Start picking an O line for 2022 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start picking an O line for 2022

The Dolphins need a new O Line. I would start with looking for a left tackle like Jordan Mailata. I would replace the entire Miami line if it were up to me. Get solid tackles for the left and right, and then build from there. Watching this O line wiff blocks, with poor form and technique, kills me every week. Who should Miami target for its O Line for 2022?
Start at the center, always start at the center.

Getting two good Ot in free agent would help this team out lots..than have rest of ol compete for starting position at og. i dont want see no rookie this yr playing on line...drafting rookie ol at 22 is development players.. you can used that pick on wr...

Agreed. Some could solely blame him for us missing the playoffs...if he didn't let the free rusher wreck Tua, we prolly would've won enough games to make the 7th seed.

It's a team sport, but Davis shouldn't be on a team.

I can't believe the calendar says 2022 and we are even having this discussion.

I have little doubt Jesse did everything right off the field and in the locker room to extend his career and fatten his bank account. I can't hate on him for that, so it's not personal.

But this is my favorite team and my QB(s) were talking about. I say QB's because Davis let us down when RT17 was the starter as well as TT1.

For all the trouble that Tennessee has had with their OT's, ACL tear for Lewan, Conklin leaving in FA, Isiah Wilson being.....Isiah Wilson. And they STILL have a much better OL than we do. And they didn't have Derrick Henry but were able to dominate us with an almost clone like replacement we could've easily signed ourselves.

The evaluators aren't good at evaluating, who works in the FO.

More important than picking new OL is picking new talent evaluators.

Who will want to work for Flores?.
Need a competent coach to evaluate the current players.
We need a couple of veteran players maybe Jensen the Bucs center and Sherff the WFT guard.
Big no to Brown the Pats R.T. injured more often than not and out of shape.
I would love us to finally fix the line but between Flores and Grier I doubt this happens for a few reasons.

I really like your post and I think you are dead on with these players. However in my opinion I would like the dolphins to go after Terron Armstead (tackle), Brandon Scheff (Guard) and finally Orlando Brown (tackle). I am not sure how the whole cap would be affected signing these guys...but it is a must we improve our offensive line. Anyone who is smart on the cap, can the dolphins afford these three players. If we cant afford all three then I hope we get two of the top five tackle free agents this off season.
I was looking at a site that projected free agent salaries. Armstead was projected at $20 million as the top tackle option.

To get those three free agent offensive linemen would probably be in the $50 million range, depending on how contracts were structured.

I have little doubt Jesse did everything right off the field and in the locker room to extend his career and fatten his bank account. I can't hate on him for that, so it's not personal.

But this is my favorite team and my QB(s) were talking about. I say QB's because Davis let us down when RT17 was the starter as well as TT1.

For all the trouble that Tennessee has had with their OT's, ACL tear for Lewan, Conklin leaving in FA, Isiah Wilson being.....Isiah Wilson. And they STILL have a much better OL than we do. And they didn't have Derrick Henry but were able to dominate us with an almost clone like replacement we could've easily signed ourselves.

I wonder if it would help to bring in some former players to help with offensive linemen evaluations? Richmond Webb, Dwight Stevenson, whoever is still alive on those great 70's lines etc.

Evaluating offensive linemen has been a problem for Miami seemingly for at least 20 years.

I was looking at a site that projected free agent salaries. Armstead was projected at $20 million as the top tackle option.

To get those three free agent offensive linemen would probably be in the $50 million range, depending on how contracts were structured.
This is borderline acceptable, though. Id prefer 30-40 mill on 2 of 3 of 2tackles and a center and draft the one you don't sign in free agency. Then the rest of the 20ish mill you have after resigning Ogbah goes to a WR(also draft another one). And either draft / sign a RB/ MLB

This is borderline acceptable, though. Id prefer 30-40 mill on 2 of 3 of 2tackles and a center and draft the one you don't sign in free agency. Then the rest of the 20ish mill you have after resigning Ogbah goes to a WR(also draft another one). And either draft / sign a RB/ MLB
Agree. Miami has a great opportunity with Tua on a rookie contract and with that kind of money to spend.

If Jesse Davis was my captain, I would've thrown myself off the plank years ago.

Jesse Davis will NEVER play another down for the Miami Dolphins.

He was part of the reason the previous staff failed, for him to still be here, just means the current staff is just as clueless.

They tried to upgrade the OL, I'll give them that, but they failed.

I still can't believe how many people tried to defend Davis's status on the roster. He's never been average.

The eye balls don't lie.

Who is Jesse Davis?

The Dolphins will always have a Jesse Davis let's be honest

Its beyond problematic. If by some miracle they could re-sign one of their FA's, Marcus Williams is more likely the one they'd try to keep.

At some point in February they will still calling teams with cap space asking who wants to buy a draft pick?

I want the OTHER Tackle in New Orleans. And their RB. And one of their two centers.

I can clear up their cap issues and give them some draft capitol to use on the inevitable rebuild.
Ryan Ramcyzk would make life awesome for Tua

One of those interior guys would be amazing too.

Would be awesome to get them but seems unlikely

Noticed you said decker wants out of Detroit- that’s intriguing

Back
Top Bottom