Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis

Nublar7 said:
I laughed at that also. The second sentence saying he will probably be pushed out of the #2 spot, possibly by Thompson made me almost fall on the floor. :lol:
all because he nabbed that catch against the patsies. One swallow dont make a summer. Booker's better.

I use to spend a fortune on those publications because I was starved for information.Now that we have the internet I get better information from websites such as Finheaven.I havent bought a magazine for years now.

Nublar7 said:
Street & Smith released their 2005 Pro Football Preview book today. They were not too kind to us, but here is some of the highlights they give on us(I don't not agree with most of these statements, I am just writing what they have):

1. Predicted to be 4th in AFC EAST.
2. Gives us a grade of 76, which ranks as 25th in the league.
3. They predict Gus Frerotte to win the QB job.
4. States Sammy Morris and Lamar Gordon are nothing more then just average backups.
5. Ronnie Brown is going to be a great back, and they have him as the 2nd best rookie to wach this season behind Carnell.
6. McMichael is one of the best TEs in the game and rival's Gonzalez and Heap.
7. Chambers is a very good player who could breakout this season.
8. They state that Booker is not very good and could lose out to Derrius Thompson. :rolleyes:
9. Other then Jeno James, no real Offensive Lineman.
10. Vernon Carey won't start.
11. Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday NOT suited for a 3-4 defense. :rolleyes:
12. Tillman and Jones are downgrade at saftey.
13. Even though Defense is aging, could have still be very good.
14. Welker is an amazing special-teams player.
15. Saban was the right man for the job.

AFC EAST Rankings of note:

Best Reciever: Chris Chambers
Special-teams warrior: Wes Welker
Best Intellect: Jason Taylor

1. probably, but you never know, I think it will be between Buffalo and Miami
2. disagree, I figure miami will probably go 8-8 hopefully, so like 18th,20th or middle of the pack
3. I hope it's Feeley, but it could be ferrote
4. True
5. agree
6. true
7. agree
8.disagree
9. probably true
10. ditto
11.disagree
12. hope not, but probably is true
13. agree
14. true, considering his versatility
15. agree
the rest agree

enigmatics said:
Exactamundo. That's why it's stupid to get into this hypothetical debate of who knows more about the NFL, some magazine writer or some fan forum enthusiast.

I was just leaving a point about the Eric Moulds, Chambers deal, I said my point that was it, I wasn't planning on saying anything else or to make a big issue about it. You should tell the other forum people that, who were agruing back and forth on the thread about who will do better miami or buffalo, thats obviously all speculation. theres another forum where literally a jets fan and miami fan were arguing back and forth about who was right or not...it just those two, no one else, they filled up a whole page, it was kinda funny because of how they were acting, but also was pretty ridiculous also

Just goes to show you that you don't have to be a genius to write a magazine. If anyone has any old mags.....look at what the wrote about SD, Pitt & Atl last season....way off!

cltchperf said:
I was just leaving a point about the Eric Moulds, Chambers deal, I said my point that was it, I wasn't planning on saying anything else or to make a big issue about it. You should tell the other forum people that, who were agruing back and forth on the thread about who will do better miami or buffalo, thats obviously all speculation. theres another forum where literally a jets fan and miami fan were arguing back and forth about who was right or not...it just those two, no one else, they filled up a whole page, it was kinda funny because of how they were acting, but also was pretty ridiculous also

LOL.......there's never a more dead-ending coversation than two forum fans talking about who's going to have the better season, unless one team was the defending SuperBowl Champions and one was a cellar dwellar. That's why I wish all Dolphins fans would chill. Have some optimism, but we're in no position to be talkin' smack to other franchises just yet.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
Just goes to show you that you don't have to be a genius to write a magazine. If anyone has any old mags.....look at what the wrote about SD, Pitt & Atl last season....way off!

Again, no man on this planet knew Drew Brees and Ben Rothlisberger would both have unbelieveable seasons, making it possible for those respective teams to get as far as they did. That's a terrible example.

If you did, then I salute you Miss Cleo.

FinzManiac said:
That's right if he signs Law we have to fire Saban IMMEDIATELY! :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

Um ya, you obviously dont know what is available in FA next offseason, do you? Why ditch Surtain, to sign another cover corner for the same amount of money. that would be stupid, because in all fairness, we didnt exactly get what Surtain was actually worth, since the CB market was flooded.

So, if he is going to blow the team up, and rebuild, why do a move. because he is desperate, and found out you guys are thinking 10 wins, and he dont wont the stadium booing at him. Because, you all seem to think, one man can make this team a SB contender. If he dont stick to his guns, and blow it up right, have 25 million going into next offseason, then he is wishy washy just like Dave. Do you want that for the next 4 years?

If he does it right, and just takes what he can get this season, so be it. Otherwise, he is desperate.

See, for you to understand such a thing, you must have foresight, which you dont. I understand your ignorant, and that is fine. But, think before you speak.

How many FA we sign this offseason, that werent one year or two year deals? he is blowing up the team. He drafted replacements for JT and Zach, he is blowing up the team! Why sign Law? DESPERATION = wanny! If he doesn't = GOOD.

Get a clue, before you speak.

Back
Top Bottom