Stadium (Marlins) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium (Marlins)

Stop acting like a Jets fan. ;)

Ramirez is the only real legit superstar on that team. Uggla is hot and cold, not that I'd mind getting him on my team.

Uggla, Ramirez and Cantu are the only good players on offense. Maybin may be in time, but not at the moment, and I like what potential McPherson has.

The rest of the offense....not so much.

Nolasco and Sanchez are legit, Volstand isn't half bad, and Josh Johnson is a question mark.

Who's going to close for them?

Ramirez is the only real legit superstar on that team. Uggla is hot and cold, not that I'd mind getting him on my team.

Uggla, Ramirez and Cantu are the only good players on offense. Maybin may be in time, but not at the moment, and I like what potential McPherson has.

The rest of the offense....not so much.

Nolasco and Sanchez are legit, Volstand isn't half bad, and Josh Johnson is a question mark.

Who's going to close for them?

My previous post was made in reference to what you said about the attendance. But anyway, the Marlins offense isn't "great", but it certainly isn't bad and it shouldn't envy the world champion Phillies' offense, either. They have power up and down the lineup and were 2nd or 3rd in homers in the National League while playing in a giant football stadium as opposed to the tiny shoe box the Phillies play in. The Marlins' main problem is the bullpen and the stupid mental errors they commit on defense. The bullpen situation has been addressed with the trades of Jacobs, Gregg, and Olsen. Kevin Gregg taking his league leading 9 blown saves to the Cubs should alone net the fish at least 6 or 7 more wins next season. The closer spot will be an open competition in spring training, but I'm pretty sure Matt Lindstrom will start the season as a closer.

That's right...they did have alot of guys with 30 HRs this year didn't they?

I just don't see the point of building a stadium for a team that has games no one shows up to. I know the old "Build it and they will come" argument..but the team has won 2 WS's in the last 11 years..and no one comes out to the games.

Are there alot of Marlins fans in So Fla? I remember being around when they were in their last WS run, and it didn't seem like a lot of people were that excited.

That's right...they did have alot of guys with 30 HRs this year didn't they?

I just don't see the point of building a stadium for a team that has games no one shows up to. I know the old "Build it and they will come" argument..but the team has won 2 WS's in the last 11 years..and no one comes out to the games.

Are there alot of Marlins fans in So Fla? I remember being around when they were in their last WS run, and it didn't seem like a lot of people were that excited.

Their TV ratings rank 7th in the majors so there's plenty of Marlin fans here. I firmly believe that once they have a stadium that isn't located in the middle of nowhere with a roof that will eliminate rain delays and frying summer heat,their attendance will be fine.

Their TV ratings rank 7th in the majors so there's plenty of Marlin fans here. I firmly believe that once they have a stadium that isn't located in the middle of nowhere with a roof that will eliminate rain delays and frying summer heat,their attendance will be fine.

The heat in South Florida during the Summer is damn near unbearable. Reminds me of Beirut.

:lol:

Are you saying Baseball wouldn't work in Beirut either!?

I don't think they play it over there.

If they did, seeing as it's an American sport, and given their propensity to be just like Americans, then I think they'd probably get more than the Marlins get to their games, hot weather be damned.

When the Marlins finally build their stadium, they'll undoubtedly have to raise ticket prices to pay off said stadium, or at least that will be their excuse. So you'll still have crappy attendance, only the excuse will be "high ticket prices" instead of "hot weather."

LOL @ the Marlins being a great team.

Good pitching, but outside of great years from Cantu, Uggla, and Ramirez, not great offense.

With their new stadium, will they be 2nd to last in attendance instead of last?

WHat? Great Pitching leads teams to the playoffs. And Cantu, Ramirez, And uggla is a good enough offense to get you into the playoffs.

You sound like one of those Marlins haters.

How do you know? Do you work in the Marlins front office?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Common sense, genius. You take the best offer. Obviously, this was the best offer. If We were able to get something better we would have, but unforunately we couldnt.

Nice to see you're starting up with the personal attacks again TGJ.

What's to hate about the Marlins? Their bad attendance? Their inability to keep good players around? They're just a bad example of an MLB Team, like the Expos.

Is Cantu going to have another great year? Uggla fell off towards the end. If they were good enough to get them to the playoffs, then how come I didn't see the Marlins playing in October? They finished like 3rd?

The Marlins just wanted to get rid of payroll with their trade of Olsen, etc., and it showed. Bad trade. Gregg trade wasn't bad, but the Olsen trade was terrible. You seem to speak in absolutes that "it was the best deal on the table"...but were you in the Marlins' War Room? Do you have insider knowledge of the trades? They got jobbed. Beinfest may be a decent GM, but it happens to the best of them. Just like Billy Beane got jobbed in the Harden trade. Doesn't mean you have to blindy support it though.

Yea, they won the Championship. But their losing valuable players like Burrell, and their pitching right now is not as good as the Marlins pitching. Right now, we arguably have a top 5 rotation.

I dont care what Omar Minaya does, because no way will he get enough pitchers to have a rotation as deep as ours. Its all about pitching, which is why i think we are the favorites to win the division.

BTW, peter gammons is hands down the best sports writer out there. Just read his articles.

It's hard to compare pitching. Cole Hamels is a legitimate ace. Phillie also plays in a tiny ballpark. Alot of moves to be made this offseason. After that is sorted out I think then teams can be annointed favorites.

The Phillies will be contenders for at least the next five years. As their core players Utley, Rollins and Howard remain with the team. Cole Hamels should be an excellent pitcher for years to come. They may not win the World Series next year, but they should be right in the mix for the division title, and certainly the NL Wildcard.

Nice to see you're starting up with the personal attacks again TGJ.

What's to hate about the Marlins? Their bad attendance? Their inability to keep good players around? They're just a bad example of an MLB Team, like the Expos.

Is Cantu going to have another great year? Uggla fell off towards the end. If they were good enough to get them to the playoffs, then how come I didn't see the Marlins playing in October? They finished like 3rd?

The Marlins just wanted to get rid of payroll with their trade of Olsen, etc., and it showed. Bad trade. Gregg trade wasn't bad, but the Olsen trade was terrible. You seem to speak in absolutes that "it was the best deal on the table"...but were you in the Marlins' War Room? Do you have insider knowledge of the trades? They got jobbed. Beinfest may be a decent GM, but it happens to the best of them. Just like Billy Beane got jobbed in the Harden trade. Doesn't mean you have to blindy support it though.

If i offended you im sorry, but i dont see anything offensive that ive written.

If you hate the marlins because of those reason dont blame it on the organization. What we need is a stadium to boost up attendance, which will boost up our payroll, thus keeping our star players. Thankfully, we beat our Braman last week so our stadium looks good to go. BTW, we signed Hanley to an extension.

The Marlins didnt make it to the playoffs, but you cant tell me its not because of our injuries. 2 of our 5 starters were injured, and Nolasco was rusty for the first two months. Next year, we will hopefully have a healthy rotation. A rotation that could be one of the best in the NL.

I do realize that the olsen trade was a salary dump trade, but IMO we couldnt have gotten anything better. I know beinfest would get something better if he could have. He just couldnt.

It's hard to compare pitching. Cole Hamels is a legitimate ace. Phillie also plays in a tiny ballpark. Alot of moves to be made this offseason. After that is sorted out I think then teams can be annointed favorites.

Sure their ace is better than our ace, but what about their number 2 3 4 and 5 starters compared to ours? IMO, we got them beat. And our bullpen is just as good as theirs.

If i offended you im sorry, but i dont see anything offensive that ive written.

If you hate the marlins because of those reason dont blame it on the organization. What we need is a stadium to boost up attendance, which will boost up our payroll, thus keeping our star players. Thankfully, we beat our Braman last week so our stadium looks good to go. BTW, we signed Hanley to an extension.

The Marlins didnt make it to the playoffs, but you cant tell me its not because of our injuries. 2 of our 5 starters were injured, and Nolasco was rusty for the first two months. Next year, we will hopefully have a healthy rotation. A rotation that could be one of the best in the NL.

I do realize that the olsen trade was a salary dump trade, but IMO we couldnt have gotten anything better. I know beinfest would get something better if he could have. He just couldnt.

If 2 WS Championships in 10 or so years can't bring in crowds, how can a new stadium? All it means is higher ticket prices, hence, another built in excuse as to why their attendance sucks.

Who said I ever hated the Marlins? They're about as benign a team as there is.

Back
Top Bottom