Stadium (Marlins) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium (Marlins)

If 2 WS Championships in 10 or so years can't bring in crowds, how can a new stadium? All it means is higher ticket prices, hence, another built in excuse as to why their attendance sucks.

Who said I ever hated the Marlins? They're about as benign a team as there is.

Location. And the new stadium will have a retractable roof which will keep out the rain in the stadium.

They're still going to have to raise ticket prices....and that alone may drive people away, like I said, another excuse.

They're still going to have to raise ticket prices....and that alone may drive people away, like I said, another excuse.

Ticket prices wont be a problem if the Marlins are winning. And right now our future looks bright.

SF built a new stadium. Ticket prices shot through the roof.

You've won 2 WS in 11 years....isn't that enough winning? And you're still last in attendance the last 3-4 years running.

You've won 2 WS in 11 years....isn't that enough winning? And you're still last in attendance the last 3-4 years running.

As i said, Location and rain are problems. When we move to our new stadium, that would be fixed. And if we're winning, which looks possible because our future is very bright, ticket prices will not be a problem.

I think Florida is just not a good professional baseball state. Tampa Bay which had a great year was still 26th in attendance. Tampa Bay and the Marlins have been at the bottom or near the bottom every year.

That's right...they did have alot of guys with 30 HRs this year didn't they?

I just don't see the point of building a stadium for a team that has games no one shows up to. I know the old "Build it and they will come" argument..but the team has won 2 WS's in the last 11 years..and no one comes out to the games.

Are there alot of Marlins fans in So Fla? I remember being around when they were in their last WS run, and it didn't seem like a lot of people were that excited.

:chuckle:
All that I care about is that the stadium gets built so that they can get the hell outta' Dolphin Stadium.

As i said, Location and rain are problems. When we move to our new stadium, that would be fixed. And if we're winning, which looks possible because our future is very bright, ticket prices will not be a problem.

Take a team like the A's. They're competitive year in and year out, except for the wheels falling off last year.

Ticket prices are affordable, it's easy to get to the stadium, and the Mausoleum isn't that bad of a place to watch a game.

Still, no one goes. They're good, it's a nice location, easy to get to, etc, but no one goes.

how many games have you gone too? its people like you makeing tons of excuses is the problem i dont know marlins fans are so stuck if their team spends money then they will go the past two years we have been in playoff runs and still people dont show. You guys want them to spend money so they win but if their winning anyways whats the excuse

Oh man, so much wrong with this post where do i start? Ok here it goes:

The willingham/Olsen trade was NOT a terrible trade. again, Willingham's back is terrible, and could keep him out of baseball for good. And Olsen is an average at best pitcher. We already have his spots filled out with Miller and Sanchez. Plus, we got Much better defensively with Bonafacio playing.

Mike Jacobs was the worst first baseman in the league. He swings for it all, has the worst plate discipline ever, and has the worst defensive in the league. Just getting rid of him is a good thing. Its addition by subtraction. And we got a YOUNG and cheap Relief pitcher with tons of potential. Potential that he showed last year.

Do you know who peter Gammons is? The Old man who has the most common sense on the show called baseball tonight? Yea, him. Ask him who he favors in the NL east. He'll tell you the Marlins.

Your the idiot who thinks the Marlins are favored in being last. The Nationals did not rip us off in that trade, and they will be coming last because they blow. The Braves will not come close to touching us.
The Mets will spend and spend to go no where because they dont have the pitching the marlins have or the bullpen. The Phillies are going to be the only challenge to us. But even they got worse with the loss of Pat Burell.

I didnt meant to question your fan hood. Im just saying i dont know how People can root for more than one team. Just doesnt make sense to me.

Yet the Marlins contended almost all season with these guys you consider ****ty.

Why would the Nationals trade for a guy who's "back will keep him out of baseball for good"? And don't tell me it's because they suck, that's idiotic.

Yet the Marlins contended almost all season with these guys you consider ****ty.

Why would the Nationals trade for a guy who's "back will keep him out of baseball for good"? And don't tell me it's because they suck, that's idiotic.

Jacobs and his terrible OBP had to go, Willingham is good when healthy but his back problems have become chronic, and Olsen was decent but also replaceable. I wish they would have gotten a better return for Olsen and Willingham but I guess you can't win every trade.

how many games have you gone too? its people like you makeing tons of excuses is the problem i dont know marlins fans are so stuck if their team spends money then they will go the past two years we have been in playoff runs and still people dont show. You guys want them to spend money so they win but if their winning anyways whats the excuse

He's a Dodgers fan...

We contended, but it was lucky. No way we do it again with a terrible pitching staff and streaky offense.

IDK, ask the nationals. But im tellin you right now, his back is terrible. And he refuses to take surgery, saying rest will cure it.

Back
Top Bottom