Steelers thoughts on 1st game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers thoughts on 1st game

huck1974 said:
They actually call us very unintelligent fans,

They seem to have all the answers for thier offseason losses.

they have good reason to be ****y, after all they won the superbowl with the help of the stripes
Yeah, that's the only reason they won, that was the worst officiated game I have ever seen in my life.
clear.gif

Bill's comments on the game... http://media3.steelers.com/article/63426/

"The NFL made it official on Monday, announcing that the Steelers will open the 2006 regular season against the Miami Dolphins on Thursday, September 7 at 8:30 p.m. The game will be televised on NBC and mark the first time the network has telecast a game since 1997.

"I think it's great," said head coach Bill Cowher. "When you look at teams, Miami, the way they finished last year, may have been the hottest team that didn't make the playoffs.

"The way Nick Saban brought that team together, now he'll be in his second year and they've made a lot of very good acquisitions in the off-season. They have a great running back and now they have a big-time quarterback and they always play great defense. It'll be a big challenge for our football team.""

My older brother is a huge Steelers fan, he never misses an opportunity to rub last years Superbowl in my face. I hope this year will be my chance to call him up and say "I told you so!".

Heard they had a tough time taking the championship photo, (Steelers) couldn't get the refs to let go of the Lombardi trophy!

I live like 1 hour away from pittsburgh and there is a ton of steeler fans.....theres nothign i want more than a win over the defending super bowl champs!

wata bunch of loser fans..they think their team is good? they ot lucky with the colt game, and then they were given the sb...they are soooooo stupid and ****y...score of game Dolphins 35-Steelers-17

Hey, I'm all for the Steelers ripping Miami, but some of the comments here have been ridiculous. Some of you are forgetting some pretty important things.
1. Miami is a perennial prime-time team. Part of that is due to their success (three losing seasons since the 1970 merger) and part of it is due to their national fan following. They're a ratings draw. And this would be their first prime-time game of the Nick Saban era.
2. Miami has star players on their team -- Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, Daunte Culpepper, Zach Thomas, et al. They may also have LaVar Arrington before all is said and done. They also have a 'star' coach in Nick Saban.
3. The Dolphins are good. They've got one of the better defenses in the league. Yes, they lost Junior Seau and Sam Madison, but they've replaced Madison with the Giants' Will Allen, and they may have Arrington to replace Seau. And remember, they've lost Brock Marion and Patrick Surtain in the past few years and haven't really suffered for it. They've also got a very potent offense, with Culpepper at QB, Chambers at WR, Randy McMichael at TE and Ronnie Brown and -maybe- Ricky Williams at RB. Brown and Williams together combined for nearly 1800 yards last year.
4. The Dolphins and Steelers are a classic NFL rivalry. They've faced each other in two AFC Championship games and had some other big battles -- including others in the playoffs.
Now, I'm not saying the Dolphins will win. But they will give the Steelers a good game. While a game against Denver or Cincinnati would also have been a good pick, this is a strong matchup with a lot of appeal across the board. And personally, of all the possibilities, I think this one is my favorite. Don't know what it will take yet, but I'm going to be in the stands on September 7th.

Very intelligent post- he knows what he is talkin bout

They have every reason to expect a win(not that i think they will of course), but some of those posts are beyond ludacris. Its all good tho, upsets are the best.

Jimi said:
They have every reason to expect a win(not that i think they will of course), but some of those posts are beyond ludacris. Its all good tho, upsets are the best.

Ya, I agree. I am sure they are like me, and expect their team to win every week. But like you said some of the post are just way to stupid, and Bias.

How many times did the Steeleres score on trick plays that involved Randle El? AT leats once a game. Take away 7 points a game and see how they would have done. They would have gone 9-7 just like the dolphins and missed the playoffs. Plus who are they gonna have to convert on short yardage situations? "Fast Willy Parker" AINT GETTIN THROUGH TRAYLOR!

Back
Top Bottom