*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Suh to be released* From Suhs mouth. Stay tuned - Update: will be released

Thanks. My math says $9 miillion next year, not $19, that’s why I asked.

I'm seeing numbers all over the place in terms of dead cap for this and next year.
9.1 this year and 13.1mil next year I thought were the dead cap hits. OTC is crashing now.

The money definitely hurts regardless. But saving 17M after June 1, when everyone worth signing is gone and eating the other 19M next offseason is beyond stupid. A smart team eats all that dead cap now, use this season as the dump year, and go into the following offseason with a clean slate.

I bolded the key words of your response. We're talking about Miami.

I'm seeing numbers all over the place in terms of dead cap for this and next year.
9.1 this year and 13.1mil next year I thought were the dead cap hits. OTC is crashing now.

Yes this is the proper calculation.

Suh’s dead cap hit is 22.2 million if you release him before the season.

If we cut him immediately, we take that full hit on. So his 26.1 million cap hit minus the full 22.2 million dead cap space would give us 3.9 million in free space immediately.

If we make him a post June 1st cap casualty, we would function like he is on the cap until June 1st where we would split his cap hit. 9.1 million in dead space is the amount from the signing bonus and restructure in 2018. Subtract that amount from the 26.1 million and you get 17 million in free cap space on June 2nd.

However that other 13.1 million, which is the amount of cap from the restructure/signing bonus in 2019 and 2020 would reflect next years cap and that would be dead space.

The important thing to realize is, you still are accumulating 22.2 million in dead cap.

If you do it next year, you only are taking on 13.1 million and the year after only 4 million.

fine with rebuilding, not fine with rebuilding around the ideas of this idiot tannenbaum.
we are in this mess because of him. the same thing that he did to the jets is happening here. Ross, for all he does in spending, sure has a terrible take on personnel

we are one decent season from the Browns away from being the single biggest laughingstock in the league. let that sink in for a minute.
this organization is a disaster.

He was restructured in 2016...Just two years ago. What's changed since then? He's still at the top of his game. It's not Suh's fault that DT isn't a game changing position, but it's Tannenbaum's fault for not knowing this.

He had several untimely unsportsmanlike conduct penalties last year. He was not a well behaved player. His position and salary he should have been a leader on the D but he was not. Undisciplined player.

I'm going to remember the Suh years most by the way we completely ignored the DT spot next to him and thought we could fill it with the Earl Mitchells and Godchauxs of the world. Phillips flashes but he is waaaaaaay too inconsistent.

I refuse to believe this is official until announced somewhere

F***ing clown shoes

Yea I mean I was actually going with a friend to purchase my first set of season tickets because I had so much fun going to games last year. I haven’t been able to in the past because my schedule during that time of years gets crazy, especially on weekends, but I figure I would sell off the games I couldn’t go to.

But that has been officially been put on hold until I see wht the **** is going on and the direction we are headed in.
The tailgating alone is worth the season tickets. :laugh

Back
Top Bottom