Steelers thoughts on 1st game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers thoughts on 1st game

GRT8 said:
FROM THE STEELERS BOARD

Hey, I'm all for the Steelers ripping Miami, but some of the comments here have been ridiculous. Some of you are forgetting some pretty important things.
1. Miami is a perennial prime-time team. Part of that is due to their success (three losing seasons since the 1970 merger) and part of it is due to their national fan following. They're a ratings draw. And this would be their first prime-time game of the Nick Saban era.
2. Miami has star players on their team -- Jason Taylor, Chris Chambers, Daunte Culpepper, Zach Thomas, et al. They may also have LaVar Arrington before all is said and done. They also have a 'star' coach in Nick Saban.
3. The Dolphins are good. They've got one of the better defenses in the league. Yes, they lost Junior Seau and Sam Madison, but they've replaced Madison with the Giants' Will Allen, and they may have Arrington to replace Seau. And remember, they've lost Brock Marion and Patrick Surtain in the past few years and haven't really suffered for it. They've also got a very potent offense, with Culpepper at QB, Chambers at WR, Randy McMichael at TE and Ronnie Brown and -maybe- Ricky Williams at RB. Brown and Williams together combined for nearly 1800 yards last year.
4. The Dolphins and Steelers are a classic NFL rivalry. They've faced each other in two AFC Championship games and had some other big battles -- including others in the playoffs.
Now, I'm not saying the Dolphins will win. But they will give the Steelers a good game. While a game against Denver or Cincinnati would also have been a good pick, this is a strong matchup with a lot of appeal across the board. And personally, of all the possibilities, I think this one is my favorite. Don't know what it will take yet, but I'm going to be in the stands on September 7th.
:clap:

My thoughts on Miami playing at Steelers in Week 1 is that atleast the game is not in December. That is one thing I was looking for Miami having one away game from the cold weather teams very early on.

The dream first 4 weeks would be @ Pitts, KC, @ Chicago, NE

Did any one else notice the Indy part of the post, do they realize Indy hasn't been in our division for YEARS???????

I hate places like that. It's all, "We will beat Miami because they suck", / "We will beat Miami because we are the defending Super Bowl Champs", / "We will beat Miami because Culpepper wont be ready" / "We will beat Miami because without R. Moss, Culpepper isn't very good"........blah blah blah.....

They sound like a bunch children over there. None of them seem to have enough knowledge of the game to answer will an educated response pertaining to football.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

WestCoast13 said:
How many times did the Steeleres score on trick plays that involved Randle El? AT leats once a game. Take away 7 points a game and see how they would have done. They would have gone 9-7 just like the dolphins and missed the playoffs. Plus who are they gonna have to convert on short yardage situations? "Fast Willy Parker" AINT GETTIN THROUGH TRAYLOR!

i agree. w/out bettis to convert the 3rd and short, willy runnin' up the middle is gonna get stuffed more often than not.

I think a lot of you guys here have the Steelers fans mixed up with the Steelers players and coaches...The fans are ****y, and rightfully so, but Coach Chin is not going to be ****y or let the players get too ****y. Fans are all talking out of their azzes (both Fins and Steelers) right now. FA and the draft haven't even occured and folks are talking about us as tho we are shoe-ins to be the first team to host a SB in their home city ?? The Steeler fans, at least have more to stand on...afterall folks...we didn't even make the playoffs last year, much less win a SB...Our star acquisition (DC) is quite unlikely to even be on the field on Sept 7th. If he is, he'll be rusty at best because he's likely to have little practice time leading up to his return. Knowing the system is a non-factor for DC, but having a report with the WR will be a factor.

I'm all for homerism, in fact I are one..but the Steeler fans have a little more to go on than we do right now...

Back
Top Bottom