He should have hired his son.

Gase will coach the Fins until the next change of ownership

I hope Gase gets time to put his stamp on this team. I don't necessarily like all the moves Miami has made, but it comes down to the fact that it's his team. I do feel like the offense needs to really get going this year, though, and by that I mean better than league average in most categories. The talent is there IMO to be better than league average with the improvements on the offensive line, the return of Tannehill, the drafting of a legit tight end in Gesicki, bringing in Gore etc.

I am hopeful that the Dolphins will exceed expectations, which seem to be pathetically low if you trust the media (ranked 30th in ESPN's power poll).

I'm a big guy whos all about eating so im ready to see what the Chef Gase cooks up as you would say. I don't like to be the guy who corrects others, BUT Ajayi was a Philbin pick, he missed the biggest part of his rookie season is why its kind of forgotten about. He was never a Gase pick and gase had issues with him from the get go. he was a primadonna who walked in to camp after Miller was allowed to leave and said the starting job is mine before even putting in the effort. If Drake comes into camp and preseason this year with that attitude look to see Gore start. Noone really thought that a washed up arian foster had more talent than ajayi, but he simply did what the coaches said and wanted. I think the main thing is get the players to want to commit to the team PLUS have talent. I'm sure a lot of our reserves do everything asked which is why they may stick but you have to have the talent. there are still a lot of lunch pail stars out there and that's what gase wants.
Haha, I love to eat as well! Thanks for the correction. These players being added get me a bit hyped to see their performances. The coaches just hired give me even more encouragement for a good season. Now, let's eat :biggrin

bottom line you win you keep your job. you lose you get fired. coach come and go. adam is no different than last 2 coach we had. you cannot live off 2016 season. these is nfl. I think he will at leased get 4 yr as hc in Miami.

Last edited:
Gase is going to be fired before year 3 . Not this year. 4-12 Team... Then next year 6-10.... Then he gets fired. Dolphins welcome Jim Harbaugh
man I was thinking same thing harbaugh is going get fired soon as well

Gase is going to be fired before year 3 . Not this year. 4-12 Team... Then next year 6-10.... Then he gets fired. Dolphins welcome Jim Harbaugh
your first sentence is wrong, and the last one will never happen.

dance-fail-gif-11.gif

man I was thinking same thing harbaugh is going get fired soon as well
REALLY, can you explain this.
AD says he wants Jim Harbaugh at Michigan until he retires. ... But if any Wolverines fans are unhappy with Harbaugh, athletic director Warde Manuel is not one of them.

Oh and AD means athletic director.

REALLY, can you explain this.
AD says he wants Jim Harbaugh at Michigan until he retires. ... But if any Wolverines fans are unhappy with Harbaugh, athletic director Warde Manuel is not one of them.

Oh and AD means athletic director.

he went 8-5 last year. He finishes same or worse this year (with losses to OSU and MSU) and he could get canned like anyone else. All you guys thinking that coaches will keep their job forever regardless of W-L are smoking rocks

This is a young team that still hasn't come into its own yet. while there seems to be, on paper, Talent on both sides of the ball with the one glaring weakness in my opinion that's at the defensive tackle spot I can't see how they can't challenge for a winning record or even a playoff spot this season. I realize they end the season with a very hard schedule but if they all start to gel and the offense starts to hit it strides because of the effectiveness of the offensive line and the return of Tannehill I can't see how they won't be able to challenge for a winning record. The defense has me more worried, than anything, because of the lack of stoutness at the defensive line position. And you still have unprovrn cornerbacks as well as unproven young linebackers if they gel they could play well it's going to be how much the coaches get out of them and think that's where you're going to make a break the season they have to come together they're young and talented but they haven't done it on the field. If they don't win it could very well be Gases last year although I believe he's got at least two more years here in Miami

In regards to Gase being on the hot seat, it is possible he got a free pass for last season after Tannehill got hurt, so I don't expect to see him get fired after this season unless we are absolutely terrible (ie let's say last season NY Giants bad). At that point it would be tough to bring him back for another season, but if we make it to 7 wins or more it is probable that he would be back next year.

Back
Top Bottom