Start picking an O line for 2022 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Start picking an O line for 2022

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.

We’ve found Austin Jackson’s account boys

Cam Robinson maybe? He’s not great but a clear upgrade over Davis has potential if we ever get an oline coach worth a damn

I think Eich, Dieter, and probably Davis would be good backups, especially with a good coach.

Eich may still develop too... though we would need a good coach.

Beyond that keep Hunt and replace the rest.

I'd like to think Jackson will develop but he seems to be a penalty machine. Not sure if you can coach him out of that.

Replacing the OL is a good way to insure the OL is terrible for the 2023 season. The current OL was effective and productive in helping the Dolphins win 7 consecutive games this season.

Can I have a pint of whatever it is you are drinking?

Target Trevor Penning or Charles Cross in the draft should they fall.

Let’s not pretend that Grier is capable of fixing a lot in one shot or that any FA is ours for the taking.

If Tua is our QB this year I would say:

Stick with Eich at LT, Dieter at C and Hunt.

Demote Jackson to swing tackle or whatever.

Draft any OL if they are BPA.

Open auditions and FA for LG.

FA and draft for RT

A modest approach but it’s assuming we keep Tua, Grier and our wonderful OL coach

First of all, I'm hiring the best veteran offensive line coach available after the season ends. Specifically eyeing Mike Munchak if there is a coaching change in Denver.

LT: Terron Armstead. However much of our cap it takes to sign him, do it. And fire Chris Grier instantly if he fails to deliver him.
LG: Let Eichenberg, Jackson, Kindley, and a street free agent slap fight it out for this spot.
C: Michael Deiter.
RG: Robert Hunt.
RT: Morgan Moses.

Hunt is a keeper. Deiter might be. Try to upgrade there, but my priority would be at tackle.

Armstead would be my first target. I don't think New Orleans will be able to keep him, but he will likely cost $20 million per year.

I'd find a serviceable, mid-tier right tackle.

Eichenberg, Jackson and possibly an early draft pick to battle for LG. If Linderbaum drops to Miami's pick, I'd probably take him depending on who else is available. Then Deiter could compete for LG.
problem with armstead is he is never on the field

I would slide eichenberg to left guard and get two new tackles. Jackson can be depth.

Yeah, and I hate injury prone players. But a lot of these tackles won't end up making it to free agency.

Obviously, depends who's is there. I know New Orleans cap situation is problematic for them.

Its beyond problematic. If by some miracle they could re-sign one of their FA's, Marcus Williams is more likely the one they'd try to keep.

At some point in February they will still calling teams with cap space asking who wants to buy a draft pick?

I want the OTHER Tackle in New Orleans. And their RB. And one of their two centers.

I can clear up their cap issues and give them some draft capitol to use on the inevitable rebuild.

Its beyond problematic. If by some miracle they could re-sign one of their FA's, Marcus Williams is more likely the one they'd try to keep.

At some point in February they will still calling teams with cap space asking who wants to buy a draft pick?

I want the OTHER Tackle in New Orleans. And their RB. And one of their two centers.

I can clear up their cap issues and give them some draft capitol to use on the inevitable rebuild.
Not a bad idea. New Orleans will definitely be open for business.

Back
Top Bottom