Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game.

MischiefDolphin said:
I was watching the game when I hear my GF talking on the phone. I politely close the door. She opens the door again to get a glass of water and she is stil on the phone. She goes back into the other room and agian leaves the door open. I again close it. This happens a number of times over the course of the game and I an getting pissed.

She then comes out and mutters something about her mother to which I respond "I don't care about your stupid *** mother's life".

She had the phone out to me. What she said was "DO you want to talk to my mom."

Yeah. Her mom heard me.

Ouch
Well it was only a GF Mom luckly.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

knight6jb said:
Ya so...... I am taking this advantage of this thread. I have never had any real problems with gf's and my football, my ex used to get mad when I would ignore her during games, but my gf now doesnt really care much when I watch. She is a dolphins fan and went to Miami with me for my first Joe Robbie game, but isnt a huge football fan. So I told her to read this thread and warned her if I am ever a prick during a game to not take to much offense to it, b/c it could be worse. And then we made a deal. We have been dating a while and have been living together for about a year, and plan on marrying. So I told her when we graduate college, she watches games with me but doesnt bug me about anything other then football, then afterwards she can go shopping for a little while as long as we win. I forget who posted it but someone said they just send their wife shopping when sundays come around, but when we loss, and she spends a sh*tload of money, and it pissed him off. So I came up with this, in my eyes, its win win, my girl watches the games with me (which I want) If the fins win (I am happy) and she is happy cuz she gets to buy herself stuff. Thanx guys!:lol:

That's like positive re-enforcement training for your lady. Good plan - unless she really likes to spend. Might want to put some sort of numerical limit on that shopping spree.:lol::lol::lol:

finswin56 said:
My wife and I have been together dating/married for 9 years. She understands that when the Fins are on to just walk away. Never said anything stupid because she doesn't give me the opportunity.

But, there was a nice family issue revolving around the Dolphins.

January 5th, 1991
I have 2 older sisters. The oldest is crazy about the Fins, the other could care less.
The "other" decideds to get married on the above mentioned date. Marino vs. Montana, playoff classic.
Long story short... My oldest sister, my dad and I spent the entire reception huddled around the tv catching crap from everyone there. We didn't blink until it was over. Family sickness.

Can you adopt me?

burger13 said:
Well.....not really "to" my wife......but said in front of her whole family.

I was at her house (we were engaged at the time) for Thanksgiving 2003 - Dolphins vs Cowboys. A huge game for me because one of my best friends AND my two older brothers are all Cowboy fans.

They serve dinner right at the beginning of the game, but per my prior demands, I was set up directly in front of the TV, so I was cool with that......so I'm heading back form the main table with my first helping when a Dolphin fumbles (forget who, but it wound up not being a turnover).........so when it happens I yell "JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!"

I turn to sit and see my wife and her sister sitting there with their jaws dropped.....turns out that I failed to realize that her father was in the middle of saying grace right when I yelled......I turn around to see everyone staring at me and her father just says "Amen".

:rofl:

I can't think of the dumbest thing I've said during a football game right now (don't worry, it will surely come to me later), but I did say this during the Pistons-Heat game 7 the other night, which is close enough for the purposes of this thread.

I was watching the game intently, and my wife was making a futile attempt at conversation. I was trying to tell her to just leave me alone for the time being. She teased me with "don't you love me?" I responded, "I love you, but..." and someone made a big play and I never finished the sentence.

So, of course, "I love you, but..." has become a catchphrase in our home now.

DOLBET said:
No wonder some of you guys are divorced. You don't treat your woman right, some are bordering to abuse. All you have to do is have a sit down and have a talk with her, give her choices like this:

I can only watch/follow one sports team... which one??

1. Baseball - 160 games

2. Basketball 82 games

3. Hockey - 60??

4. Football - 16 games

I promise you that your lady will pick football because you will explain to her that by watching football, you will be spending more time with her than if you are watching any other sports. That will work if you watch only football... If you follow more than one sport then, you are screwed.. :D

Welcome Dr. Phil

Demented Dolfan said:
You are so screwed! Never ever get Married during football season unless it's on a Wednesday!

I got married in August. No football, no hoops and baseball hasn't really hit the pennant stretch yet. :)

spydertl79 said:
Sex during a game isn't out of the realm of possibility for me as long as I can leave the TV on...

Uh, hello, that's what TiVo is for! Pause the game, get it on, and come back out. Best of all, you can fast forward through commercials. So basically, you're living the dream of every guy in history: having sex during the commercials.

NaboCane said:
"Honey, I'd give up your life for a touchdown here."

I once had this exchange with my friend Sal...
Phil: If the Dolphins made the Super Bowl, I'd sell my sister into slavery for tickets.
Sal: Phil, you'd sell your sister into slavery for a Big Mac and fries.

My wife knows what a nut i am
Named my daughter and son after phins players.
im left alone during dolphins games, and even though she never been big on team sports she tries to sit and watch it with me.. after about a quarter she ussaly gets up and goes to the other room and used the computer. When ever we lose she actully consols me and is like "wow that sucks, it was close also" , but when ever she wants to urk me she throws in "well thats cause the dolphins suck" and i give her a glair and she starts cracking up.

she also does this with the heat.

Slappy8800 said:
maybe its just me, but id go to the beach and watch my girl in her tiny lil bathing suit and lsiten to the game on the radio....again JMO
Nah... time to buy one of those lil portable TV's... Go to the beach watch the skimpy bathing suit and WATCH the phins!

Slappy8800 said:
maybe its just me, but id go to the beach and watch my girl in her tiny lil bathing suit and lsiten to the game on the radio....again JMO

no way man.. you can go to the beach any day of the year down here in south florida.. why go when the game is on.. go after the game.. go saturday.. so during the week.

I was visiting NY and a long distance gf. We ended up going to that stinking meltdown game on Monday night:fire: ! She; thru some genetic mistake or something was a jest fan :shakeno: , great first half, I didn't even gloat too much. Then comes the meltdown and I'm just getting ripped to shreds by the other fans as well as the gf. At some point during the OT, she asks when and where she should plan her next vacation.

My reply "Anywhere you want, just make sure I'm not there"

Disturbingly silent ride home. Needless to say, no longer with her.

DrAstroZoom said:
I also have a well-informed Fin fan wife. It got ugly last year, when her and I found ourselves on opposite sides of the Fiedler/Feeley debate. Read more here.

All of the comments on this thread were hilarious, I especially like Dr.Zoom's story.... being a Mom of 3 sons (l is a Fin Fan, l is a GB & Fin Fan and the other would rather be hunting (deer that is) But this post really gave me the giggles, sounds very close to home...altho I do try to keep informed:lol:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I would and have given up sex to watch the Dolphins.

So would I. There's 6 other days in the week for some action. Just get it all now before the season starts. :lol:

Slappy8800 said:
you must still be a virgin then

Far, far from it.

Back
Top Bottom