Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game.

My wife and I have been together dating/married for 9 years. She understands that when the Fins are on to just walk away. Never said anything stupid because she doesn't give me the opportunity.

But, there was a nice family issue revolving around the Dolphins.

January 5th, 1991
I have 2 older sisters. The oldest is crazy about the Fins, the other could care less.
The "other" decideds to get married on the above mentioned date. Marino vs. Montana, playoff classic.
Long story short... My oldest sister, my dad and I spent the entire reception huddled around the tv catching crap from everyone there. We didn't blink until it was over. Family sickness.

finswin56 said:
My wife and I have been together dating/married for 9 years. She understands that when the Fins are on to just walk away. Never said anything stupid because she doesn't give me the opportunity.

But, there was a nice family issue revolving around the Dolphins.

January 5th, 1991
I have 2 older sisters. The oldest is crazy about the Fins, the other could care less.
The "other" decideds to get married on the above mentioned date. Marino vs. Montana, playoff classic.
Long story short... My oldest sister, my dad and I spent the entire reception huddled around the tv catching crap from everyone there. We didn't blink until it was over. Family sickness.

i had a similar situation in 98 when the yanks were in the WS....a wedding was on the day the Yanks won...however my whole family are yankees fans so all 200+ guests were huddled around the TV at the bar

Slappy8800 said:
maybe its just me, but id go to the beach and watch my girl in her tiny lil bathing suit and lsiten to the game on the radio....again JMO

not much of a football fan, are u?

I would and have given up sex to watch the Dolphins.

mine was easily the Leon Lett game on turkey day '93 in front of a past girlfriend who was an insane Cowboys fan (and, coincidentally, an insane drunk)

it wasn't so much that i said anything stupid in particular... just that she had been teasing me all game (all season, really, after Marino got hurt)... but, she was so pissed-drunk pissed, that the explanation of the Leon Lett rule completely baffled her and sent her into a violent rage ...

"well that's the stupidest gawd d*** M*****F****** piece of s*** thing i've ever heard?... wait, what?.... we won, right?... we had to win, we blocked the m***f**** kick!!!!!!!!!!!.... stop saying you won.... well f** y** ya F***** son of a *********** @#^%@#^%!@)(#*!@#%^!@$"

this went on for days... months, when shown on replays all offseason....

pants-peeing-ly hilarious.... i do wonder what that nutbag is doing these days...

(on a side note, didn't Keith Byars go 80 yards in that game?)

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
not much of a football fan, are u?

I would and have given up sex to watch the Dolphins.

you must still be a virgin then

No wonder some of you guys are divorced. You don't treat your woman right, some are bordering to abuse. All you have to do is have a sit down and have a talk with her, give her choices like this:

I can only watch/follow one sports team... which one??

1. Baseball - 160 games

2. Basketball 82 games

3. Hockey - 60??

4. Football - 16 games

I promise you that your lady will pick football because you will explain to her that by watching football, you will be spending more time with her than if you are watching any other sports. That will work if you watch only football... If you follow more than one sport then, you are screwed.. :D

DOLBET said:
No wonder some of you guys are divorced. You don't treat your woman right, some are bordering to abuse. All you have to do is have a sit down and have a talk with her, give her choices like this:

I can only watch/follow one sports team... which one??

1. Baseball - 160 games

2. Basketball 82 games

3. Hockey - 60??

4. Football - 16 games

I promise you that your lady will pick football because you will explain to her that by watching football, you will be spending more time with her than if you are watching any other sports. That will work if you watch only football... If you follow more than one sport then, you are screwed.. :D

This is the reason I go to the sports bar, like i said previously. There is no explaining why we have to watch football. Women dont understand the "commitment" to something other then them. they think they have to be on the top of the "food chain". Thank god for great sports bars.

It should be obvious, and need no explaining, but yet it does. One day a week, for four months, and their world goes out of wack, and needs constant reassurance.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I haven't had the problems some of you on here are talking about when it comes to girlfriends wanting to have sex or something during a game, because EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE knows not to be by me, talk to me, bother me, call me, touch me, etc...when the Dolphins are on T.V.

Girlfriends I've had in the past don't even come to my house or vice versa during a game. Sometimes when a game ended, I'd go. Whatever. Didn't matter then, because the game was over.

But, if a situation araised like some of you have described, I would buy a vibrator, have it laying right on the side of the lazy boy and if she started to pull that $hit during a game I'd throw it at her and say "Go knock yourself out."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

occ paul sr. said:
u wanna take a ride YEA RIGHT!!
"To be honest witcha, I'm not even sure what my pops wants to get done. He thinks he's helping but to be honest witcha he's really more in the way than anything else. To be honest witcha I don't understand him sometimes but, I guess he's the Boss and to be honest witcha that's the best thing honestly."-------- Paul Jr.

Hi Mikey, you're my favorite. :wave:

Wow, this is so cool, having a real live celebrity on my computer.

/peed a little

Timmy54 said:
you guys are honestly worring me. The reason why is because I know I am as into the fins as anyone else. Well, I am a newleywed and she really hasnt seen me in a real season(last season was easier to depart from after a game). Hell, on Oct. 16th it is the fins v bucs in tampa, near our home in Gainesville and I have already started the planning of a bunch of people going. What is bad is that Oct. 16th is our anniversary!! Thats right, I have already begun to hear, "you want to take me to a football game for our first anniversary??" This is going to go badley. I will keep you informed.

You are so screwed! Never ever get Married during football season unless it's on a Wednesday!

jguig said:
I have actually gotten my way about the following:

I refused to get married during football season. I wouldn't miss a game no matter where the honeymoon would be. I was married in May

Both my children were planned to be born outside of football season. I didn't want to miss a game being at some hospital.

I will need to train my children to not have any activities that require me to be away from the TV on Sundays. I'm currently working on that. They are still young.

Great planning and forsight guy.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom