sportscenter | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sportscenter

In case you took a year off from watching football, Daunte Culpepper enjoyed one of the best offensive seasons in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL.

* 379 completions
* 548 attempts
* 69.2%
* 4,717 yards
* 8.6 YPA
* 39 TD passes
* 11 Ints
* 406 rushing yards
* 2 rush TDs

How is he less valuable than a backup RB?

you people are crazy if you thingk the vikings would trade culpepper for ricky, especially when you don't know how long ricky will be in the nfl! 2 years tops,

I know he got hurt and I know that he was off to a terrible start last year. His 2004 season was historic. Monumental. If he can regain 3/4 of that productiopn he would be a perrenial probowler.

poornate said:
I know he got hurt and I know that he was off to a terrible start last year. His 2004 season was historic. Monumental. If he can regain 3/4 of that productiopn he would be a perrenial probowler.

Those stats are more than a little affected by #84 clearing out half the field every time he ran downfield.

Personally I think it's a bad trade. Culpepper has to prove he can play well without Randy taking half the defense on decoy routes...

I'm not against trading Ricky, just not for Culpepper...

I much prefer a straight pocket passer. Bulger would be a much better qb IMHO...

Sorry but I had to repost this stat....

Let's take Daunte Culpepper's 2004 numbers and treat EVERY reception by Moss as an incompletion. In other words, let's remove Moss' 49 receptions, his yards and his 13 TDs and pretend they were all incompletions. How would Culpepper have fared?

* 330 completions
* 548 attempts
* 60.2% completion
* 3950 yards
* 7.2 YPA
* 26 TD passes
* 11 Ints
* 406 yards rushing
* 2 rush TDs

poornate said:
Let's take Daunte Culpepper's 2004 numbers and treat EVERY reception by Moss as an incompletion. In other words, let's remove Moss' 49 receptions, his yards and his 13 TDs and pretend they were all incompletions. How would Culpepper have fared?

* 330 completions
* 548 attempts
* 60.2% completion
* 3950 yards
* 7.2 YPA
* 26 TD passes
* 11 Ints
* 406 yards rushing
* 2 rush TDs

Randy didn't have to catch the ball to affect the opposing defense or the outcome of the game. (Or the QB's stats).

The completions to other recievers and the running game all benefited from one or both of the safeties playing Moss first...

I don't disagree....what I'm saying is completely removing his production has to carry more weight than his affect on freeing other receivers. If my memory serves me correctly, Culpeper had a higher QB rating without Moss in 04. And he was w/o Moss quite a bit that year.

dorsaroll156 said:
i think we should do a ricky for culpepper trade straight up

that sounds like a good deal. But i dont know if Minn. would do that.

No ricky keep him here we have ricky running the goal line because he will get bigger in the offseason and WE become like the steelers........DONT YOU THINK A PRO BOWL Qb LIKE CULPEPPER IS BEING SOLD CHEAP FOR JUST A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK...... HOW BAD IS THIS GUYS KNEE? CUZIT WAS WORSE THAN WHAT HAPPENED TO MCGAHEE

If We Get Culpepper, And T.o. Ima Go Straight To Dolphins Stadium And Reserve My Seat For The Super Bowl

poornate said:

* 330 completions
* 548 attempts
* 60.2% completion
* 3950 yards
* 7.2 YPA
* 26 TD passes
* 11 Ints
* 406 yards rushing
* 2 rush TDs

Great stats but what's the excuse for last year? His performance was inexcusable. It would be different if he had simply been mediocre but he played like one of the worst QB's last year. Then you add the reportedly $10 million more he wants for this coming year (alone) and that he may not be ready till the summer (but at less than 100%), you can see why he should be approached with caution. He made horrible mistakes last year (ala Aaron Brooks) and the team rallied around 73 year old Brad Johnson after he went down...this also puts his leadership and locker room respect into question. You gotta wonder what is going on in his head. I'm not sold on this guy but I'd be willing to swap Ricky and no more for him with all of those questions.

tcdrover said:
Randy didn't have to catch the ball to affect the opposing defense or the outcome of the game. (Or the QB's stats).

The completions to other recievers and the running game all benefited from one or both of the safeties playing Moss first...

While you're argument has some truth to it, I think it's flawed. First of all, it basically assumes that Chris Chambers doesn't draw extra attention, and that every coach thinks Moss is an unstoppable machine. The truth is that not all coaches sacrifice other aspects of their defense to play Moss, and that Chris does get his share of double coverage also. And while Moss may be a more dangerous receiver, the difference between the two isn't going to turn a QB like Culpepper into an average one.

tcdrover said:

culpepper put up great numbers in the games moss didn't play.

You guys are nuts. There was a another thread where someone mentioned the Vikes would take a 2nd rounder for Culpepper. What are the chances we get a player as good as Ricky with that 2nd round pick????? Slim to none?? Trade the pick over Ricky without question. I'd be a little leary of Culpepper, even Gus Frerrotte was very efficient in that offense and we all know how 80% of this board feels about him.

All this talk is fun but remember, we will probably aquire anywhere from 0 to 1 of all of the players being discussed in this forum.

Mr. Reality said:
You guys are nuts. There was a another thread where someone mentioned the Vikes would take a 2nd rounder for Culpepper. What are the chances we get a player as good as Ricky with that 2nd round pick????? Slim to none?? Trade the pick over Ricky without question. I'd be a little leary of Culpepper, even Gus Frerrotte was very efficient in that offense and we all know how 80% of this board feels about him.

All this talk is fun but remember, we will probably aquire anywhere from 0 to 1 of all of the players being discussed in this forum.
i'll trade a backup RB over a 2nd rounder who could start right away for us and contribute.

Back
Top Bottom