Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Ouch

Fitzpatrick's impact in Pittsburgh
Minkah Fitzpatrick was among the Dolphins shipped out of Miami before the trade deadline. Before being traded, Fitzpatrick voiced his displeasure with how he was being utilized in Miami, but his usage (and the Steelers defense) has changed since his arrival in Pittsburgh in Week 3. Fitzpatrick has aligned at deep safety on 84.7% of his snaps in Keith Butler's defense, compared to just 22.4% of his snaps in his time with Miami. Fitzpatrick aligned more in the slot (37.0%) than at safety with the Dolphins, and aligned in the box on a significant number of snaps (12.7%) as well. Prior to the Fitzpatrick trade, the Steelers had been allowing a 141.7 passer rating on deep passes. After plugging Minkah in at safety, they have allowed a 10.8 passer rating on deep passes, the lowest in the NFL since Week 3.

Ouch

Minkah Fitzpatrick was among the Dolphins shipped out of Miami before the trade deadline. Before being traded, Fitzpatrick voiced his displeasure with how he was being utilized in Miami, but his usage (and the Steelers defense) has changed since his arrival in Pittsburgh in Week 3. Fitzpatrick has aligned at deep safety on 84.7% of his snaps in Keith Butler's defense, compared to just 22.4% of his snaps in his time with Miami. Fitzpatrick aligned more in the slot (37.0%) than at safety with the Dolphins, and aligned in the box on a significant number of snaps (12.7%) as well. Prior to the Fitzpatrick trade, the Steelers had been allowing a 141.7 passer rating on deep passes. After plugging Minkah in at safety, they have allowed a 10.8 passer rating on deep passes, the lowest in the NFL since Week 3.

Also played some of the worst offenses, especially deep ball offenses, in the league since then after starting against the Patriots, Seattle, and the 49ers. I still don't regret that trade at all.

The Steelers pick is a loss. It will be a 16 plus pick. They have the browns twice, cardinals, bengals and jets still left. Minkah will be a skidmark on the front offices underwear for years.
The owner,head coach and GM tried to get him to stay. He wanted out. If Flores had drafted him and was not in his first year make his ass stay but you cannot lose the locker room over a disgruntled player.

Ouch

We may have a chance at Minkah Lite if we draft the Bama safety this year.

Depending on how the Steelers do for the rest of the year, where their pick will be, and what type of talent will still be there, I would have to say reasonably good Miami gets as much or better for their trade if the Steelers end up picking top 10 where I still believe they will end up.
Why do you think it will be top ten? Top ten picks usually have 7 or less wins. Steelers have four wins all ready. Bengals browns 2x Cards , jets.
Just curious or you just assuming they will suck since they started I and 4?

The Steelers pick is a loss. It will be a 16 plus pick. They have the browns twice, cardinals, bengals and jets still left. Minkah will be a skidmark on the front offices underwear for years.
Yep exactly right. Some posters will say he had to go, others will say his picks were easy plays, blah blah. Just doubt want to admit

We either shoulda let him play just safety.

or we had all the leverage. He couldn’t force a trade.

they just won’t admit any of this.
Living in Pittsburgh I see the huge difference he made on defense. Steelers would get killed in middle of field before. Now even if they give up a play it is contested. If Ben is healthy next year look out.

The Browns and Cards are not gimmes

Yep exactly right. Some posters will say he had to go, others will say his picks were easy plays, blah blah. Just doubt want to admit

We either shoulda let him play just safety.

or we had all the leverage. He couldn’t force a trade.

they just won’t admit any of this.
Living in Pittsburgh I see the huge difference he made on defense. Steelers would get killed in middle of field before. Now even if they give up a play it is contested. If Ben is healthy next year look out.
Dude, they got killed in the middle of the field before because they only played two games and they were against New England and Seattle. Since then, they haven't played a good offense.

As for "all the leverage", that's hilarious considering he would've just become a malcontent and a cancer on the team with his alum Tua watching everything unfold. I'm sure he would've wanted to come here if we played hardball for no reason.

Who do they play this week? Are they favorites?

I know James Conner is out, I'm starting Jaylen Samuels again as my flex.

Who do they play this week? Are they favorites?

I know James Conner is out, I'm starting Jaylen Samuels again as my flex.
Pitt plays the Rams this week.
I don't understand why people are still arguing about Minkah. He's gone and not coming back. We got a 1st round pick for him and we'll see how that turns out but regardless, he's gone so let it go already.

Pitt plays the Rams this week.
I don't understand why people are still arguing about Minkah. He's gone and not coming back. We got a 1st round pick for him and we'll see how that turns out but regardless, he's gone so let it go already.
I am a huge Rams fan this werk!

Back
Top Bottom