Still a Bad Team? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still a Bad Team?

Then it wouldn't be easier...
Yes but experience matter..Tua must be at lease above avg w dolphins. Mohomes, LJ, Cam,Allen,Watson,big ben,thill17,Carr,bakerfield, these are team we got beat in afc.. time will tell

Losing our expensiveAF, 'elite' (?) FA cornerback near the start vs Buffalo probably F'd the gameplan sideways.
"Whats the gameplan if B. Jones gets hurt?"
Coach:"Pray for a lightning delay to reschedule the game."

It's laughable to me that no matter who we play this is how it pans out...

before the game:
OMG that team has been blah blah blah and in the first 2 games they blah blah blah ... we are going to get burned and buried for sure... fire Grier

game ends and the score was close but we lose ...
Damn ... bonehead plays... grant can't catch a damn cold ... good fitz bad fitz ... fire Grier....

game ends and we won...
we just beat a bad team ... just wait til we actually play somebody ...fire Grier

:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

I think this team is coming together and regardless of who we play they SHOULD be on notice.....

The Dolphins have been "trending" upward since game 10 last season.... have some faith
You are missing one more dead horse for balance

Currently we’re neither a good team nor a bad team but in my humble opinion I think we’re closer to becoming a good team than a bad one again. The FA, draft and Tua will decide our fate and future. We’ve started the rebuild well currently I think. I’m happy enough, last season I was scared to watch us, this season I’m looking forward to each and every game and feel ever so slightly disappointed when we lose.

It’s a significant change to my mindset to our matches a season ago after week three. Keep going Flo, I feel something good is happening. I can’t explain it, I feel really positive at the moment we’re in a really good position to kick on. This season is simply for the long term stayers to be identified who will be part of this rebuild.

Upbeat, Fins Up (ps I don’t think Seattle are getting as easy a game as everyone thinks. If we improve at the rate we’re doing each game this season they’re in for a hard finslapping - I hope.......)

PS Flo/Grier you have to get it right in FA and draft as well as Tua. I will be expecting results next season as I believe many fans will be as well.

Ask me Monday. But of course if Miami plays Seattle tough Miami won’t get credit. They’ll just say Seattle isn’t who we thought they were.

Still a bad team with some glimpses of promise.

After week 8 let's see where we stand.

Miami beat a bad team in the Jaguars?

The Colts that lost to them in Jacksonville, but are now 2-1 don't think so.

The Titans that just barely beat them 33-30, and are now 3-0 after beating much easier a very good Vikings team does not think they are a bad team I think.

Are the Dolphins where we want to see them playing...Nope, they do still got a ways before we can feel comfortable, but they did just dominate a team that gave problems to two good teams before us.

We lost to an extremely hot and talented Bills team by three because there was not enough time to hold them and get back the ball for a FG Attempt...We lost to a very well coached, and tough Pats team to beat at their home because the Ref missed an ugly interference that resulted in an INT...if not for that, Miami is probaly within 3 points after scoring a TD.

Miami has not been playing as well as they should, but in all three games they either won, or just within getting tied or leading. Miami is getting better each week though.

Yes Parker isn't healthy but he is still making plays. I'm more worried about X. Howard. He did have an INT but he doesn't look fully healthy in my opinion.

Agreed. Both players seem to be gutting it out. They may be a few weeks away from their best.

Miami beat a bad team in the Jaguars?

The Colts that lost to them in Jacksonville, but are now 2-1 don't think so.

The Titans that just barely beat them 33-30, and are now 3-0 after beating much easier a very good Vikings team does not think they are a bad team I think.

Are the Dolphins where we want to see them playing...Nope, they do still got a ways before we can feel comfortable, but they did just dominate a team that gave problems to two good teams before us.

We lost to an extremely hot and talented Bills team by three because there was not enough time to hold them and get back the ball for a FG Attempt...We lost to a very well coached, and tough Pats team to beat at their home because the Ref missed an ugly interference that resulted in an INT...if not for that, Miami is probaly within 3 points after scoring a TD.

Miami has not been playing as well as they should, but in all three games they either won, or just within getting tied or leading. Miami is getting better each week though.

The Colts, Titans, and Jags are all division rivals and division rivals always play each other tough no matter how bad they are.

The 4-12 2004 Dolphins beat the Pats 29-28 yet lost to the 5-11 Titans 7-17. No matter how bad we are we seem to always play the Pats tough.

Still a young team. A young teams w/ loads of talent in places.

you’ll see games like we had on Thursday again this season I’m sure. I also bet we’ll see us get routed at some point, I’m sure they’ll be games where we played well enough to win but there are questionable coaching decisions like In buffalo.

it’s all coming. It’s just part of being such a drastically young team. There will be peaks and there will be valleys however you just want to pin point the growth in specific areas.

let the young guys develop, and to my eye they have so far. Some of em are gonna get picked on certain weeks though. That’s the NFL

this team has game but we are very young and devoid of talent at a few important positions. Just ride the wave this year and hope our Key pieces for the future keep getting playing time and keep developing.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooo rational for Finheaven!

Not sure we have "loads" of talent but we definitely have significant talent developing.

For me there are some premium positions where that development needs to break our way.

Specifically if dudes like Davis and Hunt can become pedigree NFL MEN on the LOS

and Wilkins keeps ramping up his game --- that will help a LOT where it matters most.

Adding a RB and/or WR in '21 that rock the wOrld will then go a long way to opening up

a lot of possibilities... But go dominant D first --- looking at Parsons or Rousseau

while still fantasizing about Creed Humphrey! Something like:

R1a Parsons
R1b Humphrey

Then trade up for

R1c Waddle or Etienne

then trade up again in R2 for
either WR or RB depending on R1c.

Point is to get 4 immediate impact players at the top and then
use whatever we have left to add some additional depth.

Obviously if we still have more "fundamental" issues on LOS
then we better solve that first before going all-in elsewhere...

My point is --- development this season is HUGE relative to next stage...

Yes but experience matter..Tua must be at lease above avg w dolphins. Mohomes, LJ, Cam,Allen,Watson,big ben,thill17,Carr,bakerfield, these are team we got beat in afc.. time will tell
Oddly enough, Carr is from Bakersfield... as am I.

Back
Top Bottom