Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Exactly right. Stockpiling draft picks and "tanking" is one thing. BUT trading young talent like a a game changing DB and a top O-Lineman is unacceptable.

Of course, people will continue to drink the we have a bunch of draft picks and cap space koolaide.
I liked the Tunsil trade. I think he’s over rated and was not even a top 10 LT here. By the time he develops into one we weren’t going to pay him. Minkah was mishandled. We had another 2-3 years to make it work w him. He’s a stud - the Steelers haven’t traded their no 1 pick in 100 years. There’s a reason they have been in so many SBs. They do things smartly. They said “we aren’t going to get a 1st rounder better than Minkah so let’s make the trade”. Meanwhile we think we might get someone better. Not likely.

I liked the Tunsil trade. I think he’s over rated and was not even a top 10 LT here. By the time he develops into one we weren’t going to pay him. Minkah was mishandled. We had another 2-3 years to make it work w him. He’s a stud - the Steelers haven’t traded their no 1 pick in 100 years. There’s a reason they have been in so many SBs. They do things smartly. They said “we aren’t going to get a 1st rounder better than Minkah so let’s make the trade”. Meanwhile we think we might get someone better. Not likely.
That's true about Minkah, but complicated by him becoming a royal pain in the arse. If he hadn't been agitating for a move then I doubt he'd have been traded. Maybe that's on the coaching team and/or FO for not handling him better (or willing to try), but it's not as simple as just trading him because we think we can get someone better with the pick.

He’s 46. Surely there are guys out of work who would hit higher % wise. He’s been hurting them all year.

I saw a shot of him with his helmet off last game after missing a kick- grey hair and all and I was like wow. It seems like he has been kicking for ever.

What are the odds we will get a game changer with that Steeler pick?

Don't know the odds but I will go out on a limb to say the odds increased with the pick than without it

BUT trading young talent like a a game changing DB and a top O-Lineman is unacceptable.

Tunsil is injured (playing on a team that is organized with players that win … how may he survived our mess?) and Fitzpatrick was a malcontent … we don't know what "would have happened if" so let it go ... Fitzpatrick has a ways to go before he can be labeled as a "game changing" DB ... he's a good player and probably will do some great things but ATTITUDE plays a role ... much like Jones (quit on his team) and Stills (personal agenda) ... players like this have a home but not here at this time ...

New coaching staff NEEDS for the players to be on the same page ... not potentially divide a locker room ... (like RB AJ or Landry) ... this is not the platform for prima donnas (a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.) ... IMO

These players mentioned all have talent we could use but "too many Chiefs and not enough Indians" is no way to go into battle ... at least not with a new regime trying to evaluate and win while installing a new offense and defense while having to coach fundamentals and discipline (penalties etc.)

IMO ... of course

Don't know the odds but I will go out on a limb to say the odds increased with the pick than without it

Tunsil is injured (playing on a team that is organized with players that win … how may he survived our mess?) and Fitzpatrick was a malcontent … we don't know what "would have happened if" so let it go ... Fitzpatrick has a ways to go before he can be labeled as a "game changing" DB ... he's a good player and probably will do some great things but ATTITUDE plays a role ... much like Jones (quit on his team) and Stills (personal agenda) ... players like this have a home but not here at this time ...

New coaching staff NEEDS for the players to be on the same page ... not potentially divide a locker room ... (like RB AJ or Landry) ... this is not the platform for prima donnas (a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.) ... IMO

These players mentioned all have talent we could use but "too many Chiefs and not enough Indians" is no way to go into battle ... at least not with a new regime trying to evaluate and win while installing a new offense and defense while having to coach fundamentals and discipline (penalties etc.)

IMO ... of course

Huh? How do odds increase when you send away a game changer for a pick that will now likely be worse than the one you used to select that game changer just a year ago?

That's true about Minkah, but complicated by him becoming a royal pain in the arse. If he hadn't been agitating for a move then I doubt he'd have been traded. Maybe that's on the coaching team and/or FO for not handling him better (or willing to try), but it's not as simple as just trading him because we think we can get someone better with the pick.
Yeah I know. I’d like to think we could have worked it out. He had no leverage at all and we had a lot of time (years) on our side.

IMO ... of course
Not to be a wise ass but he did change the game yesterday. That pick was a snipe.

Danny I love you as a poster. But those INTs didn’t fall into his hands. The deep one he had to track the ball and made a good catch. The deflection - he had to be in position. The one yesterday was a veteran move. We can dissect each one but let’s not do the sour grapes thing. He’s going to be a great player in this league. We messed up w how we tried to use him. That’s on Flores.
I was talking about the first two. Yes he had to be in position but I meant one was tipped up into the air and all he had to do was catch it. I don't have anything against him. It's not sour grapes. All I'm saying is he's gone and he's not coming back so lets see who we draft and focus on the guys that are going to be here. That's all I'm saying. If he has a great career then good for him.

Huh? How do odds increase

I don't know the math on odds … just seems logical if you have one draft pick … and then you have 2 … and then 3 (all in round 1) … then your odds of picking a "game changer" increase .. If that only makes sense to me then I apologize for my ignorance

Not to be a wise *** but he did change the game yesterday. That pick was a snipe.
It was a net 14 point swing. That's the definition of game changing.

You are both right … however he hasn't proven to me that he is a game changer … it was one game ... let's see how it goes before we annoint him the title ... Ronnie Lott was a game changer but he earned it over the years ...you see his POTENTIAL as a game changer and you may be right ... for me he is a good DB with potential to be great ... no biggie it's just my opinion

That's just it Danny, he is not coming back. We did not have to get rid of him. The organization chose to take are rolling the dice on getting greater than, or equal to, talent in the draft with the 13th-18th pick in the draft.

And those that say he was not happy in Miami; he was not happy with being shuffled around in different positions. He wasn't a problem. He just wanted to learn one position. That was another choice made by this organization and another point why fans of the Dolphins for longer than 20 years (38 for me) have very little faith in the organization.

So Minkah had a 96 yard pick 6 today? Game changer. Something this team lacks. What are the odds we will get a game changer with that Steeler pick?

Depending on how the Steelers do for the rest of the year, where their pick will be, and what type of talent will still be there, I would have to say reasonably good Miami gets as much or better for their trade if the Steelers end up picking top 10 where I still believe they will end up.

The Steelers pick is a loss. It will be a 16 plus pick. They have the browns twice, cardinals, bengals and jets still left. Minkah will be a skidmark on the front offices underwear for years.

Back
Top Bottom