Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

This thread has aged terribly. Not only will it not be a top pick, Steelers are very much in the mix for a playoff spot with the schedule they have remaining. Terrible trade. You never trade a proven player for the unknown. I do not care how much Fitzpatrick did not want to be here. He had zero leverage as a 2nd year player.
This is my problem w this. They could have made him play. They rushed him out - was plenty of time to the trade deadline if they wanted to move him at the end. I put this on Flores 100%. Kid has 6 takeaways now. A FR for us, a FF for them and 4 picks. And one 96 yards to the house.

The Dolphins likely won’t be drafting Tua now and with the Texans and Steelers continuing to win, it is going to be extremely difficult to draft players in the first round as talented as Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. If they can’t draft Tua or Burrow and they end up drafting in the 20’s with the other two draft picks, the Dolphins will end up the losers in those trades.

I never liked the Tunsil trade and I blame the coaching staff for their inability to get Fitzpatrick to buy into their system.Tunsil and Fitzpatrick are both pro bowl caliber talents and it is going to be extremely difficult for the Dolphins to draft players close to their talent if those picks are in the 20’s as now appears likely.

It is too bad Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were traded because they are the type players the Dolphins should have been rebuilding with.

Steelers have been surviving on opportunities so far this season.
I'm not worried about them getting out of Top 10 draft position.
If you look at their remaining schedule, they will probably win 4-5 more games. I think they have a far better chance of making the playoffs than they do in ending up with a draft pick in the top 10.

If you look at their remaining schedule, they will probably win 4-5 more games. I think they have a far better chance of making the playoffs than they do in ending up with a draft pick in the top 10.

I'd have to look at their division.
But they're a team that's been winning on the edge.
Either that continues or things start to even out.

The Dolphins likely won’t be drafting Tua now and with the Texans and Steelers continuing to win, it is going to be extremely difficult to draft players in the first round as talented as Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. If they can’t draft Tua or Burrow and they end up drafting in the 20’s with the other two draft picks, the Dolphins will end up the losers in those trades.

I never liked the Tunsil trade and I blame the coaching staff for their inability to get Fitzpatrick to buy into their system.Tunsil and Fitzpatrick are both pro bowl caliber talents and it is going to be extremely difficult for the Dolphins to draft players close to their talent if those picks are in the 20’s as now appears likely.

It is too bad Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were traded because they are the type players the Dolphins should have been rebuilding with.

Sure! They should have kept them and everyone else and still won 6,7, maybe 8 games and maybe finally things will be different than the last 10-15 years.

Give me a break!!

I'd have to look at their division.
But they're a team that's been winning on the edge.
Either that continues or things start to even out.
3 out of their 4 losses were by 4 points or less so I think it already is evened out.

3 out of their 4 losses were by 4 points or less so I think it already is evened out.

We'll see! Eitherway this organization will have to make the best with whatever the draft picks falls.

#Finsup

Last edited:
Is that you coach flores?:)

Not at all but it's the truth. We've never been in a position to have THREE 1st round picks.
They're are worst things like having no 1st round picks.

It's going to be up to the draft folks to do the best they can with what they have.

Good organizaton find a way to make it work both off and on the field.Winning organization win from...top to bottom.

Not at all but it's the truth. We've never been in a position to have THREE 1st round picks.
They're are worst things like having no 1st round picks.

It's going to be up to the draft folks to do the best they can with what they have.

Good organizaton find a way to make it work both off and on the field.Winning organization win from...top to bottom.
I'm just messin with ya

Sure! They should have kept them and everyone else and still won 6,7, maybe 8 games and maybe finally things will be different than the last 10-15 years.

Give me a break!!
We'll see! Eitherway this organization will have to make the best with where ever the draft pick falls.

#Finsup
I never said they should have kept everyone else. I agreed with the rebuild and getting rid of the veterans who wouldn’t be around when this team has the talent to be a legitimate playoff contender. Yet Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were the type of young talented players which this team should have been building around.

They both are all pro caliber type players at their positions and I just don’t think Grier will find comparable talent with the draft picks he received from the Texans and Steelers.

I realize Fitzpatrick demanded a trade but I blame the coaches 100% for this because they failed to get Fitzpatrick to buy into their program. The Steelers coaching staff have had no problem getting Fitzpatrick to buy into their program and today he is one of if not the best safeties in the entire NFL.

I never said they should have kept everyone else. I agreed with the rebuild and getting rid of the veterans who wouldn’t be around when this team has the talent to be a legitimate playoff contender. Yet Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were the type of young talented players which this team should have been building around.

They both are all pro caliber type players at their positions and I just don’t think Grier will find comparable talent with the draft picks he received from the Texans and Steelers.

I realize Fitzpatrick demanded a trade but I blame the coaches 100% for this because they failed to get Fitzpatrick to buy into their program. The Steelers coaching staff have had no problem getting Fitzpatrick to buy into their program and today he is one of if not the best safeties in the entire NFL.

We're in complete agreement. It would have been nice to have those players here. But here we are, they're no longer a part of this team, so we have to focus on the players that are and will be.

Right now this coaching staff seems to be laying the blueprint and foundations for this organization. Don't underestimate how important that truly is.

There are far more talented teams that aren't winning. Look no further than say the Cleveland Browns? Why? I don't think it's a stretch to say it's because they don't have the right blueprint and leadership in place for that organization.

If we manage to continue to build our foundations then it won't matter that we lost those players you mention. We'll have others to plug in play into our system.

It's why rare organization like the Patriots can seemingly lose players every season and still win. That's the kind of long term success and system we want to build.

I liked and still like the Tunsil trade. The reality is he had already put in 3 seasons with us (was going command a huge salary soon) and was still far from elite. He may develop into one of the best LTs in the game w Houston. But they will pay stupid money for him. We weren’t going to do that. As for Minkah I’ve said enough for one day. Let’s just say I agree 100% with you.

We're in complete agreement. It would have been nice to have those players here. But here we are, they're no longer a part of this team, so we have to focus on the players that are and will be.

Right now this coaching staff seems to be laying the blueprint and foundations for this organization. Don't underestimate how important that truly is.

There are far more talented teams that aren't winning. Look no further than say the Cleveland Browns? Why? I don't think it's a stretch to say it's because they don't have the right blueprint and leadership in place for that organization.

If we manage to continue to build our foundations then it won't matter that we lost those players you mention. We'll have others to plug in play into our system.

It's why rare organization like the Patriots can seemingly lose players every season and still win. That's the kind of long term success and system we want to build.
I certainly agree that we have to move forward. That still doesn’t mean that I think trading Tunsil and Fitzpatrick was a good move. Especially with the Steelers and Texans looking like those draft picks will likely be in the bottom of the first round instead of the top part of the draft.

My hope is they are able to draft Young and use the two later picks in the first round to upgrade the OL and the secondary. I just don’t think there is a QB after Tua and Burrow who are first round talents. If they can’t get Burrow or Tua, I would rather see them try to sign a veteran QB in free agency and wait until 2021 to draft a QB in the first round.

I have thought all along that this is at least a three year rebuild. So I have no problem waiting another year to draft a QB instead of reaching for a QB just because they think they have to draft a QB in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom