Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick.

I'll never compare any young qb to Patrick. That qb is special to the 10th power.

Yeah but there is different levels of process. And that’s the part folks need to understand. A lot of these QBs are taking contact that they shouldn’t because they can’t process the field from the pocket fast enough. SAm darnold was doing it last night. And as a result running for his life.

Tuas not gonna take all this damn contact. That balls coming out. And it’s coming out spot freaking on.

If Mahomes processed at that clip his rookie year in practice I’d be real shocked. That is straight special stuff.

Another ball defeats coverage clip. Ball placement is spot on. There’s not even much separation at the top of the route. Kinda meh. But that balls dead on. Outside shoulder db must go thru the wr to make any play on it.

Of course it’s freaking depth not guys that play on Sundays which is really annoying

Yeah but there is different levels of process. And that’s the part folks need to understand. A lot of these QBs are taking contact that they shouldn’t because they can’t process the field from the pocket fast enough. SAm darnold was doing it last night. And as a result running for his life.

Tuas not gonna take all this damn contact. That balls coming out. And it’s coming out spot freaking on.

If Mahomes processed at that clip his rookie year in practice I’d be real shocked. That is straight special stuff.

I can't really add or take away anything from this.

Good **** hoops and you are spot on. Mahomes is starting to process at a high clip, we have to hope our future can keep up with him.

Another ball defeats coverage clip. Ball placement is spot on. There’s not even much separation at the top of the route. Kinda meh. But that balls dead on. Outside shoulder db must go thru the wr to make any play on it.

Of course it’s freaking depth not guys that play on Sundays which is really annoying

Yeah all these videos are from Training Camp.

I mean I agree just play the guy but until Fitzpatrick shits the bed they won’t change

Fitzpatrick just played a really good game so he might earn a longer leash but this would be the perfect game to play Tua with a horrible defense

Amen. This oline is good enough for tua to play and that was really the only reason to sit tua.

Heck this oline awareness wise may be the best we’ve had in more than a decade

I doubt it.

The move from college to the NFL is a HUGE change in the level of defenses a QB faces. This is one of the areas where NFL experience comes in, along with being able to read a defense more quickly and more accurately. Only real time experience will help develop those skills. We have the time to let Tua start this transition while being a backup to Fitzpatrick. Remember, Tua still needs to learn about our players and offensive system. Next year there may be another 20 new players on our team and Tua will need to learn the new offensive players from scratch.

Lets keep our cool, Fritz is actually playing lights out, and allowing Tua to go through a normal preseason along with what he learns this year will be invaluable for a future "QB of the decade". The first 4 to 6 games he plays in will be a learning experience. Lets put him in the best position to learn, which for me means his being the backup this year and being the starter coming into camp next year. This is the BEST POSSIBLE SENARIO for Tua to have. I hope he is counting his blessings right now. Next year I expect many of the Tua supporters will be calling for his head after the first 6 games because ROOKIES have a learning curve the first time they step on the field.

Lets develop and use this asset in a way that benefits the team and the player, not a bunch of fans, many who are more worried about their fantasy football status then our player.

I started replying here but really don’t know what to say. So we’d know everything we would need to know about Tua in 14 games and potentially move on in next years draft?

Do you mean get another potential hall of fame QB?

No time like the present. This offensive line looks exceedingly competent when it comes to pass blocking. What if we wait 5-6 more weeks before Tua gets in, and by then we’ve sustained injuries along the line?

Isn't this a good reason to have a 3rd QB and save Tua for next year?

Define poorly? As of right now, he's 30th in rating(78) and 24th in YPA(6.7)...

Poorly: Not having a team play competitively or keep getting better.

Dolphins current status: The Dolphins were more competitive the first two games then many posters believed, based on those other teams performance in their other two games. The Dolphins won their third game in solid control.

This is not a team doing poorly!

Back
Top Bottom