stafford or tebow? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

stafford or tebow?

which will be better in the nfl?

• Total voters
Chad Henne

In all seriousness, I think if I had to take a QB, and I had a high pick...I'd probably go with Stafford. Tebow is a good athlete, but I don't think he'd ever amount to much as an NFL QB...probably a poor man's Alex Smith.

Stafford has the tools to be a great NFL QB, more of a pro-style offense QB.

So I'd take Stafford over Tebow.

LOL tebow a poor mans alex smith, more like alex smith is a poor mans Tim Tebow. At Utah meyer couldnt recruit like he can at florida so he settled for the "alex smith's" of the world and developed them.

Tebow won't come out after his junior year and he will develop his game and will be nfl ready after his senior year. One thing you can take to the bank is tebow has probably the best offensive coaching staff in the nation including offensive coord/qb coach dan mullen who worked wonders for tebow in 1 offseason changing his throwing motion allowing him to have a much quicker release and be more accurate.

Tebow is not getting enough credit for his abilities by alot of people, sure he won't be able to run over nfl linebackers like he does in college but he is still a very strong guy with running ability and the guy can throw alot better than people give him credit for, hes got a great arm and his accuracy is good and this part of his game will develop as he goes along.

Thank you for your post & rebuttal. It's not many times that you get an intelligent response of someone's opposing opinion. I don't claim to be Tebow's sidekick, nor do we hang out so to speak, but he is my neighbor and we have had discussions about football, life after football, etc., on numerous occasions. Your point is most certainly valid and should be an interesting topic next time we talk. Again, thanks.

Any time friend:)

It isn't often that an athlete comes around that can be a role-model for young kids these days. At least one with his head screwed on straight.

My boys look up to him as he looked up to Danny Wuerffel. Perhaps I am being selfish in hoping he chooses the NFL (After finishing school of course:)), but I think he is exactly the kind of kid the NFL needs nowadays.

Lemme know what he thinks of it next time you meet:)

I see both QB's being successful in the NFL. Tebow reminds me ALOT of Kenny Stabler, great vision, strength, and scrambling ability. Stafford is a traditional pocket passer with a cannon hanging from his right shoulder. His weakness is his decision making but he will continue to mature under Richt's tutelage.

It's a Money v.s. Time argument. Tebow's parents run an orphinage in the Philippines and most children would rather have time spent with them over money spent on them. The old '74 folk song Cats in the Cradle also comes to mind for me here.
No, I'm pretty sure they would want medicine, shoes, regular healthy hot meals, books, education, etc, rather than sitting around and conversing with Tim Tebow. Unfortunately, those things can only be helped with money. His parents are there for the time and attention they may need and Tim will be there for the financing....sounds like a smart plan. JMHO.:up:

If Tebow goes pro you can guarantee the dude will probably give up 75% of his signing bonus to charity.

No, I'm pretty sure they would want medicine, shoes, regular healthy hot meals, books, education, etc, rather than sitting around and conversing with Tim Tebow. Unfortunately, those things can only be helped with money. His parents are there for the time and attention they may need and Tim will be there for the financing....sounds like a smart plan. JMHO.:up:

:sidelol:

my eyes actually watered reading that bit!!:lol:

Tebow or Stafford makes no difference the QB for next year is already on the team which one who knows

Way to be a smart ssa! I'm just saying, Tebow currently has other priorities after college besides the NFL and many institutions already give charitable contributions to their (him & his parents) causes.

Way to be a smart ssa! I'm just saying, Tebow currently has other priorities after college besides the NFL and many institutions already give charitable contributions to their (him & his parents) causes.

O.K...I bet those "charitable contributions" won't compare to what Tebow could do if drafted top 3 in the NFL draft. Even so, it would just be that much extra for them. With that they could really make some major accomplishments for their charities.:up:

Neither at this point. 1... We have 2 young qb's on the roster that based on where they were picked and projected, at least 1 should be able to step in and do a good job for us and possibly lead this team for some years to come. Also, unless a guy like Stafford shows he's a top flight prospect and a can't pass up on type QB, I don't think you can pick a QB in the top 5 of the draft anymore, Ryan got 6 years and 72 million dollars at pick 3 this year. The contract will cripple any team that gets another Alex Smith or Ryan Leaf.

Tebow doesn't really have a position. I don't think his arm is good enough to play QB. He's Big and Hits the hole hard but would he have a 2nd gear to bust into the secondary if he played RB? Can he catch the Ball? Can he tackle...maybe he can play LB? These are all important questions. He's a Big, Strong, Athlete.

Tebow doesn't really have a position. I don't think his arm is good enough to play QB. He's Big and Hits the hole hard but would he have a 2nd gear to bust into the secondary if he played RB? Can he catch the Ball? Can he tackle...maybe he can play LB? These are all important questions. He's a Big, Strong, Athlete.

He has the arm strength, and he's working on his mechanics. He's improved 200% since last year, and if he keeps improving, he will be NFL ready. To call him a running back or linebacker is absolutely ridiculous

Stafford. Only b/c Tebow will not pursue an NFL career. Seriously. Tim is my neighbor here in G-ville and he talks of doing missionary work along with his parents when he is done with his college education. He knows he will be walking away from a millions in the NFL, but $$$ doesn't fuel his desire. Actually, he even drives around a beater vehicle and a lil' scooter. He's a true stand up guy, a one of a kind character and I wish him the best, it just won't be on an NFL field.

I would love to watch him in the NFL, but Money doesn't mean anything if your not happy and doing what you feel you need to do.

Stafford is a Pro QB coached by a great coach who has coached good qb's before stafford. Tebow is a beefed up eric crouch with a stronger arm. highly doubt he will be a suscessfull QB at the next level. He won't be asked to play to his strengths (spread offense) in the NFL and if they do, He won't last agaisnt the speed and power of nfl defenders... He couldnt do it verse georgia this year(VERY FAST defense).

You also failed to mention he was playing injured that game! He's not a beefed up up Eric Crouch. If anything he is an Alex Smith 2.0!

??? Although of the subject, please explain how he would find more time for missionary/charity causes while participating in a full-time NFL program which only allows 3 months of off-season.

Why couldnt he pursue his missionary work after his football career was over? He would still be mid 30's if he had a long career, and then would have money that would make an actual difference. I dont think Tebows style will translate well to the NFL. The guy who called him a "beefed up Eric Crouch" hit it on the head IMO. The spread offense doesnt help his transition either. Great college qb, but I dont think it goes any farther than that.

Back
Top Bottom