Start picking an O line for 2022 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start picking an O line for 2022

Teron Armstead
Laken Tomlinson
Linderbaum ( spelled wrong, but the kid from Iowa)

That's the start.

Hire the best o line coach available. I don't care. Poach one from a team. I don't care if it costs us picks lol.

Decide whether Hunt is our RT or our RG next year.

LT-Armstead
LG- Tomlinson
C- lyndebaum
RG- Hunt
RT???? Maybe Eichenberg

Honestly. We need 4 new lineman. Maybe 3 if you still wanna give Eich more time.

The key is deciding on Hunt. Where he plays determines whether you need 2 tackles or 2 guards.
I really like your post and I think you are dead on with these players. However in my opinion I would like the dolphins to go after Terron Armstead (tackle), Brandon Scheff (Guard) and finally Orlando Brown (tackle). I am not sure how the whole cap would be affected signing these guys...but it is a must we improve our offensive line. Anyone who is smart on the cap, can the dolphins afford these three players. If we cant afford all three then I hope we get two of the top five tackle free agents this off season.

Step 1. Hire a real offensive line coach and assistant. (There isn’t a salary cap on coaches.) spend the money and go get them. For assistants go get some former players who can teach!

Step 2. Fire and replace every single college scout that has been evaluating OL talent for the draft. Blame Grier all you want but it’s the scouts that are doing the evaluations ahead of the draft. Grier bares plenty of blame but my point is that he isn’t the only one.

Step 3. Sign at least 2 solid veteran offensive lineman. I don’t care if they are over 30 and getting long in the tooth. This line got to young to fast. Combine incompetent position coaching with a lack of experienced veteran leadership/mentorship and all the young talent in the world is doomed to fail.

Here’s what Omar Kelley said today about Miami’s O Line:

“So, to summarize Miami’s offense, Tagovailoa is working with one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, balanced out by one of the worst running games in the league, with has one of the weakest receiving corps in the NFL.

Yet, people want me to believe Tagovailoa is the one holding back this franchise?

I’m not buying it and won’t until this team puts better talent around him, and he shows it’s him and not the coaching, talent or decision-making that is holding this offense back.”

That kinda says it all for me.

Without a change in the coaching it don't matter who we sign.

It will be wasted money and a wasted QB and another wasted season ahead.

We have a communication problem between the Offensive coaching staff. It got better the second half but it wasn't solved by any means. And if it ain't solved the names on the Jerseys just wont matter...

That said in Free Agency I want to see us add a replacement for Jackson and Davis. Jackson can sit on the bench and Davis can go play for the Jets for all I care. In the Draft I want to Draft Prototypical size at T but not in the top 3. We have other holes and needs that the Draft is better suited for - LB, WR, & RB.

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.
1641441140733.gif

We don’t have a single starting caliber OL on the team. Some guys have potential, but none of them have achieved it and we can’t wait - it’s not rebuild time anymore. It’s going to be a a few years before we can do a complete makeover, so the short term strategy should be to solidify one side, or the interior. We won’t be able to get 5 starters in one off season. I also have doubts about the OL coach Lem. It’s hard to tell how effective psoitional coaches are when we’re on the outside looking in, but this OL group hasn’t improved throughout the season. Thats enough for me to pull the plug on Lem.

Are people actually asking for an aging, extremely injury prone, and super expensive LT in Armstead? I don't think he's even played 50% of his career.

We don’t have a single starting caliber OL on the team. Some guys have potential, but none of them have achieved it and we can’t wait - it’s not rebuild time anymore. It’s going to be a a few years before we can do a complete makeover, so the short term strategy should be to solidify one side, or the interior. We won’t be able to get 5 starters in one off season. I also have doubts about the OL coach Lem. It’s hard to tell how effective psoitional coaches are when we’re on the outside looking in, but this OL group hasn’t improved throughout the season. Thats enough for me to pull the plug on Lem.
I think Robert Hunt is starting caliber but that's about it.

I've seen a couple of episodes of my 800 lb life and I'm wondering how long an NFL DE would take to run around someone that big? If it's more than 2.5 seconds I say we sign up 5 of these people.

d91.gif

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.
Brother aquapride Jesse Davis got Tua killed , broken ribs and missed a bunch of games. I disagree 100%. I would only keep hunt, Eichenberg and dieter (backup), that’s it. Tua made it work because everything was design to throw immediately plus he has a quick release due to how terrible our line is. And the coaching didn’t help at all.

I don't get why people are getting chubbies about the idea of getting Armstead...dudes the Will Fuller of Olineman...after he misses half the season people will **** on Grier for signing an injury prone player just like...FULLER!

Maybe some should research the available lineman rather than just go by name recognition. It's obvious plenty of you have no idea what Armstead's career has been like.

Free agent Terron Armstead's snap participation since becoming a starter at Left Tackle:
2014 - 73%
2015 - 80%
2016 - 34%
2017 - 57%
2018 - 62%
2019 - 88%
2020 - 82%
2021 - 46%

Stole stats that from a CK tweet.

Just as long as Jesse Davis isn’t blocking Tua’s blindside I’ll be happy. He needs to be gone from this team like ASAP. He should’ve been benched after that 1st Bills game this year.
When people say Davis is good depth I think they meant to say he’s good for a death.

Back
Top Bottom