*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

Coaches practically begged Suh to be a leader on the D-Line, however that isn't who he is. He is an elite talent but a loaner- a mercenary.

I mean taking Jordan Phillips up to Portland with him to workout with him at his private facility doesn’t sound like a lack of leadership.

I'd love to see him go to the Eagles to win a super bowl in his old stomping grounds.

Careful, some of us got accused of not being real dolphins fans for suggesting we'd like to see what RT could do in Denver. lol

I took 3 hours from this website, forgot about Suh being released and then I come back and see the same people talking about it..

It's March people. Enjoy the nice weather.

Can't you carry over that 17 million from the post June cut into next season?

If you cut Suh, you take your lumps now and save only the 4M. Saving 17M in June does nothing for this team and would be the next in a long line of mismanagement that this team has been known for since Tannenbaum took over.

This is unbelievable. I honest-to-god can’t believe what has been happening this offseason. And the off-season doesn’t even officially start for another 3 days.
It's an embarrassment.

The money stings this year or next. Miami is just getting a start now. Gase is moving people now that he doesn't want long term ... even this season. He's a fan of Pouncey so don't expect him to go until next season. Gase wasn't a fan of Suh's freelancing so he goes now instead of next season. They are attempting to put together pieces. Just watch what happens at the QB position. As big as it is to lose Landry and Suh, all non QB moves for Gase is noise. Watch the QB position.

The money definitely hurts regardless. But saving 17M after June 1, when everyone worth signing is gone and eating the other 19M next offseason is beyond stupid. A smart team eats all that dead cap now, use this season as the dump year, and go into the following offseason with a clean slate.

I took 3 hours from this website, forgot about Suh being released and then I come back and see the same people talking about it..

It's March people. Enjoy the nice weather.

It’s still winter and the weather isn’t exactly nice in a lot of places.

I'd be more up in arms if our dline had been dominant for more than a couple games at a time (if that?) while he was here. The year he was signed (as a free agent) we were expecting pure havoc - I still have an "Earth-Wake/Suh-nami" shirt rotting away in the closet - yeah never really caught on.

This.

We had Suh. And Landry. And Ajayi. And we were sucking hard last year when we had those guys.

Ajayi has been easily replaced. Guys worry about Drake’s health but Ajayis knees were of an equal concern.

Landry simply didn’t deserve 15+ a year. Considering he wasn’t a game changer I don’t think he was worth the 13 we offered.

Suh was excellent, but he was supposed to be. But again, not a game changer. Never took a game over. DTs aren’t known for that, but they can (Manny, Baumhower).

We were 6-10 last year. Losing Tannehill made a difference, and the three guys we cut didn’t.

The money definitely hurts regardless. But saving 17M after June 1, when everyone worth signing is gone and eating the other 19M next offseason is beyond stupid. A smart team eats all that dead cap now, use this season as the dump year, and go into the following offseason with a clean slate.
The Dolphins aren't a smart team.

Can you explain what you mean here? Are you saying there’s a cap implication next year - meaning 2019 - by cutting Suh now?

If you designate Suh as a post-June 1 cut, you split the dead money between this season and next season. However, we don’t get the cap relief until after June 1. Cutting him now saves us 4M. Cutting him as a post-June 1 gets us an extra 17M on June 2, and 19M in dead cap next year.

Maybe we are going to a 3-4. That was discussed before but it was always shot down because Suh was a DT not a nose.

I've given this fo the benefit of the doubt on most things in their tenure here but this is just wrong. Someone explain to me what I'm not understanding about this. Why eat all that money

He counted 26million against the cap this year. By cutting him post June, we will get 17million back and carry the remaining 9million as dead money.

Typical Tannenbaum deal. Overpay, then cut. Repeat.

The money stings this year or next. Miami is just getting a start now. Gase is moving people now that he doesn't want long term ... even this season. He's a fan of Pouncey so don't expect him to go until next season. Gase wasn't a fan of Suh's freelancing so he goes now instead of next season. They are attempting to put together pieces. Just watch what happens at the QB position. As big as it is to lose Landry and Suh, all non QB moves for Gase is noise. Watch the QB position.

Doesn’t the fact that Gase is such a fan of Pouncey make you question Gase’s decision-making in getting “his guys”?

Back
Top Bottom