stafford or tebow? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

stafford or tebow?

which will be better in the nfl?

• Total voters
Im down with a wager........but uhhh...how do we do it? Yeah we dawgs do get to smelling ourselves after a year of whooping on them gatorz. But this is a pretty good team we got this year. I truly think we can winthe national championship.

word. i have no idea either. i'll pm a mod and see how it works. you guys will be tough this year - it should be a good game. makes the landings at jacksonville that much more fun after it's over. the SEC is going to be downright ridiculous next year. more so than usual.

i'll figure out how the credits work and i'll get back to you.

are u serious? stafford's arm strength is what made him the number 1 rated QB coming out f HS. his arm strength is why mel kiper says he will go number 1 in the draft. have u ever even seen him play? he has one f the strongest, if not the strongest, arms in the country.

i haven't read anything on him, i was just going on what i saw of him playing last year. he didn't really air the ball out alot - and the ones he did weren't exactly pretty - so i just figured he didn't have crazy arm strength. i watched most of their games and didn't see it - but i will admit i could be wrong. tebow's arm strength is ridiculous - so if stafford has him beat kudos to him.

I understand that Tebow has a strong arm...but that won't overcome poor footwork. If you can't take the snap from under center and drop back smooth and on time...you're strong arm will never be on display in the NFL...

Akili Smith, Jim Druckenmiller, etc. could throw the ball a mile too...lol.

Coming from the spread isn't so much a knock as it is a fact that it doesn't translate well to the NFL....and until one actually does...you really don't have a case to argue other than he's Tim Tebow and he can throw the ball really far...

As for Stafford...lol...he has the strongest arm in college football. He throws a "heavy" ball because his throwing motion is superior to that of Tebow which allows him to get his thick legs involved in the throw.

You don't have to be athletic to play QB in the NFL, in fact, it only works against you because you tend to rely on that instead of being a pocket technician. You win with prototype pocket passers (Stafford) in the NFL...not scramblers (Tebow). Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe, etc. are some of the worst athletes to ever play in the NFL. How'd they turn out? Michael Vick is the best athlete maybe to ever put on shoulder pads, yet he was ranked DEAD LAST in the league every year of his career in passer rating from inside the pocket...Vince Young is as athletic as any player you'll see play QB in the NFL...to the tune of 9TD's and 15 INT's and even thought about retirement after his rookie season because the NFL is a world different than running the spread and only having to read the defensive end.

Teams are starting to learn that they have somewhat of a blueprint to follow now reguarding QB prospects because of past teams mistakes.

Rule #1? Stay away from system QB's in the 1st round...your odds are better drafting a lesser hyped QB from a program that ran a pro style offense. GM's will absolutely factor in the system(s) that the quarterbacks come from....they have to now.

Do you know why the Heisman is a curse for QB's? It isn't because of some mysterious voodoo....it's because the Heisman is all about stats and hype...and you have to be in a system that is designed to produce such gaudy stats. A system that doesn't translate to the next level...

his footwork is really good and just keeps improving.

i could be wrong on this. history isn't exactly on my side. but being a gator fan and alum, there is just no way i can say a bulldog qb that just has 'potential' at this point is going to be better than a sophomore gator heisman winner.

i will always stand behind players from the fins, gators x 2, celts, heels, and yanks. call me a homer if you want, but i think i defend myself pretty well.

go gators

Wow, been a while since I last checked this thread, lol.

Bob, save your breath bro, these guys are haters and will find any excuse to knock a Gator. Nothing you can say will change their mind.

Time will tell, and like you said, he's got another 2 years to develop.

P.S. Gotta love the dawg fans, give em a win once in a while and they think the road to the championship runs through Georgia. (I think they will be a little surprised when they see the Gators D this year, given that we lost, what? 9 starters to the draft last year?)

And btw, Tebow wont be running as much this year, Meyer wants to save the wear and tear on him.

Wow, been a while since I last checked this thread, lol.

Bob, save your breath bro, these guys are haters and will find any excuse to knock a Gator. Nothing you can say will change their mind.

Time will tell, and like you said, he's got another 2 years to develop.

P.S. Gotta love the dawg fans, give em a win once in a while and they think the road to the championship runs through Georgia. (I think they will be a little surprised when they see the Gators D this year, given that we lost, what? 9 starters to the draft last year?)

And btw, Tebow wont be running as much this year, Meyer wants to save the wear and tear on him.
im not a hater. im not a fan of Georgia or Florida. if you cant objectively look at what the spread has done to qb development (stunting it) then why try and have a logical discussion. just because you love the Gators and Tim Tebow isnt enough IMO. im sure Longhorn fans love Vince Young and Utah fans love Alex Smith. how did that work out?

What about tebow's mechanics don't you like?

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd chime in anyways. It's hard to compare anyone to Dan the man, but when you watch Dan's throwing motion his arm is always in an "L" position, elbow close to his side, tip of the ball pointing down field, and the release of the ball is near the ear. Tebow, on the other hand, has so much wasted movement in his throw.

Here's 3 pics to see just how bad it is:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics2.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics3.jpg

i could be wrong on this. history isn't exactly on my side. but being a gator fan and alum, there is just no way i can say a bulldog qb that just has 'potential' at this point is going to be better than a sophomore gator heisman winner.

i will always stand behind players from the fins, gators x 2, celts, heels, and yanks. call me a homer if you want, but i think i defend myself pretty well.

go gators

lol. not much of a front runner are you. j/k

why do people assume that because we don't think tebow will make it in the nfl at qb we're gator haters???

i just don't like the offensive system he comes from which suits his skill sets to the t and the run to contact for the pro game.

his game is contact. recipe for disaster in the pros.

lol. not much of a front runner are you. j/k

my teams are based on lpayers i liked growing up.

marino - fins

bird - celts

mattingly - yanks

gators - duh

heels - fox (i know he turned out to be a tool but i loved him in college)

go gators

You haven't seen his footwork from taking a snap under center, dropping back 3, 5, or 7 steps, hitching, etc...because that's not what the offense requires. Nobody will see him do that until he declares for the NFL draft and has workouts with NFL coaches.

Being a Tebow or Gator fan isn't a crime, (well...maybe a misdemeanor...lol J/K :)) so I'm not going to hold that against you. My opinion is objective...not subjective. Tebow is a wonderful player.

"Potential" is all any prospect coming out of college has, whether he has a Heisman trophy, (Eric Crouch, Danny Weurffel, Gino Toretta, Andre Ware, Troy Smith, Jason White, etc.) or whether nobody has ever even heard of you while you were in college (Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunnell, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Matt Hasselbeck, etc.)

There are no sure things in the NFL Draft...only percentages...which favor Stafford over Tebow as far as an NFL career is concerned.

All the Heismans in the world can't change that...

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd chime in anyways. It's hard to compare anyone to Dan the man, but when you watch Dan's throwing motion his arm is always in an "L" position, elbow close to his side, tip of the ball pointing down field, and the release of the ball is near the ear. Tebow, on the other hand, has so much wasted movement in his throw.

Here's 3 pics to see just how bad it is:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics2.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/LedCheffelin/Tebowsthrowingmechanics3.jpg

his delivery is funky, but has improved so much. noticeable improvement from freshman to sophomore year. gonna do nothing but get better. but you are right, much wasted movement.

Thanks to the guy who posted those pics of Tebows delivery. God awful. Dropping your elbow as a qb is never a good thing.

You haven't seen his footwork from taking a snap under center, dropping back 3, 5, or 7 steps, hitching, etc...because that's not what the offense requires. Nobody will see him do that until he declares for the NFL draft and has workouts with NFL coaches.

Being a Tebow or Gator fan isn't a crime, (well...maybe a misdemeanor...lol J/K :)) so I'm not going to hold that against you. My opinion is objective...not subjective. Tebow is a wonderful player.

"Potential" is all any prospect coming out of college has, whether he has a Heisman trophy, (Eric Crouch, Danny Weurffel, Gino Toretta, Andre Ware, Troy Smith, Jason White, etc.) or whether nobody has ever even heard of you while you were in college (Tony Romo, Jon Kitna, Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunnell, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Matt Hasselbeck, etc.)

There are no sure things in the NFL Draft...only percentages...which favor Stafford over Tebow as far as an NFL career is concerned.

All the Heismans in the world can't change that...

dude, i was referring to potential in college. he didn't exactly light the world on fire last year. he's gonna need to beef up those stats before we even start talking about potential in the nfl. tebow's already reached that point.

history isn't everything people. after next season this will be a real discussion.

dude, i was referring to potential in college. he didn't exactly light the world on fire last year. he's gonna need to beef up those stats before we even start talking about potential in the nfl. tebow's already reached that point.

history isn't everything people. after next season this will be a real discussion.

Stats will never determine who projects as the better pro...that's what you have to get out of your head...

How a prospects skillset PROJECTS to the next level is what determines who has the better pro potential...which is the question the originator of this thread asked...

The player with the best pro potential on the Gator offense is Percy Harvin.

History might not be everything...but it's 100X's more dependable than stats...lol.

Stats will never determine who projects as the better pro...that's what you have to get out of your head...

How a prospects skillset PROJECTS to the next level is what determines who has the better pro potential...which is the question the originator of this thread asked...

The player with the best pro potential on the Gator offense is Percy Harvin.

History might not be everything...but it's 100X's more dependable than stats...lol.

but stafford has to put up decent enough numbers in college - next year - for this to be an even somewhat relevant debate. he's just not there yet. he probably will be next year - but as of right now it is just like comparing any other qb in college football to tebow and who will have the most success in the nfl. next year.

Back
Top Bottom