*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

As soon as Tannenbaum started restructuring the Suh contract, it meant that we were probably going to be hit with a big dead cap hit down the track. This is exactly what Tannenbaum did at the NY Jets as well. The analogy to putting off your the bulk of your credit card debt is appropriate - it just gets bigger and bigger and eventually needs to be painfully addressed.
I still believe that Suh is a top player. The failure was in being too generous in the initial deal and then escalating the dead cap hit by trying juggle things and building up debt in the process. Tannenbaum deserves full responsibility for this one, because it is a repeat of the financial screwup at the Jets.
The other thing to be noted is that the exit of Dawn Aponte permitted Tannenbaum to become more cavalier in growing the Suh dead cap hit. There were never any financial disasters when Dawn was in charge. She wasn't loved here on FH but she's a strong smart woman who was better able to control Tannenbaum's natural temptation to splurge.

The failure was in completely ignoring the LB corps behind him until last year's draft. UDFAs and broken vets.

And now they're going to be even worse.

So how much cap space would we create by cutting suh right now? 3 million is all? I thought I read that somewhere if so that’s pathetic.

This is crazy to release Suh but the writing was on the wall with the Quinn trade, just too much money tied up in the DL.

I’m not the biggest Suh fan but he was hardly the source of our problems. He got paid a lot but the best players at their positions get paid a lot.

The way our FO operates is simply baffling, nearly every contract handed out the last few years has backfired. This move has Gase written all over it in my book. He wants his guys such as Branch, Kiko and Pouncey which funny enough are some of our worst contracts.

With all these moves we are creating so many holes without getting enough resources back to replace these guys.

Now if you said they would draft Vea at 11 to PAIR with Suh, that I could see. You would have an impenetrable front that you could put any Mike behind. You bring Phillips in for Vea on passing downs and use him to rest Suh. If Phillips performs well then he can replace Suh in 2019 but why have a plan.

At this point I can’t imagine we are looking at anything but a QB at 11 and a full rebuild.

I'm just going to assume Suh is ****ing with us and wait until it's official to **** on this garbage team.

So how much cap space would we create by cutting suh right now? 3 million is all? I thought I read that somewhere if so that’s pathetic.
About 3.9 million. Yeah absolutely pathetic. As someone else mentioned they can give that to Gase's buddy Bushrod and have another crap o-line in 2018.

Sky crash!

I've been saying this a for few weeks. The more smoke we've seen the more denial from the fans.

You all are holding onto Suh like he is our savior. Suh has never justified his salary. Sure, he plays at a very high level and brings it every game. But NO DT is worth $20M+ a year. NO DT.

And you're forgetting, this is a Philbin player. Not Gase.

If you guys believe so much in Gase, then get on board. Ajayi...gone. Landry...gone. Suh...gone.

If you cause problems for Gase or are not a Gase guy, SEE YA. This is exactly what a coach like BB does. You are either a team guy or you are not. Most everyone on this board has wanted a BB type coach. Well here ya go. Time to stop worrying about buying your favorite player's jersey. The name on the front is more important.

I think TB has now been put on official notice. You can't cut Suh without Ross' approval. And Suh was a TB signing. So read between the lines.

There is a power struggle brewing in Dolphinland and Gase is winning. Ross has proven he will fire a GM and not the coach. Fire the coach and not the GM. In this cycle, who's next? TB.

So, if Gase is gaining power then what does EVERY HC want behind center? His OWN QB.

I'm an RT fan, but the injury sealed his fate. More specifically the decision to not have surgery the first time sealed his fate.

And the carnage is not over. We will be gutting players, making trades and selling our entire future for the sake of Cleveland's #1 or #4. We are drafting a QB.

I firmly believe by draft, Suh is gone, RT is traded to CLE or DEN, Ju'Waun is traded to DEN. CJ is acquired from DEN and we draft a QB Top 5.

You can't remake the Defense with Suh's contract and presence dictating scheme and how much money you have to spend on players. You can't build an offense around a mouthy RB who won't do what is asked and a hot head WR who wants to make Top 5 WR1 money playing from the slot. Landry would have killed our cap on offense.

This is an alignment. Gase IS IN CHARGE.

Stop worrying about the names on the back of the jerseys. Worry about the HC and the team. This is what you've wanted, well this is how Gase delivers it.

Gase wants his guys. And I think TB exits stage left in the next year. Sit back and let it happen. Let's see where this is going.

I'd be more up in arms if our dline had been dominant for more than a couple games at a time (if that?) while he was here. The year he was signed (as a free agent) we were expecting pure havoc - I still have an "Earth-Wake/Suh-nami" shirt rotting away in the closet - yeah never really caught on.

This is crazy to release Suh but the writing was on the wall with the Quinn trade, just too much money tied up in the DL.

I’m not the biggest Suh fan but he was hardly the source of our problems. He got paid a lot but the best players at their positions get paid a lot.

The way our FO operates is simply baffling, nearly every contract handed out the last few years has backfired. This move has Gase written all over it in my book. He wants his guys such as Branch, Kiko and Pouncey which funny enough are some of our worst contracts.

With all these moves we are creating so many holes without getting enough resources back to replace these guys.

Now if you said they would draft Vea at 11 to PAIR with Suh, that I could see. You would have an impenetrable front that you could put any Mike behind. You bring Phillips in for Vea on passing downs and use him to rest Suh. If Phillips performs well then he can replace Suh in 2019 but why have a plan.

At this point I can’t imagine we are looking at anything but a QB at 11 and a full rebuild.
Great inspite. Unfortunately we won’t be seeing Vea teamed with Suh. I agree, QB doesn’t seem the likely choice, with all that’s happening. I hope they’ve learned from their mistakes with these huge contracts?

Yes but then he comes off the books next year completely which would save a ton of money.

Suh would cost 26 million to play out the year. We're eating 22 million in dead cap to cut him now and most of it is coming out of next year's salary cap. We don't save jack ****. Plus we still have to pay his replacement.

Suh would cost 26 million to play out the year. We're eating 22 million in dead cap to cut him now and most of it is coming out of next year's salary cap. We don't save jack ****. Plus we still have to pay his replacement.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Either they have a lot of faith in Phillips, Godchaux and Taylor or they are eyeing Vea or another DT in the draft. IMO just add DT to all the other needs.

I think you have to wait until Wednesday, the official start of the new league year. You cannot give someone a Post June 1st designation until the new league year begins.

Ah, Wednesday is the official start of the new league year. Would make sense. Guess with all the talk about FA legal tampering I got it confused with today.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom