*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

tom Johnson has played very good football in Minnesota but hes gonna follow the money

he hasn't made any...so likely gonna be very much guaranteed terms if he leaves minny

tom Johnson has played very good football in Minnesota but hes gonna follow the money

he hasn't made any...so likely gonna be very much guaranteed terms if he leaves minny
ya, he kind of exploded his 1st year in Minnesota. Dude deserves to get paid, that was a steal of a contract Minnesota got him on.

Hasn't Suh's house been on the market for a couple mounts now? Point being he has known it and the team has been planning this for awhile.

If the Dolphins are going to be bad or mediocre, I'd rather them have cap space. I don't think having all this cap tied into a few players for a 6-10 team is smart business. I think this is the right move although I'd rather trade him, but I can see teams not wanting to do that because of his contract.

If the Dolphins are going to be bad or mediocre, I'd rather them have cap space. I don't think having all this cap tied into a few players for a 6-10 team is smart business. I think this is the right move although I'd rather trade him, but I can see teams not wanting to do that because of his contract.

Is there an option to buy a Lombardi trophy or something?

I agree that TB is not a good GM, but I don't think Gase blames players for his failures as I coach, I think he has been very upfront about mistakes he has made and has shouldered the blame through his pressers throughout the year.... I think Gase's plan all along was to trim down and reshape this roster. I think the success he had in his first year put that on hold. With last season being a mess, now he is moving forward with getting his players into his system. I'm not saying it will work or it won't, but thats my take on whats happening right now
I certainly hope your right but here the kick if you are if Gase suceeds even moderately we keep Tbum longer. If he fails then we loose both. Its a catch 22 situation at best. I was hopeful with the resigning of some veterans last year plus the draft. Those moves are not appearing promising now. Harris struggled, McMillian got hurt right away and when Tankersley finally started he got hurt. The free agents we resigned Branch and Kiko regressed. This all smells of coaching. One other example to think about that DE from the Rams we traded a pick for last year was on a 2 year contract we resigned him to a one year contract. What the heck.

Couldn't have at least gotten a late round pick or anything from teams with tons of cap space such as Cleveland or San Fran. Best player on defense gone, already paid him a ton of cash and get absolutely nothing for him. I at first was happy with the Quinn trade, but if this is a complete rebuild then I would rather have the 4th round pick and 12 million extra in cap space. If they cut or trade Tannehill I am going to hate it even more.

As soon as Tannenbaum started restructuring the Suh contract, it meant that we were probably going to be hit with a big dead cap hit down the track. This is exactly what Tannenbaum did at the NY Jets as well. The analogy to putting off the bulk of your credit card debt is appropriate - it just gets bigger and bigger and eventually needs to be painfully addressed.
I still believe that Suh is a top player. The failure was in being too generous in the initial deal and then escalating the dead cap hit by trying juggle things and building up debt in the process. Tannenbaum deserves full responsibility for this one, because it is a repeat of the financial screwup at the Jets.
The other thing to be noted is that the exit of Dawn Aponte permitted Tannenbaum to become more cavalier in growing the Suh dead cap hit. There were never any financial disasters when Dawn was in charge. She wasn't loved here on FH but she's a strong smart woman who was better able to control Tannenbaum's natural temptation to splurge. The other factor behind this is that the Dolphins also had a lot of free agent busts in recent years that all added to the team's total dead cap hit, ie the Suh problem was bad but multiple bad free agent dead cap write-offs exacerbated the problem.

Last edited:
You can designated it as a June 1st cut and cut the player right away. No savings till the 1st of June though.
Players wanted that so they could have more bidders after them now and not in June when teams have already signed and drafted players.

I think you have to wait until Wednesday, the official start of the new league year. You cannot give someone a Post June 1st designation until the new league year begins.

I think Miami wants Suh off the books next year so I don't see them cutting him after June 1st. But who knows?

Back
Top Bottom