Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sportsdrop new Dolphins uniforms

Hopefully back to this...

maxresdefault.jpg
Great, so it's going to take them another 8 months to change the logo and the uniforms to another solid blue and white color. It was pathetic how long it took them to come up with the "new" uniforms 5 or so years ago. It should have taken them a week considering how plain everything turned out

I'd like to point out, and I know half of you will deny it, but if this team had a winning culture; none of you would care about the uniform. Oh sure you might pine for the good 'ol days but if Miami was constantly in the playoffs and had at least another Super Bowl win no one would care about the logo or the uniform. Because in the end its the wins that count. These ****ers could be playing buck naked and so long as they actually win on a regular basis no one would care.

Real dolphins are gray colored so it would be nice if we had some gray incorporated into our uniform.
Really? So what is the color of a Raider? A Buccaneer? A Lion? What about a Bronco? Do Vikings wear yellow and purple? Last I checked a Cowboy wasn't a star. You get my point here? Just because the team uses a dolphin as it's logo does not mean it has to be a literal representation of the animal.

I do like a lot of the classic uniforms. But there are teams that benefited greatly by a new design. Tampa Bay immediately comes to mind. New England as well. Both those teams went from bottom rung to top 10 at least iMHO. I also like the Broncos new uniforms much better than the old ones.

I'm still a big fan of Miami's classic uniforms, but I do like the new logo and de-emphasizing the orange. The new helmet and striping are nice improvements. I hate the color splash uniforms, but those are pretty bad league-wide.
I agree with everything you said about Miami's uniform except the part about taking away the orange. It needs more orange. Doesn't have to be a huge amount but that blue next to the aqua does not look good. Orange and aqua are complimentary colors and that is why they work so well together.

I wanna see some argyle on a fins uni. Maybe instead of the stripes on the legs? Maybe an argyle helmet design. Argyle numbers? Need more argyle!

I ike the old units as much as anybody but I think it is mainly due to the success we had. I'll take a modern design that pays homage to the unis of success with a flare for the 21st century. Let's be honest, if we're sporting the 83 units in 2018 we would look a bit ridiculous. Success and units don't go hand in hand but i like the nostalgia aspect of incorporating new with old. side note, remember those awful Bucs orange units? UGH!

I ike the old units as much as anybody but I think it is mainly due to the success we had. I'll take a modern design that pays homage to the unis of success with a flare for the 21st century. Let's be honest, if we're sporting the 83 units in 2018 we would look a bit ridiculous. Success and units don't go hand in hand but i like the nostalgia aspect of incorporating new with old. side note, remember those awful Bucs orange units? UGH!
No! The throwbacks are clearly better looking uniforms. This has nothing to do with success. This has everything to do with how our uniforms look. Also, even if we won back to back Super Bowls I still care how we look and I would still prefer the throwbacks. Uniforms and how we play have nothing to do with each other. This thread is about uniforms and I prefer the throwbacks

to each his own, that's why we are humans...to be able to have our own likes and dislikes. They could wear burlap bags (the ones I use for my head when I watch us play) and if they win a S'Bowl I'll be happy ;)

The new color is depressing! I can't stand the new shade of aqua! I was like WTF??? is my moniter screen broken or what? It just looks way too blue and soft. I REALLY HATE IT!! I won't buy anything accept the classic Dolphins logo from 60's, 70's & 80's... It gets worse each time they change it. Why mess with a perfect thing? the throwback uniform says it all, this is the Miami Dolphins I remember growing up with! How can they keep messing these simple things up?!?! I also have grown to dislike the Blue accents in the uniform, it just gets in the way, it doesn't need it! Aqua & Orange is all it needs.

No! The throwbacks are clearly better looking uniforms. This has nothing to do with success. This has everything to do with how our uniforms look. Also, even if we won back to back Super Bowls I still care how we look and I would still prefer the throwbacks. Uniforms and how we play have nothing to do with each other. This thread is about uniforms and I prefer the throwbacks

I agree 100%. That Patriots game was so satisfying because of how we played and how we looked. Last week against Buffalo as soon as I saw the uniforms I instantly didn't care as much. But I've been looking at ticket prices to the home finale because we'll be wearing the good stuff again.

Maybe not many people feel that way but I do. Likewise with the Canes. I have season tickets and attended the Notre Dame game. Yeah, that was great and I was slapping hands with nearby fans but it always felt less enjoyable because we were in the black uniforms instead of either the heritage green or heritage orange. A clear-thinking confident program like Alabama would have trotted out there in the classic uniforms. No fear allowed.

I was sampling ticket prices for the Orange Bowl until reading on a Canes forum that we'll be wearing those black uniforms again. Instantly I stopped looking at tickets. I wouldn't care if the price were cut by 2/3. I'll watch on television. And it won't mean as much if we win.

BTW, I liked the Buccaneers uniforms and that logo was awesome. But when you start out 0-26, or whatever it was, I always understood the desire to change.

The Patriots old logo was superior to Elvis. But simply too big. The center needed to be perhaps 1/2 as large. Maybe the blue is an improvement over the red.

Denver classic was so well received it earned the Orange Crush nickname. I thought that change was awful but when some people I knew in Las Vegas actually preferred it I understood where we were headed...

Like I said, people will deny it. If this team won back to back Super Bowls there wouldn't be threads like this. Period. There would be threads about how the team can attempt to win a third straight Super Bowl. Or how much money out starting quarterback deserves. Or a whole plethora of threads that revolve around a winning culture. Uniform threads only have a ton of steam if your team has nothing else going for it.

Back
Top Bottom