Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms

Like I said, people will deny it. If this team won back to back Super Bowls there wouldn't be threads like this. Period. There would be threads about how the team can attempt to win a third straight Super Bowl. Or how much money out starting quarterback deserves. Or a whole plethora of threads that revolve around a winning culture. Uniform threads only have a ton of steam if your team has nothing else going for it.
I disagree. Again, we are discussing uniforms. Why is it that in every uniform thread someone says “I don’t care if we wear pink uniforms as long as we win?” Our current uniforms are trash whether we are undefeated or not. Stick to the subject my friends.

I disagree. Again, we are discussing uniforms. The discussion is still about the uniforms. Why is it that in every uniform thread someone says “I don’t care if we wear pink uniforms as long as we win?” Our current uniforms are trash whether we are undefeated or not. Stick to the subject my friends.
Don't tell me what is on or off topic. The discussion is still about the uniforms.

The fact of the matter is the uniforms only suck in people's eyes because they have NOTHING else to cheer for. It really doesn't matter what the team wears so long as they are winning. The reason why everyone here wants to see the throwbacks all the time is because that is when the team was winning all the time. It represents a time when Miami was dominant. Ask a Patriots fan if they want to go back to their old uniform. A time when they barely won anything. Chances are you won't find many. Samething with Denver. Sure they like their throwbacks but they also represent a time when they lost 4 Super Bowls. I know, I live here and hear it all the time. They prefer the new uniforms because they actually won in them, even if they dislike them. I mean as a fan do you really want to be walking around saying, "Damn they lost AGAIN. But it's OK. They have killer uniforms." No. That is just asinine statement.

There is nothing wrong with Miami's uniforms especially from a design standpoint point. I know I am a graphic designer by trade. Even if this not fashion design I have still studied design and art. They are minimal and the logo is ideal for all meidums. And I'll be fair even though I understand it that doesn't mean there could be improvements. Improvements that don't mean using the throwbacks 100% of the time.

I love the throwbacks but I also feel the current uniforms could benefit from just a few tweaks. I think just tone down the powderpuff shade of teal to the darker aqua of the throwbacks and maybe color the face mask. Some added stripes for accent wouldn’t hurt either.

Here’s a bad mock-up I did that tweaks the current design. I don’t have the stripes in there but the darker color and face mask do make a difference, in my opinion.

5BB7A3AE-F939-4DE6-9B90-51CF3D46BEB0.jpeg

Need to ditch the powder puff blue looking crap we have and get a darker aqua color- maybe a greenish type mix and get gray facemasks and incorporate gray into our uniform a bit.

The teams head people should know that a lot more fans want the throwback look than the current look.

I think at this point they are aware. The question is whether or not they actually have the cojones to go out and do it, just five years after coming up with an entirely new design.

Even if Mike Dee is gone, plenty of other guys who were involved in the process are still there, and it's going to be dumping egg all over all of their faces -- including the owner's -- to do it.

It's likely that the team has done all sorts of marketing research to figure out if fans really do prefer the throwbacks, and that will probably drive the decision-making here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom