Strip sack fumble = bad play call by the Miami coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strip sack fumble = bad play call by the Miami coaches

I have no problem with a pass called there. The type of pass play call I question. It was terrible. A roll out. A short throw to the running back since they were crowding the line. Just the wrong call at the wrong time. Lost the game against Arizona last year like that. Remember?

It's a terrible play call that was both umerited given the game situation and ill advised given the incompetent player (s) it exposed at a crucial time. There are times when being aggressive pays off, and overall I am an aggressive fan, but there are some times when you have to weigh the positives/negatives of an aggressive playcall, realize the potential reward is far less than the potential negative, realize the high likelihood of the negative play happening given your OL's poor pass blocking and your QB's tendency to exacerbate that, and just say no.

Philbin and Sherman coach every game like they have the best Green Bay Packer's squads throughout the years, nevermind that even in GB's best years they had a tendency to lose games they could have won due to extreme aggression in the passing game that backfired.

Yes, the whole concept to throw the ball, not a bad call. But a tiny dropback with a slow developing play, with no double team on Mario Williams? Terrible call. Tanny does need to get rid of that quicker though as well.

Say hello to 6 & 10
Oh, and Brady putting a 40 spot on the Fins next week.
Poor coaching and poor execution.
Can't believe Tannehill got up after the first hit. He's either super tough or has a concussion.
Shula would have called time out and cut the lineman on the spot if Marino or Griese would've been hit like that.

Tannehill has an open receiver up the middle that he needed to see. Break off your first read and make that throw, he has to have the vision to make the play and he didn't. Our OL isn't very good, but that last one he had the time to make the play and he didn't. 100% on Tannehill not the playcall.

Terrible play calling by Sherman. You know Clabo sucks donkey balls, so why the **** are you throwing it? We have the lead. Run the damn ball you ****ing idiot.

Tannehill has an open receiver up the middle that he needed to see. Break off your first read and make that throw, he has to have the vision to make the play and he didn't. Our OL isn't very good, but that last one he had the time to make the play and he didn't. 100% on Tannehill not the playcall.
And really we have no idea how often that's the case when he's been sacked. Could be almost never, almost always, or somewhere in between.

How about not even challenging the Wallace CATCH!!!

It was the right call NOT to challenge it. It was ruled an incomplete on the field (so the benefit of the doubt is AGAINST them) and it was a close game where we would probably need the time outs (which we did).

The staff had more than enough time to review it and challenge it if they thought we would have won... it was the right call not to challenge it.

Tannehill sucks. When he runs he looks like an idiot, when he just stands there he looks like an idiot, he stares receivers down, he throws ball no matter how covered, he double pumps because he in completely unconfident, he never wants to run to save a broken play, defensive players just touch their hand anywhere near the tannehills hands and it fumbleshoots out always five yards aways from him, he has no leadership qualities, I could go on and on and on and on, and we are stuck with this crap

Make the other team beat you. It's that simple. To pass in that situation without any help for Clabo on Williams is just not smart at all. We had no business passing at all. Run, milk clock and if forced punt the ball and let their offense try to go the long field to beat you. If we did that we'd be 4-2.

Agreed. But you saw what Mario Williams did to Tannehill when he ATTEMPTED a second read. With this OLine all you get is one read...

Agree 100% . I posted something similar to this thread. just jaw dropping when the game is on the line to put your worst player 1-1 against the best pass rusher in the league and not happy with that lets put the ball near Williams and call a 3 step drop. beyond belief.

Thank you Mario. Two Big sacks at the end of the game. Drive before and the strip sack.

Side note Kyle Williams I know you are a DT but damn show some athleticism and pick that ball up

Your team sucks lol. As far as I'm concerned, yall just bought your selves a lower value draft pick with the fluke win.

Billsfan if Williams picks it up and runs 20 yards we would have more time, likely having the opportunity to win the game rather than freak out and go into panic mode.

Speaking of panic mode, why when all the Bills DBs are in the end zone with 6 seconds left on our 46 did we not throw short and get the first down and get out of bounds for a chance to win with a long FG? Boggled my mind to see the field with no defense and we didn't use that against them! Our game intelligence from top to bottom has been poor, especially lately. I just wish our coaches wouldn't be so obnoxiously arrogant in there play calling, please learn from your mistakes or learn from the best offenses in the league and install plays they run. Our creativity is so mediocre and is as boring as a Philbin presser!

Back
Top Bottom