Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

He just played Texas A&M who are a ranked team. Christ, what's this kid have to do in order for people to see how good he is? Save a baby from a burning building while having 5 cats under his arms throwing 5 TDS in hurricane force winds?
He has to **** a golden egg?

Not to be a grinch but how can a pick we have not made or benefit from be the gift that keeps giving?

Nope. I live around Pittsburgh. I seen this happen forever. They are going to win 9 games. I knew chargers would **** the bed. As they say in Pittsburgh

I have also watched enough of the Steelers to know that they are not superhuman...No wayin the world they reach 9 wins.

Between 5-7 sounds about right.

Not to be a grinch but how can a pick we have not made or benefit from be the gift that keeps giving?

Because for a player the coaching staff had no clue what to do with, and was starting to be vocally a problem, Miami is getting an extra #1, and with each loss it becomes a higher one.

Narrowing the gap significantly - please roll out that argument

Because one has not just succeeded in every level of football to date - he is crushing it - and even Edholm credits Tua for not going all Hero

Imagine that if Tua went all Hero?! Do you think he can elevate his game? Has Burrows reached his ceiling? If I were a betting man I cash out with someone who gets it done

Bama does not have a great Oline - watch Tua move he is not Tom Brady throwing from his spot - Tua is a lot more Brees, Wilson and he hasn’t gone all Hero mode even eat and why should he showcase his arm stength anymore than he has his seam throws are picture perfect - until someone stops it why change??

Or are you reading Erik Edlholm Yahoo sports who is trying to direct attention to himself? By stating that three in-named people would take Burrows over Tua - shouldn’t be hard to find three people who dislike Saban and Bama and therefore his QB

I have no idea where you're getting that Bama doesn't have a great o line, because they do.

And it feels like you're taking my post as a slight on Tua but im not, like I said I still think he's in a tier by himself. I just think Burrow is playing well enough to make progress towards that.

I didn't even read this article, im using my eyes. Burrow has everything you could want. So does Tua.

Tua hasn't played against a good defense this season & his team is LOADED with weapons. Last time he played a really good D was Clemson where he struggled.

The Tua hype train is deceiving people in my eyes.

That's my biggest fear as well. With Tua you just have to rely on what you see which is great QB play, but yah it's really difficult to evaluate him on that team.

He has to **** a golden egg?
Not just one.

That's unsustainable. He really should be able to just do it upon command.

tenor.gif

I have no idea where you're getting that Bama doesn't have a great o line, because they do.

And it feels like you're taking my post as a slight on Tua but im not, like I said I still think he's in a tier by himself. I just think Burrow is playing well enough to make progress towards that.

I didn't even read this article, im using my eyes. Burrow has everything you could want. So does Tua.

Burrow has all you want in the NCAA but will it translate to the bigs??? We don’t know but we have seen a lot from Tua

On the big stage which is important - to take a big league and not let it failure is huge it tells us a lot about a player

According to the peopel paid to evaluate players Tua has a big big league on this class

Lots of people aren’t watching film just reading box scores when it comes to the players

Tua is still learning still growing his acumen for the game is insane - he doesn’t go all Baker Mayfield Hero he just doesn’t give away the football.

Tua reads a D before snap and after the snap - it is clear that he has made up his mind who is getting the ball based on his sights - the D needs to disguise better

When they are open he hits his reciever in flight so there is more YAC - clearly he won’t be putting up these numbers in the NFL - where D closes on players sooner

The People who think he locks on to one route need to watch a bit more - a quick slant is just that a quick hitter - can’t fault a guy for leading his Wr so he can make a big play with his legs

He thinks the game like Brady get rid of the ball let the WRs get YAC

It is up to the D to anticipate or stop him

Not his fault he is effective - His WRs catch the ball and run very well - the fact that Tua won’t go all Hero is used against him far too often

Just think if Tua went all Hero because a days work for Tua is 4 TD and 1 pick on a off day

He does not have this all world Oline what Tua has is great feet and release it takes a lot of pressure off his Oline

Last edited:
That's my biggest fear as well. With Tua you just have to rely on what you see which is great QB play, but yah it's really difficult to evaluate him on that team.

Indeed. When faced with pressure he struggled against Clenson who are the nearest thing to an NFL team in the NCAA as far as speed & ability are concerned.

Indeed. When faced with pressure he struggled against Clenson who are the nearest thing to an NFL team in the NCAA as far as speed & ability are concerned.

I'm telling you was not a tua fan till this year, He has improved more then I can remember any QB improving.. Plays the game smart, Accurate, good arm strength and a natural pocket presence to get out of trouble.. I have no doubt if we draft tua he will at the very least not be a bust and likely turn into the best young QB in the last few years outside of Mahomes who is just out of this world.

As for the Pittsburgh pick, I honestly have no idea how they won their last few games with a 2nd and then 3rd string QB. All Pitt is doing is using James conner and playing tough but I think the pick is looking around the 12 range.. I think they will finish 7-9 my guess

Sometimes great defenses get the best of great offenses; it happens. It doesn't mean that Tua is suddenly not a great qb.

Oh my ... your Bama hate is clouding your vision

Clemson got out ahead with some spectacular catches not throws mine you - and Tua didn’t get it done

Based on your eyes Tua has to throw for 5 TD and no INT regardless of the competition

Listen to yourself - watch some footage

Trevor has a big game - national championship- big stage and where he is now?? Almost lost to an I ranked team - yah - fact

Where are the guys who are supposed to be neck in neck with these guys - Tua is way out in front in front of them all - and he is gonna make a lot of money for those WRs - who will be drafted by the second day of not first for 2 of them

Kids are allowed to get better he is better where is the competition?? Better? No just a lot of Bama hate out there

Back
Top Bottom