*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

It's not just that you're moving on from Suh and Landry. It's that you lack coherency. Tannenbaum himself signed Suh, and circumstances did not change. You got the player everybody expected. There was no change in Suh's play that would make you think you need to change course.

Then you have all the draft picks that don't get extended. Ideally, you're drafting a team to have a core and then you build that core, cross off holes and narrow the weaknesses over time. Miami is the complete opposite of that. They have extended only Pouncey and Tannehill from the team's own draft classes. Everyone else - they let leave. That's not coherent.

If you know about the VIX, I'd say Miami's VIX right now is really high. I am sure in a day or two we will hear about a free agent or two that makes people happy and spirits will soar and then decline again when Tannehill gets moved.

For there to be true success in my opinion, you need a long range plan, and then you stick to the plan unless some circumstance warrants an adjustment. The plan would include Excels of salary cap hits by position over five years. I am sure Miami has such things, but they are not carrying it out properly. There will be no success until you stop running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Yes. And you can also use it to sign any draft choices you haven't already signed by June 1, sign your own players to longer term deals, etc.

If you designate Suh as a post-June 1 cut, you split the dead money between this season and next season. However, we don’t get the cap relief until after June 1. Cutting him now saves us 4M. Cutting him as a post-June 1 gets us an extra 17M on June 2, and 19M in dead cap next year.

Thanks for the explanation but sorry, where does the $19 million come from? I’m not following the math.

Thanks for the explanation but sorry, where does the $19 million come from? I’m not following the math.

22mil cap hit (lol), but by doing the june 1st designation Tannenbum can delay part of the cap hit to next year, so that he has more cap space this year to throw away.

That I couldn’t tell you, I’m just repeating information others have posted. Cap management is pretty complicated and I’ve never had the patience to really learn.

I'm surprised to not see anybody refer to the Kris Kocurek hiring, one would think him being Detroit's ex d-line coach his opinion would play a factor in keeping or letting Suh go. One would think that's the logical thing.

Even I can't believe this one. The Dolphins will predictably be cutting him at the worst possible time if this is true. There isn't even a decent rationalization for this.

The sad part is I'm happy for the players that are getting chances on real teams. I highly doubt Ajayi missed being the scapegoat for a brain dead organization while he was helping his new team win a championship.

I hope the players jettisoned - especially Wake once that happens - have success with their new teams. People will still say 'they weren't helping us win so what good were they? Derp derp derp!' ... but many of us will know what time it really is.

Last edited:
That I couldn’t tell you, I’m just repeating information others have posted. Cap management is pretty complicated and I’ve never had the patience to really learn.

Thanks. My math says $9 miillion next year, not $19, that’s why I asked.

On the surface this looks like we are throwing this season away and will try to build for 2019. Which is what the Jets were doing last year when everybody thought they would be 2-14. And they ended up beating us.

This has been the weirdest off-season I can remember.

I understood the Landry thing but this is just odd.

I cant tell if these tears running down my face are from the joy of a rebuild, or from losing my favorite players, or blood from gauging out my own eyes

I like Suh, but it's time to rebuild. I am thrilled as long as things go properly. First round QB or bust now. Top 5-10 pick in 2019 and 2020. Gotta hit on all.

Back
Top Bottom