Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupidest thing said to wife or Girlfriend during a game.

burger13 said:
Well.....not really "to" my wife......but said in front of her whole family.

I was at her house (we were engaged at the time) for Thanksgiving 2003 - Dolphins vs Cowboys. A huge game for me because one of my best friends AND my two older brothers are all Cowboy fans.

They serve dinner right at the beginning of the game, but per my prior demands, I was set up directly in front of the TV, so I was cool with that......so I'm heading back form the main table with my first helping when a Dolphin fumbles (forget who, but it wound up not being a turnover).........so when it happens I yell "JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!"

I turn to sit and see my wife and her sister sitting there with their jaws dropped.....turns out that I failed to realize that her father was in the middle of saying grace right when I yelled......I turn around to see everyone staring at me and her father just says "Amen".

I like that one - It's all in the timing.

MissMeth said:
Since i am a female and a huge Phin Fan, never actually said anything stupid to the wife (lol) but i did get dumped once from a boyfriend. It was our 2nd year anniversary and he planned this big suprise outing and when he told me we were going out i told him "Heck no man... im going to the Dolphin game" he asked me if the Phinz were more important than us and i said "OF COURSE!". Stupid guy!

:missmeth:

I think your fishing for date proposals!:lol: That's what we all dream for in a mate! (as well as a few other measurables:))

CD13 said:
Go watch lifetime on the small TV, but before you do that grab me a beer...

Another good one! I'm going to have to print these out as evidence for the little lady, that I'm not alone. Not that it will help me any.:rofl3:

outlawd2u said:
When we were just dating, I used to tell my wife Not to talk for at least 3 and a half hours, and everytime she'd say something I'd just look at her and go......."Keep Those Things On Your Face CLOSED!!!!!!" I was just joking with her mostly though(It's not Like I could really expect a woman to be quiet for over 3 hours!!!) But Then after we got married I used to make her go to the neighbors house during games, and now she great......... she either just stays out of the room, or she watches the game with me, and keeps the kids quiet

We don't have kids but when the games come on, the dogs go to the top of the stairs to stay away from dad. When Miami scores they run downstairs for a bit, but are back upstairs by the next kickoff. Think I'm stressing them a bit?:lol:

i remember back in 92 my first wife was feeling frisky and i held her off until half time she had my full attention as i was doing my best impersonation of ron jeremy.until i heard "were back at joe robbie for the start of the 3rd quarter"at that time i said "gotta go". not very smart move.

Oboy said:
This thread is a classic!

For whatever reason, I can not seem to remember my worst comment to my wife... however I am sure if I ask her she could come up with a full list within 10 minutes!

Thx! Your wife doesn't know mine does she?

DrAstroZoom said:
I also have a well-informed Fin fan wife. It got ugly last year, when her and I found ourselves on opposite sides of the Fiedler/Feeley debate. Read more here.

Nice link. You know it's bad when ones wife and her mother-in law are on the same side of any argument! Sign of the apocalypse!RUUUNNNNNNNNN:fire:

mercury 40 said:
well even though i am single and would like to marry a woman who is a dolphin fan , if i did marry a woman who isnt a phin fan and she was to run her mouth i would do the right thing and use the mercury 40 technique which is the use of duct tape and stetch it accross her lips. or i would send her out to mow the yard .:cool:

:lol: Your Single???:lol: Hope the mowers not a rider.

Football season is very expensive for me, The wife always picks that time to try to have a discussion or ask my opinion if she should go out and spend all my money shopping. Me in my dolphin induced trance simply mutters "Yeah, hon that sounds great, do what you got to do" never once making eye contact.
She has gotten smart about it though in past years though, if Miami would win she could bring them in the house and I am not as mad, however if they lost I would go ballistic :fire:. Now she does the same thing, however she waits to come home til she finds out the score and if they lost she hides all her sh*t at her sisters house, needless to say after the fins beat the rams last year she brought a truck full of crap totalling $3,800 from all the previous weeks adventures. As happy as I was getting the win it was slightly tempered by the fact I was going to be working overtime for the next 4 months. Her classic response to my whining about the money was, "but it was all on sale".

Another thing said to the ex wife during a game went like this:

Me: "Honey, do you want a beer?"
Her: "Sure!"
Me: "Great! Grab me one too!"
Her: "You forgot the magic word..."
Me: "I'm sorry, grab me one too...b!tch!!!"

That one earned me a week on the couch.
:D

Back
Top Bottom