Stupid Rumors And Dumb Opinions About What The Dolphins Will Or Should Do Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid Rumors And Dumb Opinions About What The Dolphins Will Or Should Do Thread

There are going to be a lot of them as FA continues, the draft approaches, and then still some off season left after that to make things up for clicks. I will start, but I am sure there will be no shortage of material over the next 2-3 months:

I just wanted to point out how much more enjoyable your threads have become.

I agree with Klatt, Penix would be a better fit for our offense. Penix has a stronger arm and is just as accurate as Tua if not more so especially on deep throws, Tua doesnt have the arm strength to make those throws. Hill almost always has to slow down which gives the defense an opportunity to contest the catch. Penix is no Lamar Jackson by any means but he is definitely more mobile than Tua and he is 2 inches taller giving him a better opportunity to scan the field.

Also Tua has yet to win a big game against a good team. I guess you could say the victory over the Cowboys on Christmas day is his biggest victory to date in which Sanders made 5 FG's. He was a no show against Ravens, Bills and Chiefs.
Didn't your thread with this same crap get sent to the locker?

I agree with Klatt, Penix would be a better fit for our offense. Penix has a stronger arm and is just as accurate as Tua if not more so especially on deep throws, Tua doesnt have the arm strength to make those throws. Hill almost always has to slow down which gives the defense an opportunity to contest the catch. Penix is no Lamar Jackson by any means but he is definitely more mobile than Tua and he is 2 inches taller giving him a better opportunity to scan the field.

Also Tua has yet to win a big game against a good team. I guess you could say the victory over the Cowboys on Christmas day is his biggest victory to date in which Sanders made 5 FG's. He was a no show against Ravens, Bills and Chiefs.
JaMarcus Russell 2.0 incoming.

It’s almost like this dude didn’t watch a single game…

Tua not a fit? The offense is all about quick release/anticipation/accuracy… all things Tua is elite at. Guy watched some highlights from 2022 and thinks that’s the case. Tua hit deep balls in stride almost perfectly. Had two underthrows vs Washington and in the chiefs playoffs with 30 mph winds and -30 degrees.

Show me these passes not in stride?…

I think Joel Klatt is about as good covering college football as Mad Dog Russo. I wonder if he even watches many of the games or players he talks about. Hung up way too much on the Big 10 and doesn't give the SEC credit for being the best conference in CFB since I was in high school. My guess is that he has a UW connection and wants to push their players i.e. Penix. I like the UW QB a lot but stop with the replacing Tua with him nonsense.

What big game has Penix won?

Also, how about his injury history? A twice-torn ACL. Shoulder separations. 4 college seasons ended with season-ending injuries.

There are going to be a lot of them as FA continues, the draft approaches, and then still some off season left after that to make things up for clicks. I will start, but I am sure there will be no shortage of material over the next 2-3 months:

If it's buy or sell, I'm not buying that one!

What big game has Penix won?

Also, how about his injury history? A twice-torn ACL. Shoulder separations. 4 college seasons ended with season-ending injuries.
Yeah, good points. I remember not thinking that much of Ohio State QB's and thinking CJ Stroud was just another in a long line of system QB's who wouldn't be good pros. Then I saw what he did against a great Georgia defense in the CFB. I was blown away by the arm, the athleticism and the play making.

Contrast that with Penix's performance in the national championship game vs a Michigan defense which wasn't as good as the Georgia defense that Stroud faced. Penix had probably his worst game of the year.

I think Penix is a good QB but not good enough to be picked top 10 and certainly not good enough to replace Tua.

Until his top 5 offense faces a good team and then it turns into dogshit!

I don’t know if you’ve watched the Dolphins for the past 20 years, or even the NFL in general, but after a 16-17 game season playing against NFL defenses, if you have an offense that’s ranked inside the top 5 of the entire league, it means that you legit have a pretty damn good
offense and offensive coordinator.

McD would be the first to say that this offense isn’t where he wants it yet, and that he still has room to grow as a play caller, but I’ll go ahead and be excited about what we’ve seen offensively since McD took the job and look forward to season 3 of the McD era.

what do you think the dolphins think? the only thing that matters is what grier, ross, and mcdaniel believe. in my view, they seem to love tua, and are telling everyone they want to give him a big long term deal, so no chance in hell this happens. that is why i deemed it a completely stupid rumor/opinion. not to mention, if nothing changes, at this point they probably need to draft a guard with that first pick

We should lock down the rest of the forum and only allow guys like Ryan, VAfins and gofins to post in this thread. It's the perfect thread for them

I'm not a Tua is God guy, but the 21 point 4th Qtr comeback against the Ravens in Baltimore in 2022 was pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom