Start of Free Agency - Player news thread. | Page 203 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start of Free Agency - Player news thread.

Just read that former Vikings TE, and former 2nd round pick, said that he had offers from the Bengals and Dolphins. He signed with the Bengals on a 1 year deal last week, I haven't seen the $$$$ detail yet, but I suspect it was an affordable deal. At least it shows the Dolphins were looking at dept TE options.

Just looked it up... his 1 year deal with the Bengals was for $1.7 million.

Last edited:
Just read that former Vikings TE, and former 1st round pick, said that he had offers from the Bengals and Dolphins. He signed with the Dolphins on a 1 year deal last week, I haven't seen the $$$$ detail yet, but I suspect it was an affordable deal. At least it shows the Dolphins were looking at dept TE options.
I think you mean he singed with the Bengals. If that is true and Miami had interest in Irv Smith, that dispels the idea that McDaniel isn’t looking for a receiving threat at the TE position.

I think you mean he singed with the Bengals. If that is true and Miami had interest in Irv Smith, that dispels the idea that McDaniel isn’t looking for a receiving threat at the TE position.
Thanks. Yes I meant he signed with the Bengals. He's a once highly regard recieving TE prospect whose had some injury issues and who hasn't reached his original potential.

IMO Irv Smith Jr is a decent blocker for a TE, about as good as he is a receiver. I see him as well-rounded. It's one of the reasons I was hoping we'd sign him.

IMO Irv Smith Jr is a decent blocker for a TE, about as good as he is a receiver. I see him as well-rounded. It's one of the reasons I was hoping we'd sign him.
Yeah. I really like him. I think there’s still meat on the bone with him.

I'd still like to them to kick the tires on Anthony Firkster. Could be had for about 1.5 mil - did well with Tanny in Tuxedo and in a similar offense as McD's. Could be the answer at TE. Not up on his blocking skills, etc. but my memory is good and I remember Firkster.

Also, my daughter swears I have "Mad Cow Disease" also know as 'bovine spongiform encephalopathy" Can't remember if she sez it or I said it to her...anyway, my memory is like a steel cage. Oh, now I remember what my daughter sez...She says "Dad, you have selective memory..." One thing I can remember for sure! "Daughter's are always right!"

Gotta run now, time for a big burger...rare.

Always liked Rowe when he was here, he made some solid plays for us. Kind of took a step back last year, but still, we were better with him out there.. Wish him the best!

Back
Top Bottom