Steelers thoughts on 1st game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers thoughts on 1st game

Kthurmus23

Tweet@KJoneZ13
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone has checked this out but here ya go, they all seem pretty sure of a win.

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/55527

A few quotes fo you from the thread they made.
"56-14 Steelers"
"Looks like we got our BYE WEEK in week 1"
"I sincerely hope that Culpepper and his 2 picks per TD are healthy when we play them. I expected Miami to have a good season, and possibly win their division (look for the pats to fall flat on their faces), until they signed that bum."

I think the Super Bowl went to their heads a little too much, I sure hope we win.
Also sorry if this is a repost, didnt see it, and I have been at work all day.

They actually call us very unintelligent fans,

They seem to have all the answers for thier offseason losses.

they have good reason to be ****y, after all they won the superbowl with the help of the stripes

While it will be alittle soon too be playing the defending champs, its a great way too start. Too be the best ya gotta play the best. And lordy wouldn't that be a sweet win if we could pull it off! Reminicent of last seasons Denver thrashing. :dolphins:

Kthurmus23 said:
Dont know if anyone has checked this out but here ya go, they all seem pretty sure of a win.

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/55527

A few quotes fo you from the thread they made.
"56-14 Steelers"
"Looks like we got our BYE WEEK in week 1"
"I sincerely hope that Culpepper and his 2 picks per TD are healthy when we play them. I expected Miami to have a good season, and possibly win their division (look for the pats to fall flat on their faces), until they signed that bum."

I think the Super Bowl went to their heads a little too much, I sure hope we win.
Also sorry if this is a repost, didnt see it, and I have been at work all day.
Maybe Zach can do for Big Ben what he did for Griese Lmao

Dolfandenny said:
While it will be alittle soon too be playing the defending champs, its a great way too start. Too be the best ya gotta play the best. And lordy wouldn't that be a sweet win if we could pull it off! Reminicent of last seasons Denver thrashing. :dolphins:
That's the one thing that sucks about it. If we do beat them (even as badly as we spanked Denver), it will be credited to the rust of the offseason, first game, blah blah blah. ****y ref-buying *******.

The Steelers fans around me are all pretty obnoxious right now. I want to know who's going to run the ball for them, and if they'll have a little bit of a let down coming off the Super Bowl. I wish this game were in the humidity of Miami, though. That would really help.

they are obviously very ignorant fans and i deff believe that the super bowl win got to their heads (THE REFS GAVE THEM THE GAME!!!)....they have been to caught up in the SB victory that they have not realized how much of an improvement miami has been this offseason and how much a threat we are to beating them when they get their rings...i hope we hand it to them and that daunte is ready to play to shut up all those idiots!!!

That message board is terrible. The layout and general look sucks. On another note: We're gonna spank the Steelers.

i rather play the steelers than the seahawks,but i am not saying that i am afraid of the seahawks ,it is just a thought

I hope the Steeler players and coaches underestimate us.Thats a good way to get beaten.

The last time we played them they made us look really bad .I remember saying to myself that that team was going to the SB.

I changed my mind later on the season when they went into a slump but they got it together at the right time.

They have every reason to think we will be a pushover especially since we will start the season without any comntinuity at the QB position.Then again we will have the element of surprise just as we did against the Broncos.

At least there was a few guys that had a brain. I liked this quote. The rest of them should thank the refs, and deflate their heads a little.

"But this 'easy win' stuff is just garbage. I'm as big a Steelers' homer as anyone, but I would imagine that every Steelers' coach and player would take offense to the idea that ANY win is an 'easy' win. Every NFL victory is difficult and comes at a price.
As for this 'no line, no corners, no playoffs stuff', try this on for size: Last year, Miami gave up 26 sacks, compared to 32 by Pittsburgh. And Miami had nearly 200 MORE passing attempts than the Steelers. Pittsburgh gave up 1 sack for every 11 (or so) pass attempts, while Miami's ratio was well over 1 sack for every 20 attempts. Further, Miami was 12th in the NFL in total rushing yardage. But when you go by yards per attempt, Miami was 7th -- ahead of Pittsburgh."

hey just look back at the charger game of last season..they looked at us as a joke and the spead was something crazy like 14 points and then we went into their house and spanked them..this team has a lot of heart and is going to use all the trash talk as fuel

They sound like Broncos fans before opening day last season.
Quite frankly the Steelers are not that great a team. They peaked during the playoffs, but they were by no means a dominant team throughout the season. That team is capable of playing some pretty ugly football. They lost a spiritual leader on offense (Bettis) and a very good all around player in Randal El.
They can beat on their chests in the offseason and enjoy their SB victory, but that doesn't guarantee anything this upcoming season.
The Dolphins usually open the season pretty fired up and kick butt when they are playing against a good opponent.

Back
Top Bottom