Steelers thoughts on 1st game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers thoughts on 1st game

The irony is, the one comment about this first game being a "prelude" to an AFC Championship game between these two teams.

We ALL remember what happened last time. Mr. Marino lit up their "great defense" for 4 td's and smoked 'em.

The reason why Pittsburgh won't be back in the playoffs next year: ****iness.

New England repeated and showed up consistently over the past 5 years due to being HUMBLE.

I truly feel sorry for every Pittsburgh fan that thinks they can weigh their '05 playoff performance into '06 success. Yes they did become the first 6th seed ever to win the super bowl, and yes they did win 3 road games to get there.

BUT, the reality is this, the Bus retired(good career by the way), Randle El is gone, Von Oelhoffen is gone, they have a lot of defensive players that signed with other teams in free agnecy so far, and their fans STILL see the same team. Dillusional.

On the flip side, our team won't be the same in the Positive direction. Our core players, besides Madison, are still here. We have an upgrade at QB, and more importantly, WE HAVE NICK SABAN AND A STAFF THAT MAKES BILL COWER AND HIS STAFF LOOK LIKE Lanora County Juvenile Detention Center Flag Football coaches. Bar none, Miami is in much better shape come that anticipated Thursday night.

And Steeler fans, watch out, for no giant Ketchup bottle will get in the way of our proud and hungry Miami Dolphins team,fans, and organization making an example out of your Black and Gold skeleton crew.

Just remember, a true Champion DEFENDS its title.

You may make it to Miami in January, but not February! Go MIAMI!:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Don't we have the best record for opening day wins? I hope they under estimate us like Denver, we'll show them...Go Dolphins!!!!

sabanite said:
The irony is, the one comment about this first game being a "prelude" to an AFC Championship game between these two teams.

We ALL remember what happened last time. Mr. Marino lit up their "great defense" for 4 td's and smoked 'em.

The reason why Pittsburgh won't be back in the playoffs next year: ****iness.

New England repeated and showed up consistently over the past 5 years due to being HUMBLE.

I truly feel sorry for every Pittsburgh fan that thinks they can weigh their '05 playoff performance into '06 success. Yes they did become the first 6th seed ever to win the super bowl, and yes they did win 3 road games to get there.

BUT, the reality is this, the Bus retired(good career by the way), Randle El is gone, Von Oelhoffen is gone, they have a lot of defensive players that signed with other teams in free agnecy so far, and their fans STILL see the same team. Dillusional.

On the flip side, our team won't be the same in the Positive direction. Our core players, besides Madison, are still here. We have an upgrade at QB, and more importantly, WE HAVE NICK SABAN AND A STAFF THAT MAKES BILL COWER AND HIS STAFF LOOK LIKE Lanora County Juvenile Detention Center Flag Football coaches. Bar none, Miami is in much better shape come that anticipated Thursday night.

And Steeler fans, watch out, for no giant Ketchup bottle will get in the way of our proud and hungry Miami Dolphins team,fans, and organization making an example out of your Black and Gold skeleton crew.

Just remember, a true Champion DEFENDS its title.

You may make it to Miami in January, but not February! Go MIAMI!:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Well said

Steeler fans are usually a classy bunch. This surprises me but then again after the run they went on, it's understandable why they have big heads.

Dubfire said:
Steeler fans are usually a classy bunch. This surprises me but then again after the run they went on, it's understandable why they have big heads.

All I know is that the actual team won't be dumb enough to overlook us like their ****y fans, though I really hope they do.

When you got losers like the Pirates and Penguins in your town you have to hang your hopes on the Steelers....let them talk their smack...we will take care of them.

Flame said:
Did the Broncos really under estimate us? Or did the heat get to them?

heat doesn't account for 24 points. Sorry, lame excuse.

Kthurmus23 said:
Dont know if anyone has checked this out but here ya go, they all seem pretty sure of a win.

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/55527

A few quotes fo you from the thread they made.
"56-14 Steelers"
"Looks like we got our BYE WEEK in week 1"
"I sincerely hope that Culpepper and his 2 picks per TD are healthy when we play them. I expected Miami to have a good season, and possibly win their division (look for the pats to fall flat on their faces), until they signed that bum."

I think the Super Bowl went to their heads a little too much, I sure hope we win.
Also sorry if this is a repost, didnt see it, and I have been at work all day.

FROM THE STEELERS BOARD

Hey, I'm all for the Steelers ripping Miami, but some of the comments here have been ridiculous. Some of you are forgetting some pretty important things.
1. Miami is a perennial prime-time team. Part of that is due to their success (three losing seasons since the 1970 merger) and part of it is due to their national fan following. They're a ratings draw. And this would be their first prime-time game of the Nick Saban era.
2. Miami has star players on their team -- Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, Daunte Culpepper, Zach Thomas, et al. They may also have LaVar Arrington before all is said and done. They also have a 'star' coach in Nick Saban.
3. The Dolphins are good. They've got one of the better defenses in the league. Yes, they lost Junior Seau and Sam Madison, but they've replaced Madison with the Giants' Will Allen, and they may have Arrington to replace Seau. And remember, they've lost Brock Marion and Patrick Surtain in the past few years and haven't really suffered for it. They've also got a very potent offense, with Culpepper at QB, Chambers at WR, Randy McMichael at TE and Ronnie Brown and -maybe- Ricky Williams at RB. Brown and Williams together combined for nearly 1800 yards last year.
4. The Dolphins and Steelers are a classic NFL rivalry. They've faced each other in two AFC Championship games and had some other big battles -- including others in the playoffs.
Now, I'm not saying the Dolphins will win. But they will give the Steelers a good game. While a game against Denver or Cincinnati would also have been a good pick, this is a strong matchup with a lot of appeal across the board. And personally, of all the possibilities, I think this one is my favorite. Don't know what it will take yet, but I'm going to be in the stands on September 7th.

Maybe the Steeler fans think that they cant lose(realistically not, but maybe subconscience). I mean after all the luck quite often during offseason. I mean with Carson Palmer getting injured on the first offensive series for the Bengals, Vanderjact missing the feildgoal (granted i am aware of the interception taken away from them... terribly ripped off), and the Superbowl was 4 instances that i remember.

its pretty funny how they keep saying we have no line... hmm.. just cuz we dont have a STAR name on our line doesnt mean it sucks, our oline is prolly about 15-16th in the league, and with more talent next year especially if we sign peirson (spelling?) too we will definately have a top ten group, people forget that the hawk is here... my neighbor is a steelers fan and i showed her this and she thinks how ****y some of these fans are is rediculous. miami is almost ALWAYS good at the beginning of the season even for away games, and imagine going through training camp the whole time knowing ur gonna get a peice of THE CHAMPS... if it were me... id be licking my chops and be psyched for that game.

One of their fans is pretty dumb. After the one guy said that it looks like they have their bye week in week 1, some other doofus comes on and says, "Week 1 is a season opener, our first game is against the Dolphins"

Let's just say that if Roethlisberger plays like he did in the Super Bowl we should win handily.

Back
Top Bottom