Stedman Bailey Is The Center of The Draft Strategy - The Perfect Storm | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stedman Bailey Is The Center of The Draft Strategy - The Perfect Storm

This is not how you go about trading down. You can't say,"We're moving back so we can take Bailey where he's probably going to go". This isn't Madden. So when pick 12 comes around we move back to 22 and Bailey goes at 20: what then? You can't target a specific guy with a trade down; trading down means "there are 10 guys right now who I would be happy with, and I'll take the one who's left" at 22; or ​you use the acquired picks to do this first thing. If you want to snag Bailey, you wait for him to fall to a pick where you'd be happy taking him, and you trade up (you target specific players by trading up) probably making a deal with the team on the clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Enjoy! He reminds me of Steve Smith (Car) hes small but yet fast, strong, quick, has exceptional hands (he goes and gets the ball) and hes absolute playmaker anytime he touches the ball.... Stedman Bailey should def be our target anyone who says this dude isnt explosive is crazy!

Letsss Gooooo Mountaineers!!!

This is not how you go about trading down. You can't say,"We're moving back so we can take Bailey where he's probably going to go". This isn't Madden. So when pick 12 comes around we move back to 22 and Bailey goes at 20: what then? You can't target a specific guy with a trade down; trading down means "there are 10 guys right now who I would be happy with, and I'll take the one who's left" at 22; or ​you use the acquired picks to do this first thing. If you want to snag Bailey, you wait for him to fall to a pick where you'd be happy taking him, and you trade up (you target specific players by trading up) probably making a deal with the team on the clock.

Sorry, but neither of us are wrong or completely correct.

Moving back to snag a player you want, at a position that makes sense is a strategy that has been used many times. Trading up before the player you want has been snagged is also employed often. And, to be completely specific, those 2 combinations are exactly what makes trades happen. This is the essence of "it takes 2 to Tango". One goes up, one comes down. Why? Because one has their eye on a player that has to be taken right away, and the other has their eye on a player/s that they want, that can be had, for value, at the lower spot.

Viola.

Or, if what´s available in the early rounds is potentially better than what we have starting/depth...if we lose SSmith, Fasano, Long, Hartline, and Clemmons, we´re in HUGE trouble in many positions...

Or, if what´s available in the early rounds is potentially better than what we have starting/depth...if we lose SSmith, Fasano, Long, Hartline, and Clemmons, we´re in HUGE trouble in many positions...

Yes, but we have MANY picks to address that, and even more if we traded down. Not to mention that we can plug at least one of your mentioned holes through FA

He's one of my Top 5. Would love to have him, but this isn't the route I'd take. Whether or not he's there at 42, I'd expect guys I have ranked just ahead or just below him to be there at 42. Of course, your rankings are not my rankings, and that changes the way one would go about this.

Respect your opinion, but wow, did you just say that Bailey is not that explosive? Wow. Explosive is what he is, and trust me....he will not make it far down the board come draft day. If he makes it out of Rd 1, he will be snapped very early in Rd. 2. And THAT lucky team will likely have a deep threat for years

He is not explosive..He actually looks pretty slow compared to everyone around him.... Its not like you snap your fingers and he is gone....most of what i watched a defender is right near him...he just out hustles them. He finds the ball and goes up and get it....he breaks tackles...

Rather Have "The General" he is bigger and faster, how these guys run at the combine will dictate where they go. I do like Stedman though wouldn't be upset if we got him in the second. I think he would be quite the reach at 20 though. Rather have Eifert at 20 and target Stedman mid 2nd.

He is not explosive..He actually looks pretty slow compared to everyone around him.... Its not like you snap your fingers and he is gone....most of what i watched a defender is right near him...he just out hustles them. He finds the ball and goes up and get it....he breaks tackles...

Remember, he battled an ankle injury most of 2012. Despite this, was among the leaders in the nation in most receiving categories

Dont know how you can say he's slow (not explosive) hes one of the faster guys in the league he ran a 4.38 40

Stedman Bailey is the second only to Cordarrelle Patterson as far as the WRs on my board go, so I'm going to naturally approve of plans that involve him.

I'm still waiting for more clarity on where the NFL values him. I've been thinking they will value him in the 2nd round. It seems like you might be able to get him reliably at #42 overall at the moment. You may not need to trade backward from #12.

And if he's not there, Markus Wheaton at #42 would not exactly be a bad consolation prize...he's my #3 wide receiver.

Back
Top Bottom