*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

People can rail on Tannenbaum all day for this (and they will), but plenty of Dolphins fans (probably a majority) were all for signing Suh to a ludicrous contract and all-in on restructuring him, salary cap be damned. Plenty of people were also on the give Landry whatever he wants bandwagon. So yeah, ultimately the buck stops at the Dolphins’ front office, but it’s not as if all of these ridiculous moves were unpopular at the time.

Not to mention, a year ago it was “In Gase We Trust,” “he’s going to be the next Don Shula,” and a lot more along those lines. So unless you think he’s tied up in the basement in Davie while Ross and Tannenbaum dismantle the team, what happened to trusting the coach who’s surely on board with what’s going on?

Last edited:
I agree that TB is not a good GM, but I don't think Gase blames players for his failures as I coach, I think he has been very upfront about mistakes he has made and has shouldered the blame through his pressers throughout the year.... I think Gase's plan all along was to trim down and reshape this roster. I think the success he had in his first year put that on hold. With last season being a mess, now he is moving forward with getting his players into his system. I'm not saying it will work or it won't, but thats my take on whats happening right now
Then how do you explain Ajayi getting traded?

Any chance the Suh move could mean a change in defensive philosophy/scheme is coming too? For example if the team was considering going to 3-4 there would be no reason to keep Suh.

Gase needing to overhaul the roster to establish control of the locker room in his 3rd year isn't exactly a good endorsement of him as a coach. I can't help but wonder if Gase handpicking noted team cancers Jay Cutler and Julius Thomas had something to do with this dysfunction.

The picture is becoming very clear on why John Elway thought very little of Gase.

I didn't buy the moving up for a qb thing at all but given what's going down you might be onto something now

If they are rebuilding what was the point of trading for Robert Quinn? Might as well just cut Wake, Pouncey, Jones and anyone else over 25. I was giving this team the benefit of the doubt, but releasing Suh at this point makes absolutely no sense.

Back
Top Bottom