Stadium (Marlins) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium (Marlins)

I know gregg was traded to the cubs, and you're right that trade was fantastic. But i also like the Willingham/Olsen trade to. IMO, that was a good trade as well.

Meh, I think they could have done better. Plus I'm not sold on Miller being ready for the big leagues or Anibal staying healthy.

It doesn't matter to me whether the Marlins get a new stadium for fans not to show up at. What I think is BS is that they want fans to go yet they don't invest anything in the team. Signing Ramirez was a good step. The Marlins aren't a bad team. Though the Mets, Phillies, and the Braves to some extent atleast try to put a winning team on the field. The Marlins don't. Yet they seem to win.

Alright guy,
We have made poor trades this offseason the willingham/olsen trade was terrible it brought nothing we need except a combined salary of 1 mil. i agree willingham isn't that good, but olsen was a inconsistant talented pitcher, i guess the market wasn't very good for him, regardless a trade ONLY to releive cap space...

and i switched the names around... whoops... ill admit fault there

the mike jacobs trade wasn't very good, leo nunez has pitched 3 seasons lowering his era in each one, but he went 7-6-4 in those years.. it was a big name for a no name... IMO, i know jacobs was a poor defensive 1B, so im glad that part's gone, Dallas McPherson is tight, but cantu will probably move to 1st...

favorite's to win the division? HAHAHAHAH we're projected last.
the nationals ripped us off in that trade, and have added free agents and looking to spend much more. the PHillies just won the world series and we are projected to win the division? your stupid as hell... mets spend tons and have way more talent, with a bunch of retarded rich men that cnt run a baseball franchise, they will lead the division most the year, and the marlins, 4 games behind the WC will beat the mets on their last 3 games, keeping them out of the playoffs for the 3rd straight year... I hope MLB keeps that rivalry going....

and finally, about the twins, my father taught randy bush a twin 3B, in Miami-Dade schools, he's a family friend that introduced me to Kirby Puckett, Charlie Hough (if you remember opening day at all) and others.. i was a twin fan until 1993, when the marlins opened 10 minutes from my house... and i've been a big fan since, the best i can, go to many games, yeah i'm one of the 5000 there....
i went to games in both World series, and i've been flown up to minnesota to watch the twins play the blue jays, for free....

so i still got some love for the twins, that franchise was my team back in the 80's...

so don't question my fanhood please, the trades we made have improved our pitching, but diminished our roster and batting order... these new guys will just have to prove me something

and i know the trades dont directly correlate to the stadium delay, the question was more in rhetoric..

retort?

Oh man, so much wrong with this post where do i start? Ok here it goes:

The willingham/Olsen trade was NOT a terrible trade. again, Willingham's back is terrible, and could keep him out of baseball for good. And Olsen is an average at best pitcher. We already have his spots filled out with Miller and Sanchez. Plus, we got Much better defensively with Bonafacio playing.

Mike Jacobs was the worst first baseman in the league. He swings for it all, has the worst plate discipline ever, and has the worst defensive in the league. Just getting rid of him is a good thing. Its addition by subtraction. And we got a YOUNG and cheap Relief pitcher with tons of potential. Potential that he showed last year.

Do you know who peter Gammons is? The Old man who has the most common sense on the show called baseball tonight? Yea, him. Ask him who he favors in the NL east. He'll tell you the Marlins.

Your the idiot who thinks the Marlins are favored in being last. The Nationals did not rip us off in that trade, and they will be coming last because they blow. The Braves will not come close to touching us.
The Mets will spend and spend to go no where because they dont have the pitching the marlins have or the bullpen. The Phillies are going to be the only challenge to us. But even they got worse with the loss of Pat Burell.

I didnt meant to question your fan hood. Im just saying i dont know how People can root for more than one team. Just doesnt make sense to me.

Meh, I think they could have done better. Plus I'm not sold on Miller being ready for the big leagues or Anibal staying healthy.

They couldnt have, because if their was a chance to get better players we would have gotten better players. And i hope you dont think Miller is not ready based off of last year.

Oh man, so much wrong with this post where do i start? Ok here it goes:

The willingham/Olsen trade was NOT a terrible trade. again, Willingham's back is terrible, and could keep him out of baseball for good. And Olsen is an average at best pitcher. We already have his spots filled out with Miller and Sanchez. Plus, we got Much better defensively with Bonafacio playing.

Mike Jacobs was the worst first baseman in the league. He swings for it all, has the worst plate discipline ever, and has the worst defensive in the league. Just getting rid of him is a good thing. Its addition by subtraction. And we got a YOUNG and cheap Relief pitcher with tons of potential. Potential that he showed last year.

Do you know who peter Gammons is? The Old man who has the most common sense on the show called baseball tonight? Yea, him. Ask him who he favors in the NL east. He'll tell you the Marlins.

Your the idiot who thinks the Marlins are favored in being last. The Nationals did not rip us off in that trade, and they will be coming last because they blow. The Braves will not come close to touching us.
The Mets will spend and spend to go no where because they dont have the pitching the marlins have or the bullpen. The Phillies are going to be the only challenge to us. But even they got worse with the loss of Pat Burell.

I didnt meant to question your fan hood. Im just saying i dont know how People can root for more than one team. Just doesnt make sense to me.

The Phillies were just the best team in baseball. I'm sure alot of moves will be made inside the NL East. I disagree that Boston Gammons has the most common sense on ESPN. John Kruk seems to speak to the "common fan." Though IMO, Buster Olney is hte smartest guy baseball wise.

The favorites in November mean absolutely nothing. Omar Minaya better get the Mets to the postseason or he should be fired. Atlanta fell apart last year but if they can add an ace like Peavy they can move up. Really the only team that i'd say has "no chance," is Washington.

They couldnt have, because if their was a chance to get better players we would have gotten better players. And i hope you dont think Miller is not ready based off of last year.

Texas had shown interest in Olsen and names mentioned in a possible trade were Saltalamacchia and Teagarden. Even if those were just rumors, I'm pretty sure they could have gotten "something" for Olsen but they got nothing. And I don't know if Miller will be ready or not, I'm just saying he might not be.

Texas had shown interest in Olsen and names mentioned in a possible trade were Saltalamacchia and Teagarden. Even if those were just rumors, I'm pretty sure they could have gotten "something" for Olsen but they got nothing. And I don't know if Miller will be ready or not, I'm just saying he might not be.

If we could have gotten them, we would have gotten them. Bottom line is, we couldnt get anything great for Olsen/Wilingham. But im still happy with the trade we made.

The Phillies were just the best team in baseball. I'm sure alot of moves will be made inside the NL East. I disagree that Boston Gammons has the most common sense on ESPN. John Kruk seems to speak to the "common fan." Though IMO, Buster Olney is hte smartest guy baseball wise.

The favorites in November mean absolutely nothing. Omar Minaya better get the Mets to the postseason or he should be fired. Atlanta fell apart last year but if they can add an ace like Peavy they can move up. Really the only team that i'd say has "no chance," is Washington.

Yea, they won the Championship. But their losing valuable players like Burrell, and their pitching right now is not as good as the Marlins pitching. Right now, we arguably have a top 5 rotation.

I dont care what Omar Minaya does, because no way will he get enough pitchers to have a rotation as deep as ours. Its all about pitching, which is why i think we are the favorites to win the division.

BTW, peter gammons is hands down the best sports writer out there. Just read his articles.

LOL @ the Marlins being a great team.

Good pitching, but outside of great years from Cantu, Uggla, and Ramirez, not great offense.

With their new stadium, will they be 2nd to last in attendance instead of last?

Miller hasn't shown anything to prove to me that he's going to have a great year this year. He was atrocious last season.

LOL @ the Marlins being a great team.

Good pitching, but outside of great years from Cantu, Uggla, and Ramirez, not great offense.

With their new stadium, will they be 2nd to last in attendance instead of last?

Stop acting like a Jets fan. ;)

Back
Top Bottom