Still a Bad Team? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still a Bad Team?

Still a young team. A young teams w/ loads of talent in places.

you’ll see games like we had on Thursday again this season I’m sure. I also bet we’ll see us get routed at some point, I’m sure they’ll be games where we played well enough to win but there are questionable coaching decisions like In buffalo.

it’s all coming. It’s just part of being such a drastically young team. There will be peaks and there will be valleys however you just want to pin point the growth in specific areas.

let the young guys develop, and to my eye they have so far. Some of em are gonna get picked on certain weeks though. That’s the NFL

this team has game but we are very young and devoid of talent at a few important positions. Just ride the wave this year and hope our Key pieces for the future keep getting playing time and keep developing.

I would also add that Fitz is very intelligent and extremely wise (experienced and quite able to apply that experience effectively). In other words, he can make chicken salad with chicken **** consistently. Without those attributes, he'd most likely get sacked, injured and/or be a turnover machine much more often than he is. This also makes him an outstanding mentor for our young stud, Tua.
True!

Still a young team. A young teams w/ loads of talent in places.

you’ll see games like we had on Thursday again this season I’m sure. I also bet we’ll see us get routed at some point, I’m sure they’ll be games where we played well enough to win but there are questionable coaching decisions like In buffalo.

it’s all coming. It’s just part of being such a drastically young team. There will be peaks and there will be valleys however you just want to pin point the growth in specific areas.

let the young guys develop, and to my eye they have so far. Some of em are gonna get picked on certain weeks though. That’s the NFL

this team has game but we are very young and devoid of talent at a few important positions. Just ride the wave this year and hope our Key pieces for the future keep getting playing time and keep developing.

Agree, but I'd put just as much emphasis on HC, OC, DC. The paranoid play calling 2H of the JAX game was more to blame than player talent. And not changing the D to negate crossing patterns? Inept. I'm not arguing the talent is top 5 level, but players play their assignments. Yes, we'll see blown assignments and I expect the OL to be exposed by a top DC at some point. That's part of the growing process. Like everyone here, I want to see improvement. I'll not go suicidal if one game is inept, but I want to see improvement.

If anyone thought we would be good or great is fooling themselves but we are far from a bad team. Progress will be made.

IMO people worry too much about yards given up on defense and not points allowed. Right now we are 12th in the NFL in points allowed per game at 21.7 and 19th in the NFL in points scored per game at 22.7. We definitely have room to improve, but I would consider us more of a middle of the pack team than bad.

Thing is if you get Fitzpatrick in a situation where he's got a 2 score lead and good running game going, he's going to look good. Thats also true for most QBs.

While Fitz might be able to score against Seattle's D, there's no doubt in my mind Seattle will also score at will vs the Fins D and that puts him in a whole different situation.

He will have to either keep up or catch up. Which is not one of his strong suits. As the game goes, the running game will become less of an option no matter how well they're executing.

Long story short, I dont see how the Fins win this game with Fitz throwing the ball 20 times while running it over 40 times. In the end the Fins will need Fitz to outplay Wilson... Very slim odds imo.

Edit: i actually posted this in the wrong thread. I guess my point is Fins are good enough to bury bad teams when they get a strong start vs bottom of the league QBs and they will struggle heavily when they're put in a situation where they have pressure to score. At least when Fitz is starting...

Last edited:
No idea. Are NE and Buffalo really that good? What about the Jags opponents, Tennessee and Indy? Are they that good? Nobody knows at this point. I still think Miami is a good team. We’ll find out a week from Sunday.

No idea. Are NE and Buffalo really that good? What about the Jags opponents, Tennessee and Indy? Are they that good? Nobody knows at this point. I still think Miami is a good team. We’ll find out a week from Sunday.
It's impossible to say, with certainty, how good most teams really are, at this early stage of the season. Of course one could say, for instance, KC is still a top team.

I think calling Miami a "good team" is a bit of a homeristic stretch.........For now, anyway.

Beat Seattle, then perhaps we can revisit the question.

Agree, but I'd put just as much emphasis on HC, OC, DC. The paranoid play calling 2H of the JAX game was more to blame than player talent. And not changing the D to negate crossing patterns? Inept. I'm not arguing the talent is top 5 level, but players play their assignments. Yes, we'll see blown assignments and I expect the OL to be exposed by a top DC at some point. That's part of the growing process. Like everyone here, I want to see improvement. I'll not go suicidal if one game is inept, but I want to see improvement.
Right on friend. The coaching staff is no exception, we’ve seen Gailey turn it around almost pronto since half time of the bills game. Part of me thinks the second half play calling was a learning experience of sort. This team hasn’t had to protect a lead and work the half for a long time. I think they were exposing em to it.

Boyer needs to show he’s getting w/ the program week to week. I expect him to make mistakes I just wanna see him adjust.

I still think we've got major problems on defense. We did a lot of good things on Thursday, but I think we really just confused a young QB who its yet to be seen if he really is a viable starter in the longterm. The short week probably didn't help them. Our defense is still likely to be exploited by stable offenses this league - and even in a blowout our tackling was atrocious and just repeatedly gave the opposing offense 5-10 extra yards on plays that could have been negligible.

We're not as bad as we could have been.

Seattle should beat us... we still lack plus Edge rushers and DVP isn't healthy... but I think we've arrived at average.
Yes Parker isn't healthy but he is still making plays. I'm more worried about X. Howard. He did have an INT but he doesn't look fully healthy in my opinion.

It hard for me judge dolphins because Fitzpatrick is starter. Fitzpatch is going beat some of team belong 500 because of his experience..If Tua was starter it would be easier..

It hard for me judge dolphins because Fitzpatrick is starter. Fitzpatch is going beat some of team belong 500 because of his experience..If Tua was starter it would be easier..
Do you think they win more games with Tua?

It may only be me but I don't think we looked like we had turned a corner against the Jags. It looked like we beat up a bad team. We struggled at time with running the ball when we needed to, receivers getting separation, stopping the run, and we hardly pressured the QB in the first half. Am I wrong? Have we actually figured things out? I'm worried we will get destroyed by Seattle.

We have a developing young team that will continue to improve and add another huge draft in 2021....enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom