Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

At this point, the Steelers record will likely be determined by how well their opponents stop the run...Mason Rudolph is just awful.

I can see a 7-9 season and a pick in the teens. Honestly, as good as Minkah has been for them it's not a bad return for a player who OBVIOUSLY didn't want to play for the Dolphins anymore. People are kinda forgetting that hurts your leverage a bit.

Worth noting - if the Steelers wind up 7-9 it will somehow be Mike Tomlin's FIRST losing season. That's just insane. The guy's team has been so consistent and it takes a special kind of bad QB to break that incredible streak of his.

At this point, the Steelers record will likely be determined by how well their opponents stop the run...Mason Rudolph is just awful.

I can see a 7-9 season and a pick in the teens. Honestly, as good as Minkah has been for them it's not a bad return for a player who OBVIOUSLY didn't want to play for the Dolphins anymore. People are kinda forgetting that hurts your leverage a bit.

Worth noting - if the Steelers wind up 7-9 it will somehow be Mike Tomlin's FIRST losing season. That's just insane. The guy's team has been so consistent and it takes a special kind of bad QB to break that incredible streak of his.

Considering the Browns are in their division lets be honest. They always started every season at 2-0.
Heck the Patriots can't even claim that with the Dolphins.

Bengals game is so important now, lose to them and it could go bad fast. Imagine they are favourites but at home think there is a decent chance the Bengals could turn them over.

Why wouldn't they draft Tua? Are you assuming Tua will be not available(drafted already or goes back to school)?
Because if he's avialable and has a 50/50 chance of playing FB again then i think the Dolphings absolutely draft him and have him sit-out the year to recover.
Wow....

If you admit it's 50/50 he plays again at all, and it's another 50/50 that he was sucessful, to the point of being good, thats pretty long odds.

It's one thing to bet a horse with long odds, but no rational gambler bets a lame horse, that won't run a race for two years. Especially one that is lame to the point of not being able to train.

I know we are talking about a human, not an animal, but emotion aside, it is a valid analogy.
If he were just some okay prospect then I would agree with you completely.
But his play at Alabama and compared to the nation is ELITE!
There's no argument there when it comes to the numbers.

Based on what I see he's in the class of Manning, Luck etc coming out of college.
So for "me" it this simple. If i had a chance to draft Manning or Luck with an injury, such as Tua, where it's 50/50 would i take the chance? The answer is 100%

I would for a variety of reasons. On of which is the following logic: What are the chances that Love, Herbert, Fromm(although i like him) end up being a better pro?
I would say, given the injury, quite high.

There is also a huge difference in using a day 1 or 2 pick, as opposed to a rd6 or 7.
Agreed 100%

But this is the position you put your organization in when you go years without identifying that franchise QB.
IMO, you lose the right to play it ''safe!" This franchise has no choice until it lands that type of QB.

As a matter of fact, I would draft TWO Qbs..Tua and a project with possible upside like Love or Hurts.

I'm putting Tua on IR for the season and going in with Fitz, Rosen, Love/Hurts
Kudos gentlemen, posters take note, this is how you have a civil debate here, 2 different points of view debating WITHOUT attacking each other personally! Great job guys, this is how it's done! :up:

reading some of the learned posts on this thread I get the feeling this thread could POSSIBLY end up being renamed to th the steelers pick - the gift that keeps on taking - considering how we’ll Minkqhsnplaying for them as well

At this point the Raves do NOT have the top seed in the AFC and I'm sure they'd love to be home for the playoffs so unless they can catch NE for that spot I'd expect them to play everyone, specially since those starters would be off the next week at which time they could rest.
Good point Dan.

And in week 17 Patriots and Ravens both play at 1:00. If standings remain with Patriots ahead one game the Ravens will be forced to play the Steelers to win with all hands on deck.

That would be funny as hell if the Patriots somehow lost to Dolphins in week 17 and Ravens stole the #1 seed by beating Pittsburgh. Not happening but boy would that be a blast.
It would not be a blast to me......last year we beat them and NE lost home field and yet they still won the super bowl while we went from drafting 8 to drafting 13 by winning that game. Beating NE this year would accomplish nothing other than screwing up our draft position.

Beating NE this year would accomplish nothing other than screwing up our draft position.

I disagree. We can still get a good player wherever we draft. Having our new coach beat his mentor in a meaningful game in Foxboro would be something we haven’t done in more than a decade. Doing it with this team would be a miracle.

Considering the Browns are in their division lets be honest. They always started every season at 2-0.
Heck the Patriots can't even claim that with the Dolphins.
Fair enough but Big Ben is goofy as he is - is always going to give you a chance. I don’t know how he’ll be post surgery but he’s been the reason they are always competitive. And I do think they draft and develop talent well.

I disagree. We can still get a good player wherever we draft. Having our new coach beat his mentor in a
in Foxboro would be something we haven’t done in more than a decade. Doing it with this team would be a miracle.
Why would you call that
meaningful game
Why are you calling it a meaningful game? You mean for NE? And if it is for NE then last year was a meaningful game for NE as they were trying to get home field but didn't get it when they lost to us.

As far as for us.......being able to draft top 3 could mean a whole lot more for our future than Flores winning that game but I respect your opinion.

We could sure use a loss tonight for the Texans.

gonna be tough. Short week on the road for the colts. Usually a bad recipe

Back
Top Bottom