Stephen Ross will go down as the single biggest villain in Dolphin history. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross will go down as the single biggest villain in Dolphin history.

The biggest villain in phins history is Wayne H.

He allowed Jimmy to hand pick his successor which IMO started the tailspin.

I agree. The tailspin started there. Wanny may have been a good Defensive Coordinator back in the day, but a horrible judge of talent and a bad head coach.

Nah, he won't. Did the owner of the 1972 Dolphins go down as the greatest owner? I didn't even know who it was, and I am a Dolphins fan.

The truth is Stephen Ross can only do so much. If he was Jerry Jones and fully involved I would understand, but he is just the guy with the money, not the guy making the decisions.

He needs to do a better job picking his next GM, other than that he has been a good owner.

Biggest villain in Miami Dolphin history is Nick Saban and Bill Belichik

Bennie please...​

The Joe Robbie Alumni Plaza "Walk of Fame"...To date Joe Robbie IS the best owner of this franchise hands down. You should look into the man...He was Kraft before Kraft​

Last edited:
Ross gets a bad wrap. Yes he has made some poor decisions, but the man is literally TRYING EVERYTHING and you can tell he wants to win so bad. I at least respect and acknowledge that. Has he gone about it the best way? No. But you cant fault the guy for trying. The only thing he hasn't done yet is made a big trade for a super star talent like Watson. The man is 81 and wants to see the Dolphins be competitive.
Good intentions are worthless if those intentions lead to failed results. Every team owner wants to win but the best owners are those that hire the quality individuals who know how to build a winning football team on a consistent basis.

He is only an owner because he is a billionaire and not because he has the slightest idea how to run a football team. Every time he hires a new GM or HC, he states that he hired those individuals because he was told by people he trust around the league that they were the best people for those jobs. Hopefully he will realize by now that he shouldn’t trust those people.

Since he always wanted to own the Jets before buying the Dolphins. I guess those trusted people are people in the Jets organization and no one in the Jets organization wants what’s best for the Dolphins. Twelve years as owner and the Dolphins are no closer to having a SB caliber team today than they were the day he became majority owner.

It’s Ross by a long margin it’s not even close the guys a f@@#&*% ass@#$&. Doesn’t everybody remember the celebrity owners ? the orange carpet , the dumb fuc#$&* Club liv in the stadium?. How about when he wanted taxpayers to pay to remodel his stadium? Then when we told him to stick it up his a$$ he wanted to let everybody know what a great guy he was for paying for his own improvements. Last and certainly not least his biggest act of treason was that fu@#$&* logo on our helmets. Nothing more than a cash grab, and he couldn’t even pick something that wasn’t totally embarrassing. He should be sentenced to death by 1000 cuts just for that. I’ve said it on the board for 15 years and I’ll say it again **** you Stephen Ross you suck!

Get a grip on reality. If you hate everything the team does and who owns it then haul @ss and go pick another team.
Get a grip on reality? Just curious what your reality is when it comes to Ross and the results we’ve gotten as fans since he became owner. We’re a ****ing laughingstock. I won’t debate you too much because your above response pretty much tells me the type of person I’d be arguing with and what the end result will be.

I love the Miami Dolphins and depending on your age, there’s a pretty good chance I’ve been flying the Dolphin flag a lot longer than you. I would hope you understand that as a true fan, it’s not as simple as just me hauling ass and picking another team as you so eloquently put it. For me, it’s the Dolphins or nothing.

Here’s a quick look at our on-field profile since Ross became the majority owner of the Miami Dolphins in 2008:

- In Ross’ 13+ seasons as owner, we’ve finished with a record above .500 TWICE.
- 2 playoff appearances in the last 13 years, both losses, in which the combined score was 57 to 21.
- After both playoff seasons, Miami followed up with sub .500 seasons (7-9 and 6-10). This shows a clear inability to sustain and build on any type of success what so ever.
- In 13 years, Stephen Ross has hired 4 HC’s. None of which have finished their careers in Miami at or above .500. On average, Ross changes coaches every 3.25 years. This points to a disturbing trend of Ross’ inability to identify, hire, and retain coaching talent. Changing coaches every 3 years basically makes it impossible to build and maintain any type of a winning culture.
- Durinhg Ross’ tenure, Miami has gone through 21 starting QB’s. I could elaborate on why this is awful but I think we all understand this one pretty well. Unfortunately.

And now here we sit at the ledge of another cliff for the franchise and it appears Ross’ answer is to strip anyone and everyone else of decision making power so he’s free to make the decision to cut bait from our QB that was drafted #5 overall just 18 months ago and has been gifted an AWFUL O-Line and injury prone WR corps in favor of a Top 5 NFL QB (to be fair), but that Top 5 QB also happens to be a sexual deviant who could possibly still face criminal charges and nobody in the league currently has any idea of just how long this saga will take to play out, what the end result will end up being, or just exactly when this guy will actually take his next NFL snap. But put all of that aside for a second and remember this: Even if Deshaun was allowed to play for the Miami Dolphins this coming Sunday, he’d still be playing behind the same awful O-Line and same injury prone WR’s. Not to mention that adding Deshaun to this roster will impact our cap flexibility big time moving forward as well as the fact that it’s gonna cost us a pretty penny in draft capital.

Maybe my outlook offends some Dolphin fans, but not one ounce of it isn’t the truth. This is where we’re at and I don’t think 13 years into his time as owner, Stephen Ross is suddenly gonna learn how to hire the right people to run his organization. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
The biggest villain in phins history is Wayne H.

He allowed Jimmy to hand pick his successor which IMO started the tailspin.
Blaming Johnson and Wannstedt for what has transpired under Ross is BS. While I didn’t like the fact Johnson was able to convince Huizenga to hire Wannstedt to replace him. Wannstedt left in 2004. That was five years before Ross became majority owner of the team.
‘Since becoming the majority owner, Ross has hired 3 Gm’s, had 2 head of football operations and Flores is his 4th head coach.

So blaming Jimmy Johnson for anything that has transpired under the ownership of Ross is just absolutely ridiculous. The tailspin the Dolphins have been in the last 12 years is directly related to Ross and his inability to hire the right people to turn this team into a consistent winner.

I am sorry. I don’t get the Ross Hate.

From my eyes the things I would want from an owner are.

Are my facilities top end?
Is he/she spending?
Does the ownership group meddle?

I get the hate against the Hires. He got some Hires wrong. That happens. He doesn’t seem to me make rash personnel decisions either. Sometimes finding the right GM/HC is as much about luck just like a QB.

I am sorry. I don’t get the Ross Hate.

From my eyes the things I would want from an owner are.

Are my facilities top end?
Is he/she spending?
Does the ownership group meddle?

I get the hate against the Hires. He got some Hires wrong. That happens. He doesn’t seem to me make rash personnel decisions either. Sometimes finding the right GM/HC is as much about luck just like a QB.
The buck stops with Ross. And he didn’t just get “some” hires wrong. The problem is, has he gotten one right?

Now, he’s panicking due to his age and it sounds like he’s going to abandon the from the ground up rebuild he committed to just 3 years ago in favor of the Deshaun Watson 3 ring circus.

I remember watching the Tua draft with a fellow Dolphin fan buddy and when we selected Tua, my buddy chuckled and said: “I can’t wait to see how Miami screws this up. Well wait no longer because we’re about to see it. Once they trade for Deshaun, Miami’s gonna ship Tua to Denver where he’ll land on a team with a better O-line, much better RB’s and a better WR unit. With our luck, Tua will be playing in a pro bowl before Deshaun takes his first snap as a Dolphin. 😂

Ross is a Jets fan
I have never liked the fact the NFL agrees to ownership of a team to an owner that doesn’t live in the area. Ross isn’t the only owner that doesn’t live in the location of the team he owns but his preference was always to own the Jets, not the Dolphins.

He only settled for the Dolphins once he realized he would never have the opportunity to own his favorite team.

Back
Top Bottom