Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis

oh we will have a big season! we will suprise! Nick Saban is our coach! we went 3-3 in feeley last games. we will suprise! 10-6 baby!

i never buy street aand smith, i especially wont now, booker at 3?? give me a break. ill stick to lindys.

fishfan34 said:
These people know nothing. They have no clue what we are going to do here offensively, defensively. They have no information about player development or slotting. They only report on what they saw last year or what their own opinion is based on previous CRAP!!!.. I have no need for any of thse "Pre-Season" mags.. We will be what we'll be, a team with a new coaching staff, new players at certain positions, ? marks at others, and a new head coach to pull it all together next year and the next few years to come.. but until we get on the field and play, no one has a clue what we do or don't have, who will or will not be a downgrade in Saban's defense, and what receivers will or will not blossom in Linehan's offense.. thanks for the info though Nub.. i'm not shooting the messenger.. just mad as heck at their opinions, and it's not just because i'm being a homer, I just respectfully disagree..

That;s most of the explanation. It's just a thin report on all of the teams. They ballpark their ideas based on how the team was last year, some of the big news they've heard, and how teams usually take time to rebound. I think we are in a unique situation and will rebound faster than usual. Chargers? Posssibly but that's optimistic...but definitely not your traditional doormat team here.

only points i'd really disagree with are 3, 8, 11 and maybe 12

As with most of these magazines, we need to take what they say with a grain of salt. I for one, think that though we did suck last year it was because we underachieved. We got off to a bad start, and it spiraled down from there. I won't even get into our coaches and system. Considering every team, If I was doing the writing, I would rank us somewhere in the middle. That could go up or down depending upon how our guys learn the new system, and how our QB's play. However, as a Phin fan and homer, I view us as kind of a sleeping giant. If we can get decent play from our QB spot, I think we may surprise.

WitheringPlant said:
True there are a couple stupid predictions, but most of it seems fairly accurate.

I tend to agree with you.

THis analysis is based on last year... which was abnormal for this franchise.. even with wanny blunders if the team had a stud rb and boston last year they would have gone 8-8... So screw them!

those magazines always throw in a bunch of "we know thats" and other "safe" calls with a few controversial picks. that way, when they get 1 out of 20 crazy statements correct, they can say they are good at predicting outcomes. the only comment that really surprises me is Booker is not that good and will be replaced by Thompson...that's pretty random.
honestly though, I think with all the significant changes our team is going through (including totally revamped offensive and defensive schemes) we can fairly expect a rocky season where things will look exceptional at times, and ugly at others. like marino's recent comments, I agree we have to be patient and let things develop. this season will be very successful in my eyes if we finish 8-8, which should get us out of the basement in the AFC East and into the top 20. getting to .500 will convince the players that the system will work, and in a season or two we could be primed for a run

I usually buy the Pro Football Weekly and The Sporting News previews. Lindy's is good also, but after a while, they all really say the same stuff. At 7 bucks a pop, I really don't need to spend 20 bucks on preview magazines.

BTW, Pro Football Weekly has us going 4-12 again. I have no problem with that. It just means theres no pressure on us to win and everything good that we do is a positive.

enigmatics said:
No offense, but these people DO know things. That's why they're in the business, putting out magazines and their access to teams and what's happening is alot more than I can say for the majority of us. I'm not going to sit there and say I agree with them, but c'mon - it's possible. Your optimism with the team has nothing to do with anything other than it's your team. It's the homer in your that blatantly wants to disagree.

As you said, nobody really knows what the seasons holds. Surely there are at least some indicators. But, you cannot chastize somebody for their opinion if you fully believe that logic as you have stated.

I'll bet you a thousand dollars they didn't call Drew Brees a probowl QB and give a 12-4 record to the Chargers last year before the season started. I don't think they do anything more then draw their info from the previous year. If they are wrong then the Fins had an unexpected turn around if they are right then they look like they know what they are talking about. Either way they don't exactly go out on a limb to predict our season.

The guys at ESPN are televised, and they are the biggest idiot's in the media. They will say a team sucks just because they don't like the team....great reporting fat boy Berman. Still, every Sunday there they are. The media for the most part has less of clue then the fans because the media can't cover every team they concentrate their efforts on the teams projected to win, but loyal fans dig for every piece of info they can get. I think the media spends far more time gathering info on NE then they do Arizona, so how can they know what a team has planned for the season. Besides every year a team or two seems to come out of nowhere to play above the media's perception. I have little faith in the media, I buy the mags to get the facts of individual players like scouting reports but I pay no aatention to their predictions.

Let's all think about this for a second.....

How many years now have the Miami Dolphins been overrated by these various publications??? It seems like every year, these guys were kissing our rears, and giving us very high marks. Undeserved high marks actually....

When it's all said and done, we've never lived up to the hype these guys seem to so easily give us every year. Well, now things have finally changed, and they no longer give us the same respect. I have no problem with being ranked last in the AFC East. In fact, that's right where we belong with all of the changes we've made this off-season.....

How long has it been since the Miami Dolphins were true underdogs going into a season???....We should thank these guys for ranking us so low, it gives us more fuel for the fire, and an extra added incentive to prove them wrong. I'm happy being the underdog for a change....

This team is being ranked last, but I have a strong feeling we'll be in the AFCE race right down to the wire when all is said and done....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Every year I go shopping with the wife once leading up to the season and read those rags for free. Two things I agree with, they have historically overated us and they all pretty much read the same. I think it may take a year to contend for a playoff spot but we should see alot of improvement this year

feelthepain said:
I'll bet you a thousand dollars they didn't call Drew Brees a probowl QB and give a 12-4 record to the Chargers last year before the season started. I don't think they do anything more then draw their info from the previous year. If they are wrong then the Fins had an unexpected turn around if they are right then they look like they know what they are talking about. Either way they don't exactly go out on a limb to predict our season.

Sorry, but no. Who in the free world knew the Chargers were going to finish at 12-4 and a man named Brees would transform from pure garbage to pure pro bowl????? Did you also know an unknown, undrafted basketball player from Kent St. named Antonio Gates would set the NFL on fire at the TE position? That's a terrible example. And they don't have to go out on a limb. They're evidently skeptical of some of our player personnel movements, not necessarily of our coaching staff. Guys like Kevin Carter, Stockar McDougle, David Boston, Vonnie Holliday........these were at one point big names in football, however they're all older now and most of them still have something to prove when it comes to what football is left in them or in McDougle's & Boston's cases, can they achieve their potential?

feelthepain said:
The guys at ESPN are televised, and they are the biggest idiot's in the media. They will say a team sucks just because they don't like the team....great reporting fat boy Berman. Still, every Sunday there they are. The media for the most part has less of clue then the fans because the media can't cover every team they concentrate their efforts on the teams projected to win, but loyal fans dig for every piece of info they can get. I think the media spends far more time gathering info on NE then they do Arizona, so how can they know what a team has planned for the season. Besides every year a team or two seems to come out of nowhere to play above the media's perception. I have little faith in the media, I buy the mags to get the facts of individual players like scouting reports but I pay no aatention to their predictions.

Honestly are you going to whine about that? Let's just pretend for a moment they absolutely loved the Fins. I put money on it that your heart would never bleed for those poor Arizona Cardinals fans whom ESPN mentions nothing. There's a reason teams like the Pats and the Eagles and the 49'ers back in the late 80's early 90's is and were covered so much - THEY WERE WINNING!!!!! It's not rocket science chief. Do you actually think the majority of the viewing audience for both ESPN and alot of other sports shows and publications would actually give a f*ck about the Fins? No. Be reasonable.

The way you turn your head to other people's predictions is so hypocritical. The way some of you condemn these predictions coming out is hysterical. Practically all the media coverages from magazines to TV have 10 times more outlet to information and access to teams than any of us.

Back
Top Bottom