Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms

Those uniforms look like something Disney would put on Tom Brady in similar movie to Space Jam, no thanks.

I'm with Awsi, nothing beats the classic look. All these new logos and uniforms remind of the disaster going on with the cinematic Marvel characters. Their costumes are mundane an unoriginal. They all look like GI Joe characters, hell they even managed to screw up Spidey's suit in the latest revival, uber Iron-Man/Spider-Man suit, yuck.

Do us all a favor Garfinkel, bring back the throwbacks and be done with it.

Guys - this is just a fun distraction from an agonizing season. These guys just did futuristic looks at all the NFL uniforms. I do believe that a very slightly modernized version of the throwbacks we wore against Pats would be perfect. The classic Dolphin logo with a more mean purposeful snarl, darker green and maybe just add a little gray or black accent to that throwback and it would be perfect. And no doubt the players would feel better wearing it. The current uniforms are terribly soft.
reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George changed the Yankees uni from Poly to Cotton

Still waiting for a Dolphins version of....

usa_today_10392657.jpg

Need to wear the all aquas at home more, especially for night games. It also looks like we've done away with the all whites for whatever reason. A few years ago it seems like we wore them home and away. Now, not at all.

There's no school like the old school throw back uni's.

Really like those a lot.

I think if Miami could combine their new logo with the old color (deeper aqua) that would be a nice uniform. I do like that the current unis have de-emphasized the orange.

You should have stopped there. Gray is horrendous. Black uniforms are worse than horrendous.

Actually black uniforms are nothing but an accommodation to fear. The high school and college aged kids are obsessed with black cars and clothes, etc. so many college teams think they have to conform and use black in the color scheme. The weakling Canes will be wearing black in the Orange Bowl against Wisconsin.

Meanwhile the premier programs trot out their classic uniforms with no second thought or devotion to fear.

Decades ago the designers applied very simple concepts. They were gorgeous, and remain gorgeous. Dark bold colors and simple easily identifiable logos, many of which can be sketched within seconds. Then somehow the league allowed too much thought into the process, which is the path toward ruination. Those '60s guys looked at the natural curve of a helmet and designed a logo that fit. You've really got to go out of your way in tortured fashion to even consider a logo curving against the helmet, let alone to actually voice it, and somehow have nobody laugh it out of the room.

But then again, this is the Gator Day franchise, and both decisions within the same time frame. Collective tilt.

Fortunately several of the teams have wised up and reverted toward their classic heritage...Jets, Bills and now the Rams. It's so satisfying to see the Rams actually look like the Rams again, and while playing in the Coliseum...if only temporarily.

I hope the Dolphins get the hint.

I do like a lot of the classic uniforms. But there are teams that benefited greatly by a new design. Tampa Bay immediately comes to mind. New England as well. Both those teams went from bottom rung to top 10 at least iMHO. I also like the Broncos new uniforms much better than the old ones.

I'm still a big fan of Miami's classic uniforms, but I do like the new logo and de-emphasizing the orange. The new helmet and striping are nice improvements. I hate the color splash uniforms, but those are pretty bad league-wide.

Where did that unlike go, I must not be able to see it as I am blind now.

Every time this gets brought up, the overwhelming majority of fans say "Bring back the throwbacks full time!"

Even the team is aware of it at this point. Tom Garfinkel has given everyone a wink and a nod every time we scream at him about it. Will we actually return to the throwbacks full time? I don't know. But I hope that fan satisfaction trumps decision-maker ego here for once.

And I don't even hate the new uniforms. They're just not as good as the classics.

I do like a lot of the classic uniforms. But there are teams that benefited greatly by a new design. Tampa Bay immediately comes to mind. New England as well. Both those teams went from bottom rung to top 10 at least iMHO. I also like the Broncos new uniforms much better than the old ones.

I'm still a big fan of Miami's classic uniforms, but I do like the new logo and de-emphasizing the orange. The new helmet and striping are nice improvements. I hate the color splash uniforms, but those are pretty bad league-wide.

.... you are talking about the first Bucs uniform change, from the creamsicles to pewter and red, right? You are NOT talking about the current ATROCIOUS rags the Bucs are wearing, right?

.... you are talking about the first Bucs uniform change, from the creamsicles to pewter and red, right? You are NOT talking about the current ATROCIOUS rags the Bucs are wearing, right?

Exactly. I don't know why they made the last change, although that is still better than the original 1976 version.

Back
Top Bottom