Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms

Where's your design?
I started one. Just have to be a bit more motivated to finish it is all. It's nothing crazy like the crap in the original post (not bashing the post just those God awful designs). It's more along the lines of meshing the current with the classic uniforms.

Neither really does it for me, but I love the old logo on the top helmet.

As opposed to every Dolphins uniform from when they entered the League through 2012 and opposed to every other 31 teams's current uniform. Sorry I was not more clear

Why is it weak?

The current Dolphins Uni...especially the all white is one of most liked in the league. Also, I'm not sure how the ones you posted represent something...."hard".

I started one. Just have to be a bit more motivated to finish it is all. It's nothing crazy like the crap in the original post (not bashing the post just those God awful designs). It's more along the lines of meshing the current with the classic uniforms.
A current / classic mesh would be perfect

This is what I want

f4861c08-1773-4baa-bd96-e380f82c610f-jpeg.10506

Wow this is perfect. Return to the old logo. Add light gray as a main color. The two in the left for home and away and keep the classic on the right as an alternate. For years, I wanted gray to be added to the unis, but all the mock ups changed the helmet color to gray and it never looked right. This is the ideal compromise in all respects. Modern mixed with classic. More wearable colors (as fans and players) without getting rid of the old colors. And the black shoes are essential. Gotta do this.

Those look like a bad batch of life-sized Lucky Charms marshmellows....

Gray uniforms are horrendous.

You should have stopped there. Gray is horrendous. Black uniforms are worse than horrendous.

Actually black uniforms are nothing but an accommodation to fear. The high school and college aged kids are obsessed with black cars and clothes, etc. so many college teams think they have to conform and use black in the color scheme. The weakling Canes will be wearing black in the Orange Bowl against Wisconsin.

Meanwhile the premier programs trot out their classic uniforms with no second thought or devotion to fear.

Decades ago the designers applied very simple concepts. They were gorgeous, and remain gorgeous. Dark bold colors and simple easily identifiable logos, many of which can be sketched within seconds. Then somehow the league allowed too much thought into the process, which is the path toward ruination. Those '60s guys looked at the natural curve of a helmet and designed a logo that fit. You've really got to go out of your way in tortured fashion to even consider a logo curving against the helmet, let alone to actually voice it, and somehow have nobody laugh it out of the room.

But then again, this is the Gator Day franchise, and both decisions within the same time frame. Collective tilt.

Fortunately several of the teams have wised up and reverted toward their classic heritage...Jets, Bills and now the Rams. It's so satisfying to see the Rams actually look like the Rams again, and while playing in the Coliseum...if only temporarily.

I hope the Dolphins get the hint.

Back
Top Bottom