Stephen Ross: Which is more important to him, Dolphins or Michigan? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: Which is more important to him, Dolphins or Michigan?

I would put the lack of depth on Ireland. Hickey had absolutely no oline to work with. he was working with trying to get a good starting lineup on the online. I thought he did good. Hopefully Albert can get healthy and hickey can find a good guard or two to start, and work on depth.

And all under the same owner, right? My point is that the lack of depth is on the team, on the Miami Dolphins. We can't offer it up as an excuse when it's a problem the team created for itself. And as injuries happen to ALL teams, we can't offer that up as an excuse either. Good teams build/find/create depth. We did not. Good teams find ways to overcome injuries. We did not. Bottom line: We're not a good team. We're a mediocre team. I have little faith in Philbin's ability to turn us into a quality team but we'll see.

And all under the same owner, right? My point is that the lack of depth is on the team, on the Miami Dolphins. We can't offer it up as an excuse when it's a problem the team created for itself. And as injuries happen to ALL teams, we can't offer that up as an excuse either. Good teams build/find/create depth. We did not. Good teams find ways to overcome injuries. We did not. Bottom line: We're not a good team. We're a mediocre team. I have little faith in Philbin's ability to turn us into a quality team but we'll see.

In case you hadn't noticed Ireland screwed this team for years with his reaches and project players!
You have to wonder what the makeup of the team would look if we stayed pat and not drafted Jordan.
Hickey has some holes to fill and fixing it in one year won't do it. And they are working together. Something Ireland really didn't seem to do. So at this point I can see some progress by the play in the games.

In case you hadn't noticed Ireland screwed this team for years with his reaches and project players!
You have to wonder what the makeup of the team would look if we stayed pat and not drafted Jordan.
Hickey has some holes to fill and fixing it in one year won't do it. And they are working together. Something Ireland really didn't seem to do. So at this point I can see some progress by the play in the games.

Who hired Ireland ...Ross, right? ...and he still owns the team, right?
Ireland didn't gain full control of the front office until September 2010. We were 7-9 in 2009. That's the team Ireland got full control over. And when he left, we were still the same mediocre pile of poop at 8-8. This year, we're 8-8 again, and still a pile of poop. Our problems did not begin and end with Ireland.

We're not a better team until our record indicates we're a better team.

Back
Top Bottom