sportscenter | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sportscenter

STOP talking about what has Culpepper done without Moss. WHAT DID MOSS DO WITHOUT CULPEPPER? Thats right, if you want to argue Daunte isnt a good qb, then youd have to argue Randy Moss isnt an awesome reciever. Randy didnt do sh*t last year without Daunte. Why dont people talk about that? We have the opportuntiy to pick up a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady talent Caliber quarterback for the cheapest you will ever see a qb of that talent go. So what if he misses half the season? Some of you want us to draft Cutler and start Frerotte. Isnt that the same thing? Only Culpepper has proven himself as one of the best qbs in this league. You saw what he did with only moss as a weapon. Imagine him with Chambers, Owens, Mcmichael, ricky and Ronnie. The upside of this trade is enormous. F depending on the draft where nothing is guaranteed. A qb like Culpepper doesnt come out every year. Those of us who watched him play these past 3 or 4 years want him here. Not to mention hes a Florida boy

LoneWulF said:
STOP talking about what has Culpepper done without Moss. WHAT DID MOSS DO WITHOUT CULPEPPER? Thats right, if you want to argue Daunte isnt a good qb, then youd have to argue Randy Moss isnt an awesome reciever. Randy didnt do sh*t last year without Daunte. Why dont people talk about that? We have the opportuntiy to pick up a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady talent Caliber quarterback for the cheapest you will ever see a qb of that talent go. So what if he misses half the season? Some of you want us to draft Cutler and start Frerotte. Isnt that the same thing? Only Culpepper has proven himself as one of the best qbs in this league. You saw what he did with only moss as a weapon. Imagine him with Chambers, Owens, Mcmichael, ricky and Ronnie. The upside of this trade is enormous. F depending on the draft where nothing is guaranteed. A qb like Culpepper doesnt come out every year. Those of us who watched him play these past 3 or 4 years want him here. Not to mention hes a Florida boy

LOL R u kiddin me?

So i guess what Moss did with Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Gus Frerotte means nothing huh?

Oh yeah, let's just look at his season that he was hampered with a hamstring injury almost all season

dorsaroll156 said:
i think we should do a ricky for culpepper trade straight up

Love the sig!!!!!
Just had to throw that in there.

As far as Culpepper goes, I say pass!!! Stay with Ferrotte and groom a rookie. Like Whitehurst. Hehe:D

no way i love my ricky!!!!! trade first round pick instead! i believe ricky is more needed the first overall pick! this could be the team to beat in the afc with cullpepper, owens, ricky and brown! and oh dont forget chambers! wow this team is going to be sick if that gets done!

John clayton speak to NS himself? and why no St louis in the cards?

LoneWulF said:

The downside is he has a crap knee and wants tons more money.

SleepWithDaFish said:
Love the sig!!!!!
Just had to throw that in there.

As far as Culpepper goes, I say pass!!! Stay with Ferrotte and groom a rookie. Like Whitehurst. Hehe:D

nice Pic. I would go for that. I would also draft the QB from Missouri in the seventh.:D

first&goal said:
I would give a second rounder and no Ricky!

Sounds good to me. When healthy, DC is better than any 2nd round QB. So a 2nd for him is OK (afterall, didnt we give up a 2nd for Feeley??), If Minny is asking for only a 2nd pick. And we get to keep Ricky on top of it. Imagine a healthy DC, Chambers, McMike, and the R&R Express!!! that would be nice.
Even tho ive never been a DC fan. I dont think a 2nd rounder for him is too much to part with. JMHO

LoneWulF said:

Culpepper is not the franchise QB we need. We need to draft a young QB thats going to be us for a while.

NashPhin said:
Ricky and a #2 might get the deal done.

They say ONLY a 2nd round pick might be enough to get him. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Ricky's gonna be able to get a little better. We can get a 1st round pick for him.

Please...

BringBackShula said:
They say ONLY a 2nd round pick might be enough to get him. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Ricky's gonna be able to get a little better. We can get a 1st round pick for him.

a first round at the bar maybe....No Gm will give up a high pick for him because he is a quitter who abandoned his team and a slip up from a crushing suspension.

No Way!

MetalKev said:
i say ricky straight up for him

Why would you give up anything in terms of personnel or picks for Culpepper. The guy was a great fantasy QB, but so what? We need a guy who can manage a game and win ball games. Think of who we can't sign if we take on a QB who has been charged in the party boat scandal (which shows a complete lack of judgment and leadership), has a huge contract, is coming off one of the most severe knee injuries in recent memory, and was playing terrible BEFORE the injury. No Schulters or Bentley or Clements if we get Culpepper. I wouldn't take him for free, much less give the most valuable trade bait in the league. Incidentally, Ricky needs to stay. We are ready to make a run this year and he and Ronnie are the best backfield in the NFL. Thats what wins Championships, not first round draft picks in fantasy football leagues.

Culpepper is not a winner and has won nothing. Yes a 2nd rounder would be a great deal for someone of his caliber but think about what he does to our cap. There's a little something called team chemistry that I think everyone is quick to forget. Gus was beginning to jell with his teammates and playing with a bit more consistency toward the end of the season. Ricky's is worth much more to us than he would garner in terms of a draft pick. I say we draft a guy like Whitehurst in the 3rd round and pick up a DB and DT in the first 2 rounds. Defense wins championships.

BringBackShula said:
i doubt we could get a 2nd for him.

Back
Top Bottom