stafford or tebow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

stafford or tebow?

which will be better in the nfl?

• Total voters
It's a Money v.s. Time argument. Tebow's parents run an orphinage in the Philippines and most children would rather have time spent with them over money spent on them. The old '74 folk song Cats in the Cradle also comes to mind for me here.

Dude did you not see the contract Matt Ryan got this year? If Tebow was to declare next year fot the draft, he gets at least the same amount or more than likely more money than Ryan. Now to me he would be unbelieveably stupid not to take a contract like that.

He could do anything he wants with that money, he could even open up his own orphange. All he has to do is play football till he's 30, retire and then devote his life to helping needy children

Sure money is'nt everything, but its damn near close to it.

Dude did you not see the contract Matt Ryan got this year? If Tebow was to declare next year fot the draft, he gets at least the same amount or more than likely more money than Ryan. Now to me he would be unbelieveably stupid not to take a contract like that.

He could do anything he wants with that money, he could even open up his own orphange. All he has to do is play football till he's 30, retire and then devote his life to helping needy children

Sure money is'nt everything, but its damn near close to it.

First off Tebow would not be a top 5 pick. Although he is a phenomenal athlete, I don't believe his "QB" skills & mechanics would translate well to the NFL. That being said, he would not receive anywhere near the contract M. Ryan did. Also, you make it sound so easy to play football into your 30's. There are a plethora of players who won't even make it 2-3 years after being drafted, let alone 8-10.

??? Although of the subject, please explain how he would find more time for missionary/charity causes while participating in a full-time NFL program which only allows 3 months of off-season.

Part of this reason has been explained by other posters, that with an NFL salary he will be in a better position to donate cash, however....

As a public figure, he will be in the spotlight and be more able to raise awareness of the issues he supports via the newsmedia, advertisements, fundraisers, or endorsements.

He will be able to accomplish much more for the orphans if he becomes an NFL QB. Worst comes to worst, things dont work out for him in the NFL (which I HIGHLY doubt) and he does missionary work full time.

Think about it....

Do you really care which presidential candidate Oprah Winfrey endorses?

Do you think if she wasnt rich and famous that ANYONE would care?

Do you even think shes qualified to offer her opinions?

Lets face it, the more famous a person is, the more influence they have and the more they can accomplish for a certain cause.

If Tebow stays healthy and continues on to have a successful NFL career he can accomplish MUCH more for the Phillipino children than he will ever do by skipping the NFL and moving straight into full time missionary work.

As religous as Tebow and his family are, he knows that God gave him a gift, and he gave it to him for a reason. Tim Tebow isnt going to let it go to waste when he can use it to help a worthy cause.

At least thats my take on it.

pro - stafford

with the amount of money he can make in the NFL he can hire thousands of people to help and use his star status to shine light on injustice and get people to help so tebow will do more good by playing ball

Tebow will be harder to mold into the pro-game, but if it was done properly he could be very good. A stand up guy, who excells at everything he does, and is one of the most natural leaders i have ever seen. He has no baggage, and his skill set is one of a kind.

How is Tebow any different than Vince Young? So his skills may not translate into the NFL, but then why was he the best QB this past season? He has to be doing something right. For Vince Young and Michael Vick to go, why not Tebow?

well i REALLY doubt that we will draft ANOTHER first day QB but for the sake of argument, i would say stafford will have the better NFL career. the type of play tebow is, is REALLY HARD to project into the NFL

How is Tebow any different than Vince Young? So his skills may not translate into the NFL, but then why was he the best QB this past season? He has to be doing something right. For Vince Young and Michael Vick to go, why not Tebow?

college style football and pro style football is WAY different.

very, very few have what T. Tebow has....He is something special and it would be very suprising to me if he couldn't get it done in the NFL. He is a very intelligent football player. I hate when people watch him and say that he is one dimensional etc. The guy gets it done in many ways. He will learn to be a pro quarterback. He is just a special athlete and a fantastic leader.

He could donate MILLIONS and fund the charity for years and relieve the financial stress that goes along with missionary work. He could do more with his pocket than actually being there. Besides, how much time is he spending there now?

Last time I checked Tebow had the 2nd highest passer rating last year and was more accurate than Stafford. His down the field accuracy was incredible. He wasn't throwing short dumpy passes. Stafford is great as well. Tebow wasn't out running people with speed like Vick or Young either. He was used for short yardage situations simply because Florida didn't have a tough back who could hang on to the ball. I'm sure Florida didn't want to use him in that way and would've rather seen a RB get those carries. I think both will be debated for years to come. I think any team would be fine to have either of them personally.

Chad Henne

In all seriousness, I think if I had to take a QB, and I had a high pick...I'd probably go with Stafford. Tebow is a good athlete, but I don't think he'd ever amount to much as an NFL QB...probably a poor man's Alex Smith.

Stafford has the tools to be a great NFL QB, more of a pro-style offense QB.

So I'd take Stafford over Tebow.
There can't be such a thing as a poor man's Alex Smith...

Part of this reason has been explained by other posters, that with an NFL salary he will be in a better position to donate cash, however....

As a public figure, he will be in the spotlight and be more able to raise awareness of the issues he supports via the newsmedia, advertisements, fundraisers, or endorsements.

He will be able to accomplish much more for the orphans if he becomes an NFL QB. Worst comes to worst, things dont work out for him in the NFL (which I HIGHLY doubt) and he does missionary work full time.

Think about it....

Do you really care which presidential candidate Oprah Winfrey endorses?

Do you think if she wasnt rich and famous that ANYONE would care?

Do you even think shes qualified to offer her opinions?

Lets face it, the more famous a person is, the more influence they have and the more they can accomplish for a certain cause.

If Tebow stays healthy and continues on to have a successful NFL career he can accomplish MUCH more for the Phillipino children than he will ever do by skipping the NFL and moving straight into full time missionary work.

As religous as Tebow and his family are, he knows that God gave him a gift, and he gave it to him for a reason. Tim Tebow isnt going to let it go to waste when he can use it to help a worthy cause.

At least thats my take on it.

Thank you for your post & rebuttal. It's not many times that you get an intelligent response of someone's opposing opinion. I don't claim to be Tebow's sidekick, nor do we hang out so to speak, but he is my neighbor and we have had discussions about football, life after football, etc., on numerous occasions. Your point is most certainly valid and should be an interesting topic next time we talk. Again, thanks.

People who don't watch Tebow play are the ones saying he just runs and will be a full back. He will be at UF for 4 years and then he will be going pro. He's got great arm strength, he's a hell of a leader, he has good accuracy on the deep ball, and he's extremely hard to bring down ( think Vince Young like )

If he keeps working on his passing game like he did last year, he'll be a hell of a passer. People just love to hate on Tim Tebow. Alex Smith was a #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, and Tebow is already a better prospect than he was.

He could donate MILLIONS and fund the charity for years and relieve the financial stress that goes along with missionary work. He could do more with his pocket than actually being there. Besides, how much time is he spending there now?

Quite a bit actually. He has been out of town since mid April, a couple of days after Florida's orange & blue spring game, & is not expected back until late July b/c the Gators begin their fall practice on Aug. 5th.

Back
Top Bottom