Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick.

Isn't this a good reason to have a 3rd QB and save Tua for next year?

Well, if injuries happen along the offensive line, Fitzpatrick goes back in as the starting QB.

Agree to a point..Tua needs to see some action, he needs to get his feet wet and knock off rust..I do believe that he may struggle some at first due to the long time off, but the kid is a winner and can make the throws...Don't wait until Fitz is hurt and throw him to the wolves.. Miami is wasting valuable time in getting him some playing time!!

At this point it’s seems only way he’s going to play is if Fitz is hurt or if we are eliminated from playoff contention.

It would be nice to see him in some read option packages around the goal line or something here n there. If the Saints can take Brees off the field for Hill, I’m sure we can create some things for Tua.

Last edited:
Well, if injuries happen along the offensive line, Fitzpatrick goes back in as the starting QB.

Assuming he has recovered enough.

Didn't Cutler play QB for us against the Patriots with some cracked ribs. As I recall that we won that game.

Of course Gase and Cutler had nothing to do with that win according to many on this board!

This would never happen. Once they switch to Tua it’s over for Fitzpatrick unless Tua sucks. There’s no way they move back to Fitz simply because we had injuries along the offensive line. Everybody on Finheaven needs to come to the realization that Tua is going to get hit, the offensive line is NEVER going to be good enough where he can sit back there and eat a sandwich while he scans the field and delivers a perfect pass to the open guy. They need to make sure they teach him about getting the ball out and self preservation. That’s will be the thing that keeps him healthy not 5 pro bowlers in front of him.

We will see Tua when Coach Flo is ready to play him. I think we see him in games soon in a limited package setting. But I also would not be surprised if we DON'T see him take the field until the last two games of the season.

Getting put in to early has derailed careers more often than riding the bench and there are arguments for both. I personally would be happy to keep Tua on the Bench learning but Flo better be pushing him HARD in practice in the event that Fitz goes down or really stinks up the field - something he has done everywhere he has been.

giphy.gif

This would never happen. Once they switch to Tua it’s over for Fitzpatrick unless Tua sucks. There’s no way they move back to Fitz simply because we had injuries along the offensive line. Everybody on Finheaven needs to come to the realization that Tua is going to get hit, the offensive line is NEVER going to be good enough where he can sit back there and eat a sandwich while he scans the field and delivers a perfect pass to the open guy. They need to make sure they teach him about getting the ball out and self preservation. That’s will be the thing that keeps him healthy not 5 pro bowlers in front of him.

This wasn’t my “plan.” It was basically a sarcastic response to a previous comment. Carry on.

This wasn’t my “plan.” It was basically a sarcastic response to a previous comment. Carry on.

Sorry that the sarcasm was lost on me....Its just that I really wouldn't doubt there are guys that seriously would want to shut him down and bring Fitz back in...
Speaking of which....Kindley is hurting (foot) so I guess if Tua was starting we'd be sitting him down right about now :cheers:

What's the rush? Phins going playoffs? Doubtful. I wouldnt worry anyway because the way players are going down injured in the last few weeks around the league I'd say the chances of seeing Tua by week 10 are quite high.

There's a lot of area between starting him this week and needing to wait for 5 pro bowlers.

The team and medical staff have information that we don't. We never got a preseason or open training camp. Never seen him play.

So if anyone has a very strong stance on exactly when Tua should play...

1yxiot.jpg

So if anyone has a very strong stance on exactly when Tua should play...

View attachment 55974

I agree that having a rock solid stance isn't wise since we aren't in the building and don't have all of the info...that being said....we can speculate ad infinitum so here goes...

If you aren't making the playoffs or SB, then why not get Tua real reps? Aren't we rebuilding? You rebuild with a 37 yr old journeyman QB? I guess if you think Tua will win you games and Fitz will make you tank for better picks since you have a lot of picks next draft....or are you saying Tua is a worse player than Fitz? Because if you tell me he's worse than Fitz, that means you essentially drafted a project at 5 whom may or may not eventually eclipse the journeyman at the NFL level.

If you draft a QB in the top 5, you better believe that I am expecting him to have the talent to beat out a 37 yr old journeyman QB that has played with like 6 or whatever other teams in the here and now, not year(s) later. I get the no real offseason part....but remember that its not like they weren't having meetings during that time. Meetings were on, virtual or not, they are meetings. Now, mini camps were not on....but by now in this weird Covid season, it being week 4, and having had a supposed 'training camp' in the month of August, this is pretty much what he'd get if you are comparing training time give or take a week or 2 minus the pre-season games experience. Not saying Burrow or Herbert are all-world by any stretch of the imagination....however the fact is those dudes are throwing for 300+ yards without preseason games experience in games that count gaining valuable experience along the way...is Tua not up to the task? Yeah, they've been blasted (Burrow), but so will Tua eventually when he's in.

Also on the injury front, we've already got Kindley banged up on Oline and if it gets worse, then what? Just wait for fate to decide on Fitz' health to make the coaches job easier? Wait, what?

I get the Mahomes (pick 10) gist, but the Chiefs were 12-4 and Alex Smith was doing his thing the previous season. We didn't go 12-4 with Fitz last season.

You can mention Rodgers (pick 24) but the guy was backing up Favre and say what you will, Favre is Favre like Marino was Marino here. Fitz is neither.

We aren't drafting a 1st rnd qb next year. Yua is right where he needs to be. On the bench learning from a pro.
Is Tua Learning what to and what not to do because Ryan has NEVER in his Career taken a team to the POs...

Put that in perspective for us???

Back
Top Bottom