Steelers thoughts on 1st game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers thoughts on 1st game

I'm so glad our fans aren't as clueless as theirs. I bet you at least half of them think they will win at least 14 games.
Just about every one of them is talking Super Bowl already. I want them to ask CC who's playing in the Super Bowl this year :)

The best part about this whole thing is that it's obvious the league recognizes that Miami is going to be a team that will be very tough to beat next season. By pairing us with the defending Super Bowl champs on opening day, it has respect written all over it. We're making huge strides and have had a great Free Agency period. After finally getting our franchise quarterback, we can actually go into a season thinking championship!!

With that said, the Steelers will always be good due to being a very well coached team. They'll be able to run the ball effectively and have some very good recievers with an above average QB. Also, one of the best defenses in the league, being jacked about just getting their Super Bowl ring, they're going to be very tough to beat.

I've been a Dolphin fan since 1970, saw them play live at the Orange bowl during THE Undefeated season, watched 99% of every play for the last 20+ years, scheduled vacations and outings based on what time the game starts. So, I'm the typical Dolphin fan. We're a proud bunch. We never take it well when any team's fans talk trash, even after winning the Super Bowl. So don't !@#$ with us!!

I actually might be in the minority here, but, i'm also glad that we're playing the game there. I say that because I think Nick will have our guys that much more focused and ready, with an us against the world mentality, rather than a relaxed atmosphere of Dolphins stadium. This as a first game is great. I think it's a very winnable game and after we win, they can say it's rust or whatever, point is, it will be a W in the standings.

sabanite said:
The irony is, the one comment about this first game being a "prelude" to an AFC Championship game between these two teams.

We ALL remember what happened last time. Mr. Marino lit up their "great defense" for 4 td's and smoked 'em.

The reason why Pittsburgh won't be back in the playoffs next year: ****iness.

New England repeated and showed up consistently over the past 5 years due to being HUMBLE.

I truly feel sorry for every Pittsburgh fan that thinks they can weigh their '05 playoff performance into '06 success. Yes they did become the first 6th seed ever to win the super bowl, and yes they did win 3 road games to get there.

BUT, the reality is this, the Bus retired(good career by the way), Randle El is gone, Von Oelhoffen is gone, they have a lot of defensive players that signed with other teams in free agnecy so far, and their fans STILL see the same team. Dillusional.

On the flip side, our team won't be the same in the Positive direction. Our core players, besides Madison, are still here. We have an upgrade at QB, and more importantly, WE HAVE NICK SABAN AND A STAFF THAT MAKES BILL COWER AND HIS STAFF LOOK LIKE Lanora County Juvenile Detention Center Flag Football coaches. Bar none, Miami is in much better shape come that anticipated Thursday night.

And Steeler fans, watch out, for no giant Ketchup bottle will get in the way of our proud and hungry Miami Dolphins team,fans, and organization making an example out of your Black and Gold skeleton crew.

Just remember, a true Champion DEFENDS its title.

You may make it to Miami in January, but not February! Go MIAMI!:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Post of the NIGHT

Flame said:
Did the Broncos really under estimate us? Or did the heat get to them?

They under estimated us, if it had been the heat, it would have been a close game or them winning until the end when the heat got to them, Miami controlled the game from beginning to end.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I like the Challenge right out of the gate. It will set up the team toughness from the get go.:wink:

Exactly Bro, if you think your team belongs with the big boys, then you should feel very excited to see them get such a challenge from the start....I can't wait.

CrunchTime said:
The last time we played them they made us look really bad .I remember saying to myself that that team was going to the SB.

Last time we played them it was raining like a MoFo the majority of the game and was freezing (I was there drenched). It was a mud-bowl much worse then the cameras showed on TV and we had multiple problems with our team at the time.

kpcane said:
One of their fans is pretty dumb. After the one guy said that it looks like they have their bye week in week 1, some other doofus comes on and says, "Week 1 is a season opener, our first game is against the Dolphins"

Let's just say that if Roethlisberger plays like he did in the Super Bowl we should win handily.

A favorite quote from the movie Dumb and Dumber....."You'll have to excuse my friend....he's a little slow.......the town is THAT way!"

There is NO WAY we lose this game. This is the type of game that coaches live for....This is Nick Sabans game boys....Im suped up right now, cant wait for this W...Start the season off RIGHT!!!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I like the Challenge right out of the gate. It will set up the team toughness from the get go.:wink:
I love it too, it gives the team an extra incentive to work even harder this preseason. I think with the Steelers coming off such a high emotional level they won't be as focused as us.

BTW Congrats on becoming an Admin!:rawk:

HugeFinFan said:
I love it too, it gives the team an extra incentive to work even harder this preseason. I think with the Steelers coming off such a high emotional level they won't be as focused as us.

BTW Congrats on becoming an Admin!:rawk:
Thanks Bro!:wink: We must start off tough so we don't have to hear they had an easier schedule that's why they took the AFC East!:goof:

tay0365 said:
Exactly Bro, if you think your team belongs with the big boys, then you should feel very excited to see them get such a challenge from the start....I can't wait.
Let's bring it and play tough good football all through February!:wink:

Some of you guys really baffle me. So you're saying their comments are outlandish and ****y and defending yourself with things like, "They lost the Bus" and "Randel el tricks give them at least 7 a game". Are you trying to imply that they are not a good football team?

Guys, these are the SB champs who had a hell of a season. The refs gave them the game, whatever, they made it there and played well. They are a franchise that can be compared to ours on terms of success. They have star players and a star coach, and their major losses was a WR who had 1td last year, their 2nd CB, and a 50 year old RB that ran for 2 and 1/2 yards every time he touched the ball.

Point is, they deserve to be ****y, they are the champs. We didn't even make the playoffs. I'm hoping we kill them, but there is no way we should be considered anything but underdogs for this game. This team has a chance to make a statement on opening night infront of nearly every NFL fan in the country. GO FINS!

The state of Pennsylvania has the worst fans. This is a state in which it's fans: Booed Santa Claus because their team was getting killed at halftime, threw D batteries at JD Drew because he didn't want to play for the crappy Phillies, threw snowballs filled with rocks at opposing players and coaches (knocking one of them out), and said they planned to riot of Iverson got traded. I know most of these instances are from Philly fans, but these knuckleheads are one in the same as af as Im concerned. You won the most boring and horribly officiated game in Super Bowl history, congratulations!

[mod] save this stuff for the depths of the sea forum [/mod]

[removed]

Back
Top Bottom