Strong opinion sports on Rosen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong opinion sports on Rosen

Let's not be ridiculous. There's no Tua cult. There's a widely held belief that Tua is the best prospect since Luck.
There is a Tua cult. There is a difference between
- believing that Tua is the best prospect since Luck and if we have to draft a QB it should be Tua yet hopes that Rosen could be the guy and hopes that he may develop into that guy and
- someone who thinks that Tua is the messiah of NFL football and he makes all our pains and aches go away to the point that the person has to root for us to be bad, Rosen has to suck and evaluation of the Miami Dolphins takes a back seat.

The latter is a cult.

That was a great video. Thanks for posting.

Really found the play where Rosen audibled from the run play to a pass and the WRs weren’t even paying attention quite interesting. Seems like someone needs to wake these WRs the F up. Hopefully we get a good dose of Ford to let them know they can get replaced quickly.

That was a great video. Thanks for posting.

Really found the play where Rosen audibled from the run play to a pass and the WRs weren’t even paying attention quite interesting. Seems like someone needs to wake these WRs the F up. Hopefully we get a good dose of Ford to let them know they can get replaced quickly.

They don’t look for the ball and when they do, they just drop it. Perhaps that’s why they aren’t looking.

Perhaps, if you are talking running ability. Maybe a slightly stronger arm as well, but the delivery certainly wasn't better.

You have to look deeper than raw athleticism with QBs. Pocket awareness, quickly making reads, and going through progressions on time is far more important.

Nobody is going to acuse Brady, or P. Manning of being paticularly good atheletes (by NFL standards), but are they not the "gold standard" of pocket passers in recent history?

It's still mind boggling how immobile Tannehill was in the pocket with all his raw atheleticism. They guy played reciever and manage to make Marino look more manuerable in the pocket....Lead feet!

BTW, Something he still showed during the preseason games with the Titans.

It's still mind boggling how immobile Tannehill was in the pocket with all his raw atheleticism. They guy played reciever and manage to make Marino look more manuerable in the pocket....Lead feet!

BTW, Something he still showed during the preseason games with the Titans.
Pocket presence can only be taught up to a certain point. The rest has to be natural ability.

But let's not make this a Tannehill thread.

Are you saying they are running away from the ball thinking "oh god, please don't throw the ball to me. Please don't. Look, I am not even looking."
:lol:
Wouldn’t that be hilarious? “Please don’t throw to me. I don’t want to embarrass myself on TV”!

I really like this guy. I was about to ask if anyone knew who he was - can’t believe he’s just in college. I ****ing knew that on-side kick was good!
It was really good. He actually analyzed Rosen the way coaches will evaluate him (beyond the pure numbers).

There is a Tua cult. There is a difference between
- believing that Tua is the best prospect since Luck and if we have to draft a QB it should be Tua yet hopes that Rosen could be the guy and hopes that he may develop into that guy and
- someone who thinks that Tua is the messiah of NFL football and he makes all our pains and aches go away to the point that the person has to root for us to be bad, Rosen has to suck and evaluation of the Miami Dolphins takes a back seat.

The latter is a cult.

Tua is more highly regarded than Rosen. If the analysts are correct, we're on track to land one of the best QBs of this century. Rosen is expendable in that scenario.

I for one am rooting for a strong QB competition next year. Steel sharpens steel, and Rosen will get the job if he deserves it.

Pocket presence can only be taught up to a certain point. The rest has to be natural ability.

But let's not make this a Tannehill thread.

In that case I've been extremely impressed with Rosens pocket precense and mobility. It's a shame the kid has to run for his life so much. One thing i saw also in hesistency in some of his throws. It's almost like he sees it but doubts what he sees and holds on to the ball. It happened a couple of times in the game.

Back
Top Bottom