Still a Bad Team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still a Bad Team?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
It may only be me but I don't think we looked like we had turned a corner against the Jags. It looked like we beat up a bad team. We struggled at time with running the ball when we needed to, receivers getting separation, stopping the run, and we hardly pressured the QB in the first half. Am I wrong? Have we actually figured things out? I'm worried we will get destroyed by Seattle.

It may only be me but I don't think we looked like we had turned a corner against the Jags. It looked like we beat up a bad team. We struggled at time with running the ball when we needed to, receivers getting separation, stopping the run, and we hardly pressured the QB in the first half. Am I wrong? Have we actually figured things out? I'm worried we will get destroyed by Seattle.
One step at a time grasshopper (kidding......or not).

It's very rare to go from bottom of the barrel to beating good teams consistently, without taking intermediate steps.

Jax isn't what I would call a good team, but i believe it shows progress. I'm not sure you can clearly pinpoint when a team "turns the corner" without the benifit of hindsight.

You're probably right but I rather beat up bad teams as oppose to have bad teams beat us. Last year we lost to the likes of the Redskins and Browns and almost lost to the Bengals. If we're at a point where we can lay the smack down on bad teams than thats a step in the right direction. But at this point it's too early to determine anything one way or another.

It isn't about bad or good.

We're a young team with an ancient, weak armed, gutty quarterback.

We are learning as we go, and we have a very long way to go.

All the pieces of this rebuild are not in place yet.

Whooping some a$$ occasionally (like last night) is certainly enjoyable, but we're building to be "good" sometime next year and moving forward.

1-2... 13 to go...

Not ready to take on the Ravens or the Chiefs of the NFL, but Miami is headed in the right direction.

Good enough to beat bad teams, may be able to hold our own against the average teams, and pull off the occasional upset against some good teams.

Schedule matters.

Last edited:
Seattle should beat us... we still lack plus Edge rushers and DVP isn't healthy... but I think we've arrived at average.
Seattle "should" beat us. They are a perennial playoff team. This game will be a measuring stick, as to where we currently stand.

We have a few extra days to prep. They are on an opposite coast road trip. If we are fortunate, it will be hot enough to fry eggs on their unshaded sideline.

We are likely going to need a defensive masterpiece from both players and coaches.

It isn't about bad or good.

We're a young team with an ancient, weak armed, gutty quarterback.

We are learning as we go, and we have a very long way to go.

All the pieces of this rebuild are not in place yet.

Whooping some a$$ occasionally (like last night) is certainly enjoyable, but we're building to be "good" sometime next year and moving forward.
Although it isn't quantifiable (more like an intangible), I think there is something to the old saying "learning how to win".

Success, even beating a meh team like Jax, is part of the process.

We may regress, but we should have an arrow up in those very subjective power rankings after last night.

Next step, keep it going.

Last edited:
Seattle is a very good team. Just food for thought, or a beer for thought. We played the Pats tough, and my eyes we should of won that game. Seahawks took everything they had to beat them. I just want to see a good game, and use these extra days to get as healthy as we can.

Seattle is a very good team. Just food for thought, or a beer for thought. We played the Pats tough, and my eyes we should of won that game. Seahawks took everything they had to beat them. I just want to see a good game, and use these extra days to get as healthy as we can.

Agreed, Wilson playing at such a high level though. We need Byron and X to be ready to go. Teams are shredding that Seattle defense but it was Ryan and Cam so who knows. Never respected Newton much as a passer but supposedly the Pats changes his delivery and wa la haha. We’ll see!

I don't think the game last night changes much. The Seattle game will be telling for sure. I see a few players that have done well in the 3 games but as far as doing great in all 3 games, I don't see one player that has done that. There has been ups and downs(more downs than ups) but that's to be expected with a young team. 3 games is really not enough to tell, specially since there were no pre season games.

I think we are middle of the pack, which is where we should expect to be this year. Not quiet good enough to beat the best teams like the Pats and Bills but better than the weak ones like JAX. If we finish 8-8 or better thos season it's a success, anything worse than that though and questions have to be asked about the HC and his staff. I do think though not picking up a wideout and a RB in this stacked draft class is biting us in the bum a little and WTH is going on with Jordan Howard and Matt Breeda, Gaskin has been nice but those two should be dominating the snaps. Not sure why we've not turned to Perry or Bowden or both either.

Back
Top Bottom